+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree269Likes

Thread: 10/23 DWTS Performance Show Pt 2 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/23 DWTS Performance Show Pt 2 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I WILL note that I could've done without Peta's handstand and Gilles' looking down at her crotch. Twice. But, then again, I could've done without Derek sticking his face in Shawn's cleavage (!?!), too. However, I survived THAT, as well, so I'll survive the Team Gangnam dance, also.
    I thought Derek bought out a very sensual side of Shawn we probably wont see again. Although, Derek is so good, we just might. So him laying his head on her chest/or her bosom doesn't quite ( not for me) come across the same, as when I see Gilles looking at Peta's crotch x2 and making a face.

No flaming from me ness, you enjoyed that hot mess I sure didn't.Each to their own
    ness, Need40winks and mesachick like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I hope TPTB read this board.

If they did, they'd KNOW CA has NO credibility in the REAL WORLD!
    I hope they are thinking of replacing her with Paula, thus the guest spot. One can hope.
    ness likes this.

I think, as a whole, I'm pretty much over the whole All-Stars! Don get me wrong, it's fun seeing old faces and I have been enjoying this season, but if they were going to do this, I would've preferred to see more of the second and third runner ups in action.

What I enjoy about this show is watching a dancer grow over the season, though you know this wasn't the point of All-Stars (even though most of them have a lot of room to improve!)...but when you have someone like Shawn, who is perfect every week, it just gets old really fast, IMO. Yeah, its entertaining and you enjoy it, but I'd rank her with Nicole or Mya at this point, because you just know she is going to nail it each week (though this week she surprised me, but that should've been her worst dance, and it wasn't, so now you know she will kill all the rest!) I have never denied that Derek is the best male pro on the show, so I do give him a lot of credit for how well Shawn does and how much more entertaining she has become, I'm just stating my opinion on why I do like her, but why I no longer get really excited to see her dance, because I just know it'll always be technically difficult with plenty of tricks and flips.

At least with the old winners of Emmitt and Apollo, they still have so much room for improvement (clearly).

Shawn is miles a head f the rest of them and clearly is the front runner, but I have always been a sucker for an underdog and always will be! I don't recall one season where I preferred the best technical dancer to the one with more personality! I rooted for Drew (Stacy), Emmitt (Mario), Kyle Massey (Jennifer Grey), Warren Sapp (Kristi), DD (Katherine), and the list just goes on! On a few rare occasions, sometimes it was both technical and personality (Apolo, Gilles...Shawn may have him this time, but I always thought he was better in S8).

I honestly don't really care who wins at this point, though I have my favs, because as ness stated, this season as a whole has been one hot mess!

I really hate when the judges are so quick to call one person out, but always seem to let some people just slide through! Yeah, I get Melissa is hurt, but would've really been that bad for Len to call her out or the leg lifts, as he did Peta?!

Also, I didn't like crotch look down either...thought it was unnecessary!

I still like Gilles for his dancing and hawtness, but yes, I do see a slight arrogance in him this season. I'm still a fan, but I can see where some of you are coming from.

Whew, that was a lot to type so early in the morning! Sorry for any typos and hope you guys all have a great day!

Remember, this is all JMHO! As stated above, we will all disagree on some things, but that's the beauty of this board, isn't it?!
    Last edited by KrazeeKy07; 10-25-2012 at 08:48 AM.
    ness, AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have been hearing Gingham Style on the radio for weeks and thought they were saying Condom Style. ????? What is he saying?

I watched the group dance last night with my mouth open. I couldn't believe it. It did make me laugh. You have to love Gilles!
    Gangnam is a place that is sort of the Rodeo Drive of Korea. They say to "dress classy, dance cheesy" sort of poking fun at the people that shop there and imitate riding a horse. It's sort of the new "Macarena" dance that everyone is doing everywhere in flash mobs, that even your granny may break out into at the senior center if a camera shot her way.
    ness and Shoepie like this.

I'm let down by this season too. Same old propping. Derek can do no wrong. It's worse than usual, even. I don't get much out of watching Shawn. She's athletic and all, but she doesn't have much of a personality and is just boring to me. And her dancing is not really wonderful. I mean, it's fine, she's fit and careful, she remembers her steps, but there's not a lot of grace or excitement. I still feel like I'm watching a little girl at a gymnastics tournament, doing a little more with her tumbling routine than usual. And she talks through her teeth, with some sort of panicked clench going on. Listening to her talk was really bugging me and a friend explained that's what she thought was going on, and it sounded right. I just don't enjoy the couple.

I thought I would adore Apolo but he's sort of checked out, a lot of the time. He's nothing like what I think I remember from Season 4. They're either giving Gilles the worst edits they can possibly come up with, or he's acting like a desperate jerk, 24/7. Ugh. Kirstie seems worn out and struggling and Maks is very checked out and, of all things, boring. ValenTEEN's charm just doesn't work with me. I feel slightly embarrassed watching him, especially with Kelly, and I'm not sure why because I like her, but her dancing is tentative and error-prone. She often looks stressed and miserable when she's dancing. And I don't like the overdoing it with the showmance thing. Yuck. Melissa and Sabrina just fade into the woodwork. The only real pleasant surprise for me is Emmitt (I didn't watch his season), but that's just personality - I don't think his dancing is very good. It's ok but sloppy with poor posture, like most footballers.

That leaves me nothing. And I'm angry that Tristan got Pamela, who could only practice 4 or 5 days out of over 20 before the season, which basically doomed them; and last season he got Gladys when I wanted him to have Katherine or Maria, which I think he deserved after his breakout first season - even Melissa or Sherri would have made me happier, but he got the 67 year old, with a 4-day-a-week tour schedule, who had no chance in hell of making the finals. And here we go again - he gets the worst of all, this time.

I feel like this show wants me to quit watching, and I'm considering it. At least Project Runway is doing back to back seasons, to give me something to look forward to on tv because this mess ain't it. (I did love the Gangnam thing though - best time I've had all season - and the only joy I've gotten out of all of this.)
    combatcutie, march and ness like this.
    There is no such thing as a person that nothing has happened to, and each person's story is as different as his fingertips.
    Elsa Lanchester

For some reason, I'm not annoyed by the Gangham Style performance. I was a little taken aback, but then delighted with its naughty nature. lol IMO the show has provided me with enough grinding and bare skin that nothing should surprise me. Yes, they could have added some more footwork, but, I certainly won't soon forget them.

Another thing is that the younger kids seem to get away with a lot. This group is as follows:
    Kirstie age 61
    Emitt 43
    Gilles 36
    Kelly 36
    Average age 44.
    I normally fall on the side of the over 40 group. lol
    ness and wannasee like this.

I rewatched both shows last nite on dvr. Did anyone else notice that all of the dancers from Team Shawn received a 27 while only Sabrina received a 29? That waltz was not all that great nor challenging especially given Sabrina is a trained dancer. Their group dance flowed so effortly from one couple to the next. I loved how Derek & Shawn worked their way into Sabrina & Louie's part to the point of starting off dancing with the other's partner. How did this not merit a 30?

Team Giles...the camera had to fo look for where the next couple up where located & they were thrilled to get that dance!!! I did not want to see shots of Kirstie's ample bottom side now did I want to see Emmit's knee braces. There was no need for them to take their clothes off for this dance. Just weird. There was zero connection & flow between the couples so how could that have scored a 27?

I don't fault Shawn for playing the gymnastic card since Gilles is playing up the sexy card while Sabrina is a trained, profesional dancer. I have a hard time believeing Kelly & Melissa did not also have dance training at some point in their lives.
    I did not see disconnect between Apolo & Karina. I don't see the perfection in Sabrina. Her footwork was terrible. There is just something missing from her that I am not connecting with at all. Kirstie is a hot mess who really struggles to keep up but as long as she has Maks his fans will keep on voting. Kelly is stretching herself too much and it is starting to show in the quality of her dance. I am so over Peta strecting her leg up & Gilles looking at her crotch. Melissa & Emmitt are just meh..to me & Apolo.
    IMHO I just think this show was set-up to crown Sabrina. If it is I stop watching.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I have a hard time believeing Kelly & Melissa did not also have dance training at some point in their lives.
    Melissa is a former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader so she has some dance training.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    Melissa is a former Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader so she has some dance training.
    Right so that team had the definite advantage in that they had two olympic members and one professional cheerleader.
    combatcutie and ness like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Right so that team had the definite advantage in that they had two olympic members and one professional cheerleader.
    And for that reason alone... I thought they were going to kill their dance. Actually they did kill their dance... just not in a good way.
    ness likes this.

+ Reply to Thread