+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree291Likes

Thread: 10/16 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/16 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I think I remember when Susan Boyle first became famous that she said in an interview that she always had a crush on Donny Osmond. Didn't she say she had a poster of him in her house? So maybe singing a duet with her "crush" contributed to her being nervous. I haven't attended a concert or bought a CD, but of all the TV appearances I've seen, none were so good as her AGT debut. I think she is overwhelmed by her own success and being a "celebrity," having come from a fairly reclusive life.

FORT Fogey

I think part of Susan Boyle's nervousness may well have to do with the fact that a lot of people have such high expectations of her now. They want to be as thrilled as the judges/audience were the first time they heard her voice, when they were expecting not much of anything. There's no way she can ever reproduced that moment for herself or an audience ever again, but she may feel she's under some kind of pressure to give them the same kind of experience. She shouldn't be, of course, but people have all kinds of unreasonable expectations of themselves all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I wonder if there will be a double elimination the following week?
    I thought that was why there was a double elimination last week? Because they knew with the debates there was going to be at least one week of probable non-elimination going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I thought that was why there was a double elimination last week? Because they knew with the debates there was going to be at least one week of probable non-elimination going forward?
    Ah, that could be why.They never did say why it was a double E did they? makes sense if it was because of the debates. I am looking forward to the show only being an hour each night, and both of them dancing.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I don 't get that either. I am not sure what she does that people want to see her go before a horrible dancer like Bristol? I liked Sabrina the first time and I like her now. Sabrina seems nice and she treats people with respect unlike SWNSNBM. I just don't get it.
    Of course she's a better dancer than Bristol - but the shock value alone from Sabrina going home again before she thinks she should, would have been great to see. She thinks way too highly of herself - IMO she's sort of the female version of Mark. That's why I don't like her. I am happy that Louis is still here though....

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Of course she's a better dancer than Bristol - but the shock value alone from Sabrina going home again before she thinks she should, would have been great to see. She thinks way too highly of herself - IMO she's sort of the female version of Mark. That's why I don't like her. I am happy that Louis is still here though....
    I disagree. I think she dances her heart out. She shows up every time, that isn't thinking highly of herself.

I guess we all see people differently
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I don 't get that either. I am not sure what she does that people want to see her go before a horrible dancer like Bristol? I liked Sabrina the first time and I like her now. Sabrina seems nice and she treats people with respect unlike SWNSNBM. I just don't get it.
    Well reading the thread, the main reason nobody liked Bristol was because she didnt/couldn't dance.Maybe they don't like Sabrina because she can
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I can't speak for anyone else. For me - I don't get any enjoyment from watching Sabrina dance. Yes, she is a great dancer - and no, I don't think she should have left before Bristol. That being said, I am sick to death of the c**p TPTB throw at us, to the point where I'm not even sure I will watch the next season. So, given how much Sabrina has been thrown at us as the most shocking elimination ever, and given the, IMO, truly stupid decision to bring back the chaos that is Bristol, I actually think it would have been hilarious to have her go first. It would have been one of the first schemes of TPTB that would have truly blown up in their faces. Not that it would matter or change things one bit, which is why I think I may be done after this season.

Sabrina, to me, seems to be trying too hard. Like she is trying too hard to get us all to like her. I'm sure part of that comes from her early elimination last time, and I'm sure part of it also comes from her being not as popular/well-known as some that are remaining. That being said, it is just coming off wrong. Yes, she is a great dancer. But this season is about more than that and I just don't enjoy watching her dance, impressive though it is.
    pikachu, ness, Rattus and 4 others like this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

What's this I'm hearing, the dancing zombie is gone??? Thank GOD!
    ness and AZChristian like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    What's this I'm hearing, the dancing zombie is gone??? Thank GOD!
    No, Kirstie didnt go yet

Jamie5632 and bee stung lips like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread