+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree258Likes

Thread: 11/12 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/12 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Kelly could go too. She moves so stiffly! Could be from that stick up her butt I suppose

I like your F3
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I have a theory about Val and whatshername's first dance. Len commented that it was awfully jerky for a Viennese Waltz, and I completely agreed with him. But since they were trying to get in their dance in ONE MINUTE FLAT, maybe they had to speed the tempo up to fit within the time frame. It did seem like a fast-forward in some spots.

I just don't "get" her. She doesn't seem to be having a lot of fun, and the PDAs between her and Val are overdone. I think Louie was embarrassed last night when they were getting their scores . . . he "jokingly" tried to step in front of them. Looked like he wanted to tell them to "get a room."
    combatcutie, march and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I just don't "get" her. She doesn't seem to be having a lot of fun, and the PDAs between her and Val are overdone. I think Louie was embarrassed last night when they were getting their scores . . . he "jokingly" tried to step in front of them. Looked like he wanted to tell them to "get a room."
    It is actually getting embarrassing for everyone. I don't buy into their showmance at all. I think they are doing it for popularity. She can leave anytime now and take Kirstie with her.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post

I can see it now...Derek and Shawn dancing and all of sudden, Spatz moon walks across the dance floor behind them! Pahah.
    LOL...very funny. I might be in the minority here, but I did not like the trio dance that Shawn, Derek and Mark did last night. I realize that both Shawn and Derek have a lot of fans, but I really don't want to see them be the winners again this season. Shawn has already won, so right now I am pulling for Melissa and Tony to get the mirror ball trophy. Goodness knows that Tony deserves it after all the duds that he has been stuck with in the past few seasons.

The only past winners I am pulling for are Emmitt and Apolo, because they truly are not dancers but have put in the hours rehearsing and are fun to watch. I am tired of Kirstie and think that it is time for her to go so that one of the better dancers won't get eliminated in place of her. She is starting to get on my nerves. I like Maks, but I don't care for Kirstie.
    Need40winks and nanarama like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    LOL...very funny. I might be in the minority here, but I did not like the trio dance that Shawn, Derek and Mark did last night. I realize that both Shawn and Derek have a lot of fans, but I really don't want to see them be the winners again this season. Shawn has already won, so right now I am pulling for Melissa and Tony to get the mirror ball trophy. Goodness knows that Tony deserves it after all the duds that he has been stuck with in the past few seasons.

The only past winners I am pulling for are Emmitt and Apolo, because they truly are not dancers but have put in the hours rehearsing and are fun to watch. I am tired of Kirstie and think that it is time for her to go so that one of the better dancers won't get eliminated in place of her. She is starting to get on my nerves. I like Maks, but I don't care for Kirstie.
    So Shawn shouldn't win, because she has won before But Emmit and Apolo should? I don't think Emmit has stepped up this time, he doesn't deserve to win just becuse he can wiggle his hips. I like him, but win? nope. Apolo has done much better, and Shawn has become a much better dancer than her last win.
    I agree with you about Kirstie- it was embarrassing when they were talking with Brooke. Tristan looked the other way.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I didn't care for it either--and I still think that costume made Shawn look like she had a tail.

I'm tired of Derek choosing at least one dance a season where he breaks the rules and then only Len, if anyone, bothers to penalize him and his partner for it in any real way. Instead, they mention it and maybe knock off a point. CA really bugged me when she said there wasn't much samba, but what there was was perfection. Well, if you don't include much samba, your partner has a better shot at concentrating on those few moves and getting them right, while you fill the rest of the routine with things she does do well. I know Mark did the same thing earlier in the season with Bristol, but while I didn't like that either, I could understand Mark's rationale: Bristol really couldn't do some of the dances well, so he had to choreograph around her limitations, in order to try and make her look better than she was. Shawn could do a samba. Derek just decided not to choreograph one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    So Shawn shouldn't win, because she has won before But Emmit and Apolo should? I don't think Emmit has stepped up this time, he doesn't deserve to win just becuse he can wiggle his hips. I like him, but win? nope. Apolo has done much better, and Shawn has become a much better dancer than her last win.
    This is completely based on my own personal favorites. So, yes, I think that I would be happy if either Emmitt or Apolo won, even though they are past winners. But I actually think that Shawn will more than likely be a repeat winner again this year, but she is not my favorite. I would rather see Melissa and Tony win, but I think that that is a long shot given the huge fanbase that both Shawn and Derek have.

But, if we are going to be completely honest, most of the time this is more of a popularity contest than a dance competition, and the best dancer does not always win. I just don't happen to like Shawn as much as I do some of the others.
    KrazeeKy07 and Alexxxx like this.

This is completely based on my own personal favorites. So, yes, I think that I would be happy if either Emmitt or Apolo won, even though they are past winners. But I actually think that Shawn will more than likely be a repeat winner again this year, but she is not my favorite. I would rather see Melissa and Tony win, but I think that that is a long shot given the huge fanbase that both Shawn and Derek have.

But, if we are going to be completely honest, most of the time this is more of a popularity contest than a dance competition, and the best dancer does not always win. I just don't happen to like Shawn as much as I do some of the others.
    I wasn't wowed by Shawn, but with Dereks choreography, she has come a long long way ( jmho) and really pushed herself. I love seeing that.I think he is wasted on this show, he should try and do something on SYTCD. He is brilliant

I wouldn't mind Melissa and Tony in the F3. It is popularity contest, I agree .I would rather it be Shawn and Apolo F2

Seeing Emmitt dance he just doesn't wow me. I don't think Cheryl has done him any favors though. They are pretty forgettable
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 11-13-2012 at 01:05 PM.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I didn't care for it either--and I still think that costume made Shawn look like she had a tail.

I'm tired of Derek choosing at least one dance a season where he breaks the rules and then only Len, if anyone, bothers to penalize him and his partner for it in any real way. Instead, they mention it and maybe knock off a point. CA really bugged me when she said there wasn't much samba, but what there was was perfection. Well, if you don't include much samba, your partner has a better shot at concentrating on those few moves and getting them right, while you fill the rest of the routine with things she does do well. I know Mark did the same thing earlier in the season with Bristol, but while I didn't like that either, I could understand Mark's rationale: Bristol really couldn't do some of the dances well, so he had to choreograph around her limitations, in order to try and make her look better than she was. Shawn could do a samba. Derek just decided not to choreograph one.
    Thank you. Derek is such a great choreographer and he has a really talented, young, extremely capable partner. Len is right...that routine was self indulgent. He could have done a great samba, but he decided not to. It was a really good dance and if it had been a freestyle, I would have been cheering and saying it deserved 10's all around...but, it was not. It was supposed to be a samba and it was not. If they are going to assign a dance style, then do the damn dance! And judges...mark the damn dance! Properly and consistantly...Not when the mood strikes you or based on how hot you get watching it.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

This may seem somewhat tangential, but T/M's paso last night got me thinking about it. Back in 1984, when they still had original set pattern dances in ice dancing, the compulsory dance was a paso, and all the couples did a matador/bull type of division of the traditional paso roles. Everyone except Torvill and Dean, that is. In their paso, Torvill was actually the cape and Dean was the matador, and it may sound odd, but it was really very effective (I haven't looked, but I'd be astonished if it weren't on youtube, where there's a ton of figure skating programs going back as far as the forties). I wish someone on DWTS would try something more original like that with a paso, unless ballroom rules don't permit it. Lately, it seems like every paso has a dominator/dominatrix theme.

I just checked. It is on YouTube. If you're interested, it's under Torvill and Dean paso.
    Last edited by Tilden; 11-13-2012 at 01:17 PM.

+ Reply to Thread