+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Thread: 10/22 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/22 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Apolo and Karina get along great to me! They're not all mushy with each other but they're not stone-cold toward each other, either. I think Apolo acts friendly toward everybody and that's one of the things I like about him.
    I am posting this to agree with you, but mostly to say, "YAY! Rainbow sock monkey is back for a visit!!"
    chrisg likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I am posting this to agree with you, but mostly to say, "YAY! Rainbow sock monkey is back for a visit!!"
    He's the next star I want on Dancing With the Stars. Certainly a character from a Pier One commercial is at least as famous as some of the other "stars" they've had on the show. I suspect he'll do best on the rhythm dances, where he can get his groove on.

I hope I'm not going to harp on it after this, but I respectfully disagree with the notion that Emmitt was overscored in any sort of major way -- indicating that he should have gotten average, or slightly above, scores for a dance that was executed incredibly well and got a huge ovation from the crowd, the enthusiasm of which tends to usually come along with a dance that often gets scored all tens. The ovation went on for a long time and, from that reaction, it is pretty clear to me, that Emmitt is strongly entertaining many people through a lot of his dances, and I am glad that includes the judges -- because I see being very entertaining and uplifting (as long as your execution is strong) as legitimately valid reasons to highly value something that ultimately is entertainment.

That said, I do think he was a little overscored and was trying to make a joke out of it as ness did much more artfully, which she usually does. In balance, though, I also have thought Emmitt was a little underscored other weeks and think that made him due for some of that to even out which it should, ideally.

Also wanted to say that Carrie Ann's falling off her chair was only funny in retrospect - once she bounced back up and seemed fine right away - and I am sure everyone else feels that way too since she tries the patience of a lot of us sometimes but we would never want to see her hurt. I also thought that the thud was from her body hitting the floor but, looking at the replay, it does look like her head did hit the floor and she should get that checked out because head injuries can be deceptive. Hope she got it checked out and that she is ok. Also glad that Melissa appears to be doing better and that she stays healthy also.

ETA: This is a non-elimination week, Katesmom, but I'm not sure if this week's scores and votes will be incorporated with next week's scores and votes. Does anyone know?
    Last edited by chrisg; 10-23-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It is, yes, you can stil vote, and the votes are carried on to next week.
    Sorry, Fanny, my eyes skipped right over this. Thanks so much for the info.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Third week in a row that Kelly's managed to make sure to expose Val's chest. Think that's a coincidence?
    Must be a family trait.... as Maks shows his chest quite often. But.. I'm happy to see what Maks has to offer....
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    He's the next star I want on Dancing With the Stars. Certainly a character from a Pier One commercial is at least as famous as some of the other "stars" they've had on the show. I suspect he'll do best on the rhythm dances, where he can get his groove on.
    I would go so far as to say much more famous than some of them

Sorry, Fanny, my eyes skipped right over this. Thanks so much for the info
    You're welcome chrisg
    chrisg likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think CA fell off her chair and after she hit the ground, she sort of laid her head back and laughed- at least that's how I saw it. I don't think she actually hit her head. Her head was sort of lolling off the step and she looked to be laughing.

Yeah.. thats sorta how I saw it. Its a dangerous job... being a judge!

That's what I thought at first too, guys, but then I looked at it again and wasn't sure. Either way, hopefully she's ok. And this has been a dangerous season of DWTS with Gilles and Melissa being injured and now Carrie Ann taking a tumble. Hopefully everyone will stay injury free the rest of the season or Tom could be taken out by a freak hosting injury and then I think the official hosting rules dictate that Brooke would have to take over.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    That's what I thought at first too, guys, but then I looked at it again and wasn't sure. Either way, hopefully she's ok. And this has been a dangerous season of DWTS with Gilles and Melissa being injured and now Carrie Ann taking a tumble. Hopefully everyone will stay injury free the rest of the season or Tom could be taken out by a freak hosting injury and then I think the official hosting rules dictate that Brooke would have to take over.
    I wonder how Melissa will be tonight. I am sure CA got checked out today.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread