+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree269Likes

Thread: 10/23 DWTS Performance Show Pt 2 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/23 DWTS Performance Show Pt 2 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am at the high scores on the Gangnam Style number. There was no difficulty in most of the "individual couples sections" - especially not Kirstie's, but also Gilles! He got points for standing there in a towel, gyrating behind Peta, then spreading her legs & looking right down at her crotch! Twice! I thought that was just gross. I've seen the move done before by others & didn't like it then, either, but it was so blatant & "in-your-face" this time. I guess I should just be glad that's all the farther he went with it...
    Sorry to disagree with Maks, but this was just so stupid it was STUPID!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that is over Gilles. The last couple of weeks, he came off as obnoxious. Just like we tell women, less is more (and by less I don't mean less clothes!)

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am at the high scores on the Gangnam Style number. There was no difficulty in most of the "individual couples sections" - especially not Kirstie's, but also Gilles! He got points for standing there in a towel, gyrating behind Peta, then spreading her legs & looking right down at her crotch! Twice! I thought that was just gross. I've seen the move done before by others & didn't like it then, either, but it was so blatant & "in-your-face" this time. I guess I should just be glad that's all the farther he went with it...
    Sorry to disagree with Maks, but this was just so stupid it was STUPID!
    I thought I was the only one that thought that really was gross.Totally unnecessary, I guess that was the fun again.
    Need40winks and nanarama like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought it was fun!
    It was much better than the other team's "dance". I thought that one was nothing but gymnastics/cheerleading. Although done well, there was no dancing involved.
    Team Gangnam had dance moves in it along with all the craziness. It was fun to watch. I think the point of it was fun & craziness. Even the "costumes" fit with the dance, off the wall & crazy.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    It's "Gangnam Style". Gangnam is a neighbourhood in Seoul. And that, for those complaining about them, is why the dark wigs. The original song/video is South Korean, so they were maintaining the spirit.
    But, the original Gangnam Style video girls all have various colors of hair, most of them long, and the main girl has red hair. I think to put on black haired bob wigs is stereotyping. They got very literal in their interpretation, but then thought they needed the black wigs to show us the "Asianness" of it.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

The Gangnam Style group dance was medicore, at best. I din't even think it was funny. Just....stupid! The Call Me Maybe group dance was far better, especially with the transitions from one couple's individual dance to another's. I have no idea why the Gangnam groups's scores weren't LOWER.

I agree with everyone who thinks Gilles is just way too high on himself this season. So disappointing!

LOVED Shawn and Derrick's dance. Simply outstanding! Derrick is so talented and creative. I understand why he has so many fans [mod edit].

Apollo and Karina were underscored. I can't figure out what CA is talking about. Their chemistry is fine. Exactly what is she looking for?

How is the world did Sabrina and Louis get such overly high scores? I thought their dance was an averge performance. Louis is right when he said "Sometimes less is more." especially this season with all the gymnastics everyone is trying to pull off. However, this wasn't the perfect example of it. Remember when Kym Johnston and...the older guy who hosts the daytime talk show whose name I cannot remember right now...did the waltz many seasons ago? Now that was a wonderful "understated" dance.

Glad I'm not the only one who is kinda over Giles. I didn't really like him on his first season (more indifferent than dislike) nor did I think he deserved to win over Shawn, but he's becoming annoying this season. It's almost like he feels entitled to win this season after being "robbed" of the win on his last season. And I also enjoyed Peta so much more when she was partnered with DD.

Honestly, I hope he doesn't even make it to the finals. I would love a top 4 of Apolo, Emmitt, Shawn, and Melissa.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    It was so audaciously out there that I totally see your point, ness.

Like a total drug trip -- No other way to describe it for me, I think.

I thought the best part was Gilles in that little towel!

I haven't watched DWTS in ages but saw a little clip of the group dance online. Hot Damn! *fans myself*
    chrisg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Loved Shawn and Derek's number!

That group number was a complete and utter mess! Gah! I know the song very well, have the seen the video a few times, still didn't rescue the mess that was given to us last night. I think the scores should have been much lower. I too am really over Gilles. He is starting to get on my nerves. He doesn't seem to be having any fun this season, he's way too serious, bordering on the obnoxious for me. I really liked him on his first season too - it's a bit of a shame.

I hope Shawn and Derek end up winning. They are clearly the ones to beat IMHO.
    I too LOVED Shawn and Derek's number and will also agree with you that they are truly the team to beat. Each and every week they come out and PERFORM!!!! I loved the "jump" in the number... they were telling a story and it was believeable.

The group number was a complete mess! Surprisingly... I couldn't tell which were the stars OR which were the dancers. They were all bad!
    The judges should be ashamed for giving such high numbers! THEY WERE HORRIBLE!

As said in a previous post... I did find Gilles funny in his part though.
    Tobi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    How is the world did Sabrina and Louis get such overly high scores? I thought their dance was an averge performance.
    I'm confused with the overly high scores? I didn't like anything about this dance. I didn't like the costumes and I didn't like the judges scores!
    I apparently was watching a different dance.... as I THOUGHT I saw Sabrina mess up many times. Her footwork was sloppy. The use of her "flowing arms" were too much. And her back-fat was disturbing in that dress. WHAT A MESS!

Are the judges trying to help Sabrina this season just to make up for her season? When she was eliminated toooo early?

*SHRUGS*
    march, ness, Uncle David and 2 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread