Closed Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Like Tree438Likes

Thread: 10/15 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: 10/15 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Bristol is like swine flu, you think it's over and it keeps on infecting.

..or a bad case of hemorrhoids. Just when you think they're gone, they flare up again. (or so I'm told, anyway)
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I think this is the first season that Derek's pro is making HIM tired! Usually he is cajoling his partner to 'do it just one more time', but this year it's Derek on the ground and Shawn saying let's do it one more time. I like her energy and I think she has definitely improved over her season- she's grown up a bit.
    I think he is really enjoying her energy. I am happy for him.

I thought last night's show was weird. I felt like I was watching a mediocre night of So You Think You Can Dance, rather than DWTS.
    Pretty much agree with you, last week it was Halloween. This week.

OK - just realized it's only the one hour because of the debate. Awesome! I can be in bed by 8:00pm
    LOL I thought the same thing.
    TIA__MA likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

I was wondering if they are purposely making Bristol not look like the underdog and not picking on her to elminate the pity votes. They seem to be throwing Kirstie under the bus, but now that she is the "underdog", and people LOVE Maks, some of those pity votes will go to her instead. Maybe it is wishful thinking, but I really think this will be Bristol's time to go, and they want to give her the appearance of going out on a high note, so she can't whine about only getting 6's and being unwanted. The only other person I would be Ok with going out before Bristol would be Sabrina, I am just bored by her. At the end of the night when they did the run down, I had completely forgotten her dance. She is a better dancer than Kirstie, but I don't think she has the fan base and I know Louis doesn't compete with Maks as far as rabid fans go!

I hope the last few standing are Gilles, Apolo, Shawn and Melissa. I think they are the best dancers and the most interesting to watch, because their partners can really choreograph for them. I think Tony needs to tone down his ambition a little so Melissa doesn't get out of her element too much, it makes her look weaker than she is. Showcase her strengths, and she will do great.

I missed the beginning of the show - so I missed Kristie and Bristol. Sounds like I didn't miss much. I will say, I really enjoyed Melissa, Shawn and Kelly. I also thought Apolo did great and I felt bad for Karina slipping on the mic pac. Finally, Gilles was enjoyable.

I just have to get this part off my chest, because I have noticed it in past weeks, but last night she did it again. Sabrina needs to stop talking so much and let Louis talk once in a while. In all her footage, from rehearsals, to the show, to the interview before the scores, she is always talking over him. She doesn't listen and she doesn't give him a chance to talk. I think she is such an over-eager beaver, but she's not really aware of how it is coming off, which is a bit rude. Even last week with picking the dance - wasn't she the one who didn't even discuss it with Louis first, she just picked one (of course picking the one Kristie didn't want - which is I think what Louis was trying to tell her).

FORT Fogey

Bristol should have been the first eliminated, and every elimination she survives just irritates me more and more. I don't get the mixed messages the show is sending about her. They deliberately showed the part of the rehearsal footage with her whining about wanting an easier dance, in stark contrast to the challenges that all the other contestants wanted in their dances. I thought for sure that would be the preamble to the judges criticizing her dance and giving her low scores. But nooooo, she gets praise! I was stunned -- did they just watch the same dance I watched? I thought she would be lucky to get 6's, and then she gets 8's across the board?! WTH!? No judge ever comments on the fact that she is totally outclassed as a dancer by every other contestant, even Kirstie IMO, who is 40 years older than she is. It's like watching your clunky kid give a mediocre or even pathetic performance at her dance recital but you praise her anyway because you don't want to hurt her little feelings. Yet, after Kelly and Val's beautiful dance, CA tells Kelly she was beyond her abilities in the side-by-side part of the dance! How about the fact that Bristol is beyond her abilities in this entire show?

On another note, Gilles' dance was notable not only for the criteria judged in all the other dances, but also for the very intricate hand movements he had to perform, which are not a part of any other dance. He and Peta were magnificent, and I'm really hoping he takes this thing and is not beaten out by Shawn again. That would be a shame. He was robbed last time.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I missed the beginning of the show - so I missed Kristie and Bristol. Sounds like I didn't miss much. I will say, I really enjoyed Melissa, Shawn and Kelly. I also thought Apolo did great and I felt bad for Karina slipping on the mic pac. Finally, Gilles was enjoyable.

I just have to get this part off my chest, because I have noticed it in past weeks, but last night she did it again. Sabrina needs to stop talking so much and let Louis talk once in a while. In all her footage, from rehearsals, to the show, to the interview before the scores, she is always talking over him. She doesn't listen and she doesn't give him a chance to talk. I think she is such an over-eager beaver, but she's not really aware of how it is coming off, which is a bit rude. Even last week with picking the dance - wasn't she the one who didn't even discuss it with Louis first, she just picked one (of course picking the one Kristie didn't want - which is I think what Louis was trying to tell her).
    In fairness, they didn't have a lot of time to choose. The whole choose thing,was to be done strategically- so something they wouldn't like/know.It didn't matter what Kirstie wanted. .It wouldn't be great to give them a dance they loved. When Cheryl decided what to give Kelly and Val, he called her the B word( classy )
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    ..or a bad case of hemorrhoids. Just when you think they're gone, they flare up again. (or so I'm told, anyway)
    Another thing Briston and hemorrhoids have in common - they both give you pain the same body part.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post

Yes, Sabrina just blurted out the answer without even turning to Louis. If she had bothered to consult with him, she might have realized that by giving the Charleston to Kirstie, she was also giving Rock and Roll to Bristol (and vice versa). I know they didn't have a lot of time, but the other couples strategized a bit before making a choice, and by the end, it should have been just as much about what their choices were potentially going to do to all the contestants left. Maybe Louis would have agreed with her or wouldn't have cared--but we'll never know. And it kind of looked like Sabrina regretted her gut reaction response when she saw Kirstie's reaction too. Maybe if she'd taken a second to think before she spoke, she might have chosen differently.
    Florimel and Debb70 like this.

I was confused during that countdown where you had to pick what the other couple would dance to. It took me a few minutes to figure it out.

Can someone point me to a list of the scores from last night?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Wikipedia has the scores from this season. They're a good source for a variety of information.

Closed Thread