+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: 11/5 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 11/5 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I think if I had Joanna Krupa as a partner I would have taken an occasional sick week as well. The little bit I saw of her on Andy Cohen's show was 5 minutes of my life I will never get back.

I was finally able to see the dances up to Shawn's until the codine in my cough meds took affect.

Team Olympians were awesome. Apolo...WOW! Where have you been all season! Shawn was a dance of beauty & perfection with the added bonus of having to change partners.

Kirstie...it is what it is...love her & Maks but....

I so want to love Emmitt but so far this season it is a mehhh for me. Is it only me but why does Cheryl put a grown butt former professional football player in hot pink pants??? Ick! But I do love Emmitt the person even though I can not tolerate the Cowboys...Jerry Jones...

Melissa & Kelly just blend into each other to me. It's my opinion folks.

I so wanted to ohhh & awwww & sighhhhh over Giles but now I just change the channel or FF when he is on. I am so past the "I'm sexy, know it & deserve to win". Honestly I find Apolo to be more attractive ...even though he is probably young enough to be my child.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I so wanted to ohhh & awwww & sighhhhh over Giles but now I just change the channel or FF when he is on. I am so past the "I'm sexy, know it & deserve to win". Honestly I find Apolo to be more attractive ...even though he is probably young enough to be my child.
    It's always the quiet ones He could have kept his shirt on, he would still have been sexy

I know they went first, thats why they were scored lower than they should have been.
    Shoepie and wannasee like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I think if I had Joanna Krupa as a partner I would have taken an occasional sick week as well. The little bit I saw of her on Andy Cohen's show was 5 minutes of my life I will never get back.

I was finally able to see the dances up to Shawn's until the codine in my cough meds took affect.

Team Olympians were awesome. Apolo...WOW! Where have you been all season! Shawn was a dance of beauty & perfection with the added bonus of having to change partners.

I so want to love Emmitt but so far this season it is a mehhh for me. Is it only me but why does Cheryl put a grown butt former professional football player in hot pink pants??? Ick! But I do love Emmitt the person even though I can not tolerate the Cowboys...Jerry Jones...

Yep. I am with you on every point.

mesa, FM and sunny . . .

Thanks for "getting" what I was saying.

mesa, when I wrote my post, yeah, I was focusing in on Shoepie's. I DO remember reading yours, but my focus was on hers, and perhaps that's where confusion on my post entered into it, because I solely addressed/responded to Shoepie's. Which caused confusion, obviously.

My bad.

Although, when I referred to Derek having the flu, not once do I ever recall writing anything that would indicate that I was talking about him having the flu and sitting out because of that this season.

Yep, Derek took control and charge of that rehearsal session, this season. Yep, he had to. Because not only did they say he was a no-go up until the last second, I also think that frankly, he had to be around to rein Spatz in. Yep, him doing so wound up playing out in Shawn's favor. I really enjoyed the heck out of that dance, and had Derek not been around, I think, it would've been Spatzed out of the wazoo and back. Nope, I don't recall Derek taking that kind of control and charge when he danced with Joanna Krupa and had to be out with the flu for a week (thanks, KatesMom!).

Thanks again, everybody!

Hope I clarified my earlier post!
    mesachick likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Really happy that Tony and Melissa won the swing dance marathon. I just love seeing Tony very happy, it's about time he gets a good partner.

Quick question, next week are they performing again? Or is it going to elimination day?

So for, double elimination, the couples that I could see going is either between: Val&Kelly, Kirstie&Maks , or even Emmit & Cheryl. If there should be a shocking elimination, I would have to say Peta&Gilles or Melissa & Tony (I hope not, for Tony's sake) would be out.

But who should go out, despite liking her and Maks, Kirstie should go, she's not the best dancer, but she always entertains me. I'm not sure who should be the next couple.

Thoughts?

Quick question, next week are they performing again? Or is it going to elimination day?
    I think on Monday they dance again, then double elimination on Tuesday.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post

You said everything I wanted to say and just wanted to add something. I read on another site that Karina was upset because the producers were never clear on what they wanted for the fusion and were basically told anyway you wanted to do it. I know they went first, but then the judges also said that a true fusion was when you blend the two dances together. Knowing Karina's ability to choreograph and the fact she always gives Apollo the really hard stuff I know she would have choreographed it that way if told ahead of time that the judges were looking for that. I believe that was another reason their scores were not higher. I thought Shawn and Mark were fantastic and Derek choreographed a beautiful dance, but they did have two dances that were easier for a true fusion compared to most others. As far as two slower dances versus a slow and then faster dance. Apollo and Karina did not deserve to be 2nd from the bottom at the end of the night. I think Shawn and Apollo are the best dancers at this point and IMO deserve to be in the finals. I have no idea of what the fan bases are. Kirstie seems to always have a huge fan base although IMO I think it is her time to go. I agree regarding Emmitt he does seem off this season, but he has the football fan base. I have no idea who the second couple will be, just hope it is not Apollo. I really hope they kill it next week.
    JunkieGirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    Really happy that Tony and Melissa won the swing dance marathon. I just love seeing Tony very happy, it's about time he gets a good partner.

So for, double elimination, the couples that I could see going is either between: Val&Kelly, Kirstie&Maks , or even Emmit & Cheryl. If there should be a shocking elimination, I would have to say Peta&Gilles or Melissa & Tony (I hope not, for Tony's sake) would be out.

But who should go out, despite liking her and Maks, Kirstie should go, she's not the best dancer, but she always entertains me. I'm not sure who should be the next couple.

Thoughts?
    For me it would be Gilles or Emmitt

Jacegirl I totally agree. Apolo & Karina were vastly underscored. I have always said TPTB influence the judges....but I will continue to watch.

If Giles went home Monday I would be doing the bunny hop in my living room.

Apolo & Shawn just keep getting better where, at least it seems to me, the others have either hit their plateau or started to decline.

Am I the only person who thinks Mark, instead of maturing with age, have become a man/boy? Hs stupid breakdance probably cost Shawn the elimination dance. Who in their right minds, unless they have nothing to lose, would utilize that style of dance in a swing dance competition???? Those styles are separated by at least 3 generations!!!
    ness, AZChristian, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    You said everything I wanted to say and just wanted to add something. I read on another site that Karina was upset because the producers were never clear on what they wanted for the fusion and were basically told anyway you wanted to do it. I know they went first, but then the judges also said that a true fusion was when you blend the two dances together. Knowing Karina's ability to choreograph and the fact she always gives Apollo the really hard stuff I know she would have choreographed it that way if told ahead of time that the judges were looking for that. I believe that was another reason their scores were not higher. I thought Shawn and Mark were fantastic and Derek choreographed a beautiful dance, but they did have two dances that were easier for a true fusion compared to most others. As far as two slower dances versus a slow and then faster dance. Apollo and Karina did not deserve to be 2nd from the bottom at the end of the night. I think Shawn and Apollo are the best dancers at this point and IMO deserve to be in the finals. I have no idea of what the fan bases are. Kirstie seems to always have a huge fan base although IMO I think it is her time to go. I agree regarding Emmitt he does seem off this season, but he has the football fan base. I have no idea who the second couple will be, just hope it is not Apollo. I really hope they kill it next week.
    I agree they weren't told, how about they ask then? its easy enough to ask .As for Shawn and Marks dance being easier to do fusion lets not forget they didn't choose it. It was still the best dance of the night.I cant say I am worried about them going anywhere. Apolo was underscored but thats what going first always does.
    ness likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread