+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree213Likes

Thread: 10/30 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/30 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by cyn2much View Post
    I don't get why this was the most shocking elimination?????
    It wasn't, but the show will no doubt bring Sabrina back until the dying days of the show and continue to insist that. Who knows, maybe they'll find another way to give her the trophy and make it all right.

Totally agree with you MF. I was so excited to have Louis back this season. I hope he gets to return, and gets a really strong contender. I love seeing some of these pros who often get the short end of the stick get lucky and be able to really show what they're capable of, rather than having to dumb down the choreography for their partner to keep up.

I'm thinking final 3 of Gilles vs Shawn (again), with Melissa or Apolo coming in 3rd. How strange would it be for Melissa to make it that far and have the exact same final 3 as we did in season 8.
    Shoepie and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Technically, Sabrina could dance floors around most of them....it was the lack of emotion in her dances that I think did her in...and that probably had to do with what I found to be a lack of chemistry between her and Louis.
    I saw emotion, I didn't see much from him His choreography was old
    Allie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Most people who dance in clubs every weekend dance as well as Sabrina but she has an inability to bring charisma to a performance -- like Emmitt does -- and cannot add humor to her performances, like Kirstie does, and she probably would have left sooner were it not for the judges regularly inflating her scores and the entire show fawning over the supposed most shocking elimination ever. Well, it's happened two times now. And, no, no surprise either time, really.
    Florimel, justCoz, Bet2Win and 2 others like this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I liked her dance last night and feel slightly sorry for her...and I've always loved Louis so I feel sorry for him as well.

Can't say I'm terribly, terribly sad to see her go overall though. (Which was quite obvious in my above postings, but that's only because it came down to her and Apolo that I may have been really chanting for her to go!)
    Can you imagine if it had been Apolo and Kirstie was still there.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Technically, Sabrina could dance floors around most of them....it was the lack of emotion in her dances that I think did her in...and that probably had to do with what I found to be a lack of chemistry between her and Louis.
    I always felt that way with Sabrina's dancing. Maybe its the person or simply how she dances or both, but no matter how impressed I was with her dancing, it never really touched me nor was it a performance that I HAD to go back and rewatch again and again like I do with many of Julianne and Apolo's dances from season 4. Every now and then I still go back to watch their 2nd cha cha cha, samba and paso.
    Tobi and KrazeeKy07 like this.
    Will you ever come back Julianne?? =(

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    So I just got home in time to see Miss Shocking Elimination EVER! get what'll be touted as the second most shocking elimination EVER! Can the producers just get that unless they hand her the win, the fans didn't forget to vote (wait, I think they'll blame the Hurricane), and they just aren't that into her?

My Chmerkovskiy boys and Gilles are still in it. Tony looks as happy as ever. Life is good Missed chatting with everyone tonight! I have two weeks of dances to catch up on.
    I wondered where you have been! And, I totally agree, I can't really imagine anyone running to vote for Sabrina and I think the shocking thing is that she was voted in as fan favorite rather than these eliminations.
    anemone likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fogey

Who are Taylor and Connor?

---------

I must be all alone on this one, but I adore Sabrina. The "most shocking elimination" tagline was hoisted upon her by Tom B and the public. She has never shown arrogance or entitlement, and she has always worked very very hard on this show. I think she has a great spirt and great energy. Different strokes, I suppose, but I just don't see anything but authenticity, hard work, and a good/healthy attitude.

And, I thought she and Louie together are perfect. He respects her as a person, and I sense she needed a little of that. I have the greatest respect for Louie. Give him respect and treat him like a human, and he returns the favor.

As to all the remaining performers, the only one I could truly do without is Karina. She has absolutely ZERO rapport with the camera or viewing audience (ok. maybe it's just me). I am sure she is nice enough, but she is just plain old boring to watch. Zero charisma. And, I feel SOO bad for Apollo. He has so much potential and really wants to be in this thing, but her lack of appeal and their seeming lack of chemistry together is holding him back big time.

As for Tony and Melissa....I like Melissa, and I like Tony. They just aren't all that exciting to watch. I like Kirstie because she WORKS at this thing. She is not letting ANYTHING hold her down - not weight, not age, not stronger and better dancers. She just can't by declaring she is a size 4 - which had to have been very far from the truth.

Right now, my fav's in order are:

1. Shawn and Derek (SOOO much fun to watch)
    2. Gilles and Peta (even though I'm not a huge Gilles fan, he is a good dancer)
    3. Emmitt and Cheryl (I adore Emmitt as much as I did his first season; he is outdanced by Shawn and Gilles but dayum; he is good and he is a charmer!)
    4. Kelly and Valentin (I love the chemistry)
    5. Kirstie and Max
    6. Apollo and Karina
    7. Melissa and Tony
    Allie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude View Post
    I always felt that way with Sabrina's dancing. Maybe its the person or simply how she dances or both, but no matter how impressed I was with her dancing, it never really touched me nor was it a performance that I HAD to go back and rewatch again and again like I do with many of Julianne and Apolo's dances from season 4. Every now and then I still go back to watch their 2nd cha cha cha, samba and paso.
    Exactly! I never watched her do a dance that made me say "I've got to see that again!"

I've always said its one thing to be technically good..but I want to not only see the dance as a viewer..I want to feel the dance...if the makes any sense!
    chrisg likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    Jexter;4577911]Who are Taylor and Connor?[/B"]
    Connor is the Kennedy who was Taylor Swifts last boyfriend. They broke up recently. Someone earlier had asked if they were still together.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude View Post
    I agree, she just doesn't connect with the audience in such a way that they are rushing to the phone/website to vote for her. Hopefully the producers finally get it--Sabrina was not such a shocking surprise boot, she just doesn't have the fan base! Fans of this show or any show really don't want someone shoved into their face all the time as if we are too stupid to make up our own minds. I'm glad this little stunt blew up in the producer's face AGAIN!!! Now my rankings will go down in the prediction game~~oh well.

As for Julianne & Apollo's Samba~~that dance was hot!! 50 Shades of Gray come to life through dance.
    Midol likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread