+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree269Likes

Thread: 10/23 DWTS Performance Show Pt 2 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/23 DWTS Performance Show Pt 2 Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I had never heard of the song Gangnam Style, so I Googled the video after the team dance. If you've never seen it- it will explain their whole 'concept'. Now that I understand...it was even more hysterical the second (and third) time! LOVED IT! Goofy and fun!!
    I totally know what you mean about Gangnam style, Maybabie, and I still think that was Gangnam style on crack, but not entirely in a bad way -- especially with Gilles in the towel.

Quote Originally Posted by TVDude View Post
    It was a fun dance, but yesterday's team dance was much better.
    I was just thinking the second team dance should officially be filed under: Yes, a big ‘ol bag of crazy can go down when Derek Hough is not on your team dance's choreography team.
    ness likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Louie seems to appreciate Sabrina's dance ability. That's nice.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

So the scores from this week go with the ones from next week? Is just one couple getting the boot next week of 2?

I did not think it was funny when Carrie Ann fell. The woman could have some residual effects from that. Jmo
    nanarama likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I loved Melissa in her wig, or maybe it was the style - .It really suited her. The dance was okay, her lower half was good, but you can see how stiff her upper half was/ is. I also loved her dress. I think she will be okay

Derek and Shawn.Wow! Okay, no brother and sister vibe tonight from them. I got chills when he was explaining it to her in rehearsal, then the dance . Derek is just phenomenal. Best dance of *both* nights for me.

Apolo and Karina( what great abs Karina has) yikes. I think they have great chemistry It wasn't their best dance for me. I agreed with CA I hardly ever do, but he has more than she is getting out of him.When they were side by side, they were in time and he is so cute. I just saw more from them both olast night in the team dance.

Sabrina and Louis .Hmm nothing special for me. It was light and it was airy, I just dont care for these two together.I dont get the marks this season, but why would that change.

Team Gilles dance.Those wigs were horrible, way way too dark. The rest was , what was that? Gilles really wanted to be in charge= maybe they should have let him

It wasn't a team dance, they didnt have a clue
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 10-24-2012 at 12:21 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I love the real Gangnam style video. It is hilarious! But, I thought the dance was a hot mess! I get what they were trying to do, but it just came out bizarre -and not bizarre in the funny, original video's way. I think they were overscored for Gilles' "display".

CarrieAnn really needs to replay a dance before she knocks an entire point off of someone's score for a supposed lift. Maybe she just doesn't have the knowledge to judge correctly. That was clearly a "catch", not a "lift". She needs to realize that just because a person's feet are off the ground for a minute, that does not make it a lift.

I feel like it is Kirstie's time to go. She has done very well, but is just not in the same level as the rest of the dancers. Although, I wouldn't be surprised if Sabrina or even Apolo end up in the bottom.

Another thought from the night: I found it odd that Gilles was trying to be "top dog" at the group rehearsals. I know he was the team captain, but why in the world would he think that choreography would be part of that job? Obviously, the pros are going to choreograph. I don't understand why he got all snippy with Maks.

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    CA - please retract your claws and take your Midol.
    Hey...No thanks! I do think she is in a bit of a snit because they keep replaying her fall from grace over and over and over...and over again. (Personally, I love it and have been replaying it every chance I get!)

What is it with the judges of late? Is it just me or are they going at each other? It almost seems as if they spend more time fighting than they do judging the dances.
    jucamer likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    Where is Midol? I think she said CA falling off her chair was the funniest thing she has ever seen on DWTS.

But wait 'till she sees this!

OMG...I was at work and had to watch when I got home. All I can do is

I don't know what to say to that. I know the other team had better costumes, choreography, tricks, etc and as a dance, I know they were better, but this was more theater/performance, and frankly, so much more fun. I couldn't stop laughing. I know that dance will be admired but, this is the dance that will be talked about around the water cooler...kind of like CA's fall last night. Still chuckling about that one.

I'm watching and reading FORT along with the show so I paused to write this before seeing the scores...and I'm kind of afraid to press play. All I can say is that the song itself is kind of a spoof/parody and I can see why they took it in this direction. I hope it makes the judges laugh and brings them out of the snit they seemed to be in tonight. OK...Here I go...PLAY???
    chrisg and Debb70 like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Another thought from the night: I found it odd that Gilles was trying to be "top dog" at the group rehearsals. I know he was the team captain, but why in the world would he think that choreography would be part of that job? Obviously, the pros are going to choreograph. I don't understand why he got all snippy with Maks.
    I don't either, and this is the part I am not liking about him.He is being a tad arrogant, and someone should tell him!

What is it with the judges of late? Is it just me or are they going at each other? It almost seems as if they spend more time fighting than they do judging the dances.
    Midol, I see they are doing it as well..I also thought Bruno was going to fall off his chair at one point, when he was arguing with CA- wait it will happen.

I love the real Gangnam style video. It is hilarious! But, I thought the dance was a hot mess! I get what they were trying to do, but it just came out bizarre -and not bizarre in the funny, original video's way
    I am real tired of the whole Gangnam style thing, but this really was a hot mess. I don't think if the other team had this, they would have been much better.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Okay, I just rewatched the group dance and while I agree that it wasn't tight, I do agree that it was pure fun! I like how they just had fun with it and kept the energy up....they knew the other group was going to be tighter and have more tricks and flips, so they went for the exact opposite approach and I liked that. I think it could've been a tad cleaner (okay, a lot cleaner), but overall I enjoyed it much more after watching it the second time around! Emmitt's face during most of it had me laughing..ya boy was just so into it!

I know all the stars are getting stressed at this point and I feel like by going out there and just having fun, instead of stressing about being perfect, probably helped everyone on Team Gilles relieve quite a bit of frustration!
    march, ness, chrisg and 2 others like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I don't vote for any of the reality tv contestant shows. However, tonight I made an exception. I called and texted the max amount for Shawn and Derek. They was robbed.

Shawn is still my favorite to win this season with Giles close behind.

Team Call Me Maybe crushed Team Gangnam Style!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread