+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: 10/30 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/30 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

All I can say is thank goodness for DVR. Without it this and many other reality shows would be unwatched. At least half of this show is unwatcheable anymore. I cannot watch the judges anymore. It is the same comments over and over with the same gestures over and over. Len is the only barely tolerable one. Brooke is horrid. She is a slight improvement on the last one, but that is not saying much. Even Tom cannot hold this show together anymore.

As for the dancing or entertaining I do not feel anyone this season. Apolo is one of the most sincere genuine people I have seen in the entertainment industry, and he looks disgusted week after week. He would have been better partnered with Chelsea. Kirstie drives me crazy with the lemon sucking faces she makes. I do not even care for Maks this season. Giles is so arrogant I cannot watch him, and I do not like Petra at all. I am so sick of Derek and could care less about Shawn. I love Tony, and Melissa is slightly less annoying now, but she always seems in a bad mood. Honestly if they ended it now with no winner, I would not even care. I guess Emmitt or Apolo winning would be ok, but I am sick of Cheryl winning and Karina and Apolo have zero chemistry.

I was looking so forward to this season too, but too many are getting cut at the wrong times, and I think the partnering was all off. I am not crazy about any of the pairings other than I do think Maks was the best for Kirstie even though I think she is definitely not an all star.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronwyn View Post
    And Sabrina is not a dancer? She was in that DWTS revue show in Vegas for months, which clearly gave her an unfair advantage over others when the producers voted her back for this season. And I do believe that was the case and not the public voting that brought her back. She didn't have a big enough fan base to keep her around her original season, and suddenly she wins a popular vote to come back, just to have the same thing happen again because she doesn't have the fan base for the votes to stay? All we've heard for years was "the most shocking undeserved elimination ever" and now it's happened again that will never stop. Glad she's gone. Again.
    I never, ever said Sabrina wasn't a professional dancer. It is one of several reasons I didn't appreciate her being "voted back by the fans".I honestly believe that was done by TPTB. I didn't get the "most shocking" then & I don't now. Melissa is also a dancer. Hello...anyone ever watch Making DCC??? I do think that dance training gives them an advantage over everyone else. I don't like/get Kelly's fake romance with Val. I'm not a prude here but geeze guys get a room.

Giles I am so over him & Peta. I find he has zero sex appeal to me because it seems like he knows he's good looking so you NEED to feel it...UGH! If Peta wears anymore lingere for costumes I am going to scream. Wear it for Maks when you are alone.

I like Emmitt, I admire Kirstie and love Apolo and Shawn. If any of those 4 win...YEA!

After that I don't care who wins.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 11-01-2012 at 08:43 PM.
    maude~flanders and mesachick like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I was pretty surprised at the fact that Kelly & Val, managed to survive. It seemed from the points given, the judges wanted them out. For a moment, I also thought Kirstie would be out, because it swhenever the judges want someone out, they award them with extra points, (I mean, being realistic, as much I as like Maks & Kirstie, I thought the 9.5 was a tad high), so I was pleasantly surprised they survived.

I'm not that shocked of Sabrina getting booted, she didn't have a fan base, and Louis, isn't a regular pro, so his base isn't as big as the other pros. It's weird though, people say they forgot about Melissa, but I always forgot about Sabrina, she was always there for me. Yes, she is a excellent techinal dancer, but I think her downfall (aside from her fan base) was not connecting with her audience, she was too serious, at times.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually looking forward to see Mark dance again. O_O, I want to see if Shawn can dance a proper dance, I'm getting a bit tired of seeing the majority of her dances having flashy gymnastics moves, as much as I like watching gymnastics, this is a dance show, not a trial.

And, Yay! I'm so happy that Tony is still here! I love seeing him so happy, and having a great partner, and getting to choregraph challenging dances.
    Need40winks likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually looking forward to see Mark dance again. O_O, I want to see if Shawn can dance a proper dance, I'm getting a bit tired of seeing the majority of her dances having flashy gymnastics moves, as much as I like watching gymnastics, this is a dance show, not a trial.

And, Yay! I'm so happy that Tony is still here! I love seeing him so happy, and having a great partner, and getting to choregraph challenging dances.
    You think Spatz is going to dance a "proper dance"? His dances tend to be full of flash . . . but he's usually the one providing it. It may be hard for him to choreograph something that - SHOCK - highlights his partner! And lots of us join with your joy that Tony finally has a good partner. He seems so happy and relaxed this season.
    combatcutie, Tobi, jucamer and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    You think Spatz is going to dance a "proper dance"? His dances tend to be full of flash . . . but he's usually the one providing it. It may be hard for him to choreograph something that - SHOCK - highlights his partner! And lots of us join with your joy that Tony finally has a good partner. He seems so happy and relaxed this season.
    LOL, true, let's say, I'm 'hoping', I know him and Derek have the tendency to make more modern and flashier dances, for traditional ballroom dances. I just really want to see Shawn dance, without the gymanstics.

And yes, I liked Tony from way back, so I'm really happy he has a great partner.
    AZChristian likes this.

Thoughts, etc.

GLAD The Cheetah is GONE. She WAY overstayed her welcome THIS time, too. And no, I DID NOT AT ALL CARE FOR TPTB SHOVING HER DOWN OUT THROATS. Maybe this pacifier will finally satisfy this infant.

Melissa. Glad Tony's happy, but she doesn't barbecue my chicken.

Kirstie. Enjoy her entertainment, but she really can go, now.

Apolo. Spectacular. Now he and Karina just need to keep working that groove.

Shawn. Whoopee. I'll give it to her that Derek is arguably the best choreographer/dancer. And that THIS week, for ONCE, I saw only ONE move in their routine that COULD be a possible gymnastics move. THANK YOU LORD! Somebody, however, needs to definitely take the child aside and let her know that, in addition to toning down/cutting out the gymnastics moves, she ALSO NEEDS TO EASE UP ON THE SPRAY TANNER, OR DO WITHOUT IT!!!!!!!! I wouldn't get out the mourning duds if she took off, either.

Emmitt - I've loved having him back in the house. He won't win, but OH, THOSE HIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gilles - Yep, much as I pant after the fine specimen of gorgeous male anatomy that he is, I've also started to notice a desperation/entitlement that does NOT make for pleasant dreams. And Peta's hair never, EVER needs to be dressed in such a way that her chin is not offset by having SOME kind of hair around it to soften the feminine Lenoesque proportions of it.

Kelly - I'm sorry, I didn't like her dancing and attitude in Season 1. I do not like her attitude in Season 15. Far as I'm concerned, she can follow The Cheetah out the door right now and they can leave Kirstie. As least Kirstie and Maks make me smile.

Right now, I'm thinking Emmitt, Gilles and Apolo F3.

"Course, that'll change a minute from now!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by ness; 11-01-2012 at 09:55 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    As for the dancing or entertaining I do not feel anyone this season. Apolo is one of the most sincere genuine people I have seen in the entertainment industry, and he looks disgusted week after week. He would have been better partnered with Chelsea. Kirstie drives me crazy with the lemon sucking faces she makes. I do not even care for Maks this season. Giles is so arrogant I cannot watch him, and I do not like Petra at all. I am so sick of Derek and could care less about Shawn. I love Tony, and Melissa is slightly less annoying now, but she always seems in a bad mood. Honestly if they ended it now with no winner, I would not even care. I guess Emmitt or Apolo winning would be ok, but I am sick of Cheryl winning and Karina and Apolo have zero chemistry.
    Are you implying that Apolo is disgusted with Karina? Because I couldn't disagree more. If anything, he should be disgusted at the judges, for low-balling him for weeks despite producing some fantastic dances. I'm thrilled he & Karina got a 30 for their breathtaking VW and I hope they can move forward with this momentum and that the judges continue to reward them accordingly.

As for him and Karina, I think they are amazing together. Love what Karina has gotten out of him, he's improved so much as a dancer & performer since his first season on DWTS. I think people have this image of how Apolo & Julianne were together and they keep wanting to see something similar with him and Karina except it won't happen because her & Julianne couldn't be any more different. Even Apolo isn't the same "kid" he was in season 4. He's older, more mature, and seems to have this newfound confidence now. I don't get the comments that he seems "joyless" this season, he has said before that he's a stoic person. He was just as reserved with Julianne, except I think her very media-friendly, bubbly persona made up for it and kind of took over their partnership. To me he always looked somewhat overwhelmed by her. In contrast, he seems more comfortable around Karina and I think they have a very natural bond together. And they don't need to force an "are we or are we not" showmance in front of the cameras like Kelly and Val. I see absolutely no problem with chemistry with these two. Yes, they admitted to having a fight last week. They're not the first couple nor will they be the last. Most DWTS couples have disagreements once in a while. I was more struck by how professionally Apolo & Karina handled it, they tried to deal with it away from the cameras, and came back even stronger than ever. I don't think I've ever seen Apolo be as affectionate with anyone as he has with Karina. They were practically inseparable this week. And for the naysayers saying Karina's the one digging her "man-eater" claws on him, watch Monday & Tuesday's shows, HE initiated a lot of the body contact.

IMO their chemistry with each other becomes even more apparent in their interviews, I especially love the ones they do for On the Red Carpet. Like this one from this week, or this one from from week 4. Adorable. Apolo really knows how to make Karina giggle uncontrollably like a lovestruck teenager. For whatever reason, I don't think this side of their relationship is being shown in their rehearsal packages for the show. Such a shame because I think people would enjoy this partnership more if they saw how much fun they actually have together. But maybe there's a conspiracy and the show's deliberately giving them a bad edit? I wish I wasn't such a pessimist but I have this ominous feeling that Apolo & Karina might be eliminated in the next coming weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    LOL, true, let's say, I'm 'hoping', I know him and Derek have the tendency to make more modern and flashier dances, for traditional ballroom dances. I just really want to see Shawn dance, without the gymanstics.

And yes, I liked Tony from way back, so I'm really happy he has a great partner.
    I want to see her with Mark( again) and see how good she is. Its not easy to change partners. Mark has competition now, Val over dances and Gilles makes faces.

I don't think I've ever seen Apolo be as affectionate with anyone as he has with Karina. They were practically inseparable this week. And for the naysayers saying Karina's the one digging her "man-eater" claws on him, watch Monday & Tuesday's shows, HE initiated a lot of the body contact.
    Last week they looked like they have danced with one another forever. Very very good
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I still haven't seen this week's DWTS. Thank goodness for On Demand.

I still am on Team Apolo & Team Shawn.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I still haven't seen this week's DWTS. Thank goodness for On Demand.

I still am on Team Apolo & Team Shawn.
    You are going to really like them both . Especially Apolo
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread