Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: 10/16 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    No, Kirstie didnt go yet

Hahahahaha!!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I can't speak for anyone else. For me - I don't get any enjoyment from watching Sabrina dance. Yes, she is a great dancer - and no, I don't think she should have left before Bristol.
    I am in total agreement. She is one of those artists with impressive technique, but no personality, and as far as I'm concerned, personality is as equally valuable a component in a work of art as technique.
    Florimel, ness, justCoz and 4 others like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I wish Dmitry had been Sabrina's partner. At least I'd get the eye candy. And I think they might have been a sexy couple, together. Louis looked like he was struggling with all those lifts this week and he dropped her on the last lift, and he looked like he was about to tumble down on top of her. I don't like them together at all. Even though she's short, I think she would have benefited from having a big hulking partner, who at least could throw her around without looking like it was a strain. I also like Dmitry's choreography better than Louis'.

And there's something that bugs me about the way Shawn talks. Like she's trying to smile while talking - or she's so tense she can't relax her mouth? Oh I can't figure it out. I don't want to dislike the young girl, but I can't enjoy watching her. And she's bow-legged, though the knee-length skirts go a long way towards masking that issue, and it may have something to do with her musculature, but it's still distracting to me.
    Last edited by Elsa66; 10-17-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    Coco46 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa66 View Post
    I wish Dmitry had been Sabrina's partner. At least I'd get the eye candy. And I think they might have been a sexy couple, together. Louis looked like he was struggling with all those lifts this week and he dropped her on the last lift, and he looked like he was about to tumble down on top of her. I don't like them together at all. Even though she's short, I think she would have benefited from having a big hulking partner, who at least could throw her around without looking like it was a strain. I also like Dmitry's choreography better than Louis'.
    That's how I feel - he seems really old for her. Not a good combo at all. And yes he did struggle with the lifts.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There were SO many lifts, too, and he was struggling with them. A disco should "pop" more than any other dance and it fell flat. I also felt like I'd seen Melissa and Tony do that dance a few times before. At least their lifts were good, but so many! I got tired of them. They keep talking about competing with Shawn, but have there even been any lifts in Shawn's routines?

General, across-the-board thoughts . . .

Tilden - You're dead-on about when Susan first exploded onto the scene. I remember seeing a clip of when she first came out onto the BGT stage. Frumpy, dumpy and lumpy. I remember seeing Simon smirking at her and asking, in a just-this-side-of-straight-up, condescending way, what was SHE going to sing. I think she said something from "Les Miz". Simon, still smirking, said something to the effect of: "Off you go!"

Boy, DID she!

After the first few notes, a shot of Simon came up. His mouth was partially open, and both his eyebrows'd shot clear up to his hairline.

Then, in the finals, Susan came second.

I remember hearing/reading during the tail end of BGT and for awhile, afterwards, that she'd suffered a breakdown. I mean, this was a middle-aged lady from Scotland who just sang in her church choir, prior to being on that show. The fame and attention were too much for her then, apparently, and in some ways, may still be. That COULD be a reason why, even though she well deserves it for that voice of hers, she still appears scared and nervous onstage, sometimes.

And AlwaysVeg, if Donny was/is one of her idols, singing with him CERTAINLY couldn't've helped her nerves, either.

KatesMom and Rattus - Count me in, regarding Sabrina. I didn't like her from her very first appearance on DWTS. She completely lost me in her bio/intro tape when she was crowing about how SHE was coming in to "Bring the Cheetah to the ballroom!" Or words to that effect. My first thought was: "EXUSE me?! And just WHO is THIS little snotnose?!"

Yep, the snotnose could dance.

Nope, I did not like the snotnose then, and I do not like her, now.

I believe KatesMom put it into words for me best when she said she doesn't enjoy Sabrina's dancing, and Sabrina seems to be trying too hard. That was the EXACT vibe I got from her the very first time she and Mark stepped out on the floor. He wasn't overdancing then as much as he is now, but, however it happened, he'd finally gotten somebody partnered with him that could keep up with him. I remember one of us, here, making some statement back then to the effect that watching Sabrina dance was like watching somebody who'd just picked up a gun go out hunting to blow something away. Kudos to whatever poster it was that said that, because that is ABSOLUTELY how she dances. That has never changed. And no, I don't find that enjoyable to watch, either.

And, yep, I am SO over hearing about That Which Will Not Be Re-stated, when it comes to her. I've been over THAT for a long, LONG while.

Maybe they paired Louis with her to calm her down a little bit. Maybe. But it's not working. She's STILL overdancing, and he DOES seem too old for her. And no, she DOESN'T seem to have a lot of regard for him, as a person.

And yep, she IS too much for him to be trying to lift.

JMHO.
    Last edited by ness; 10-17-2012 at 04:50 PM.
    Florimel, VAgirl79 and KatesMom like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I am relieved Apolo was safe, but I really, really, REALLY want Sabrina to get chucked out the door next.

The overdancing and her attitude (the one I perceive, anyway) bugs the living daylights out of me. She was Mark's very first partner if memory serves. Funny, back then I liked him but couldn't stand her. Now I can't stand either one of them! So I am rid of one now, and just hoping the other follows him out the door.

If by some horrible twist of fate she wins?
    jucamer likes this.

So what I would like to know is which one of the fabulous singers gets to draw the short straw and sing in Korean for Gangnam Style.
    mesachick and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    So what I would like to know is which one of the fabulous singers gets to draw the short straw and sing in Korean for Gangnam Style.
    My ears hurt already!!
    TIA__MA likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    I'm not thinking it will sound much different from what they usually do.
    ness and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread