Closed Thread
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Like Tree438Likes

Thread: 10/15 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: 10/15 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I thought tonight's show was awesome! The level of dancing is surprisingly good. In half of them, you can't tell which one is the pro and which is the celebrity. Shawn and Gilles blew me away! Gilles's dance was so unique. I really hope to see it again. Yet, Shawn's dance was the best technical dance I have ever seen on the show.

I do feel a bit sorry for Mark. When his "celebrity" is asking for the easiest possible dance, while all of the other pros are getting to stretch their choreographical wings - it must be tough! You can see his disappointment, while at the same time he has to play nice and put on a brave face and kiss her butt because she will throw another tantrum if not. Poor Spats! Maybe he wanted to wear a rabbit suit to get her sent home earlier. You know he's got to be thinking of ways to get rid of her! lol!

The thing about the judges giving Bristol the score they did, and how they commended her, was that everyone knew it. The ballroom was quiet, the applause was small and polite, and when the scores came out, you could hear a pin drop. Everyone watching sees how wrong it is that Bristol is being overscored and kept to long. I am just hoping that some karma catches up and she actually gets what she deserves - her butt booted out of the competition!

I'm worried for Apolo!! I hope he doesn't go home for the problems tonight!
    MsDiva2007, Midol and Debb70 like this.

I don't care for these types of night, DWTS is not what it once was. Too many gimmicky dances.Judges rubbing one another

I didn't think Bristol and Mark were as bad as I thought they would be . OTOH I thought Maks and Kirstie were pretty bad( she looked like Mrs. doubtfire) even if she did do a cartwheel. It was again about fun, not much dancing .I thought the Charleston would be easy for these two
    Sabrina , I wish she didn't have Louis he has no upper body strength. I think she could be in danger this week
    Emmitt and Cheryl I was bored .It was just meh for me. He doesn't seem like he wants to be there sometimes
    Gilles and Peta, now that how its done!!!!! 10's .Bollywood is hard, I took a few classes and its so hard to do. Very good dance from these two .I had better music though, the musicians really sounded worse than ever for this dance
    Melissa and Tony, it was good . I am not a huge fan of these two.I do think she dances so well, she makes it look very easy
    Shawn and Derek, if they hadn't wowed me up until now( I did love them last week) this week was ,well - WOW!! excellent!!!
    Apolo and Karina, I doubt a fall will make them go hone, if that's the case, their fans are not fans.She was embarrassed that's all. her hip hop wasn't good ( and that music again) ugh!! I don't know why these dancers don't take a couple of classes outside of their comfort zones. Apolo was good.
    Kelly and Val, that was very nice surprise. The routine was beautiful , I don't know what CA was talking about, beyond their ability?
    sunshine3331 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Bristol is like swine flu, you think it's over and it keeps on infecting.
    BTW, karalott, Florimel and 4 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

My best tonight were

Gilles/Peta, Bollywood is easily the most difficult

Emmitt/Cheryl, Beautifully done bolero by both of them. I'm not surprised that Cheryl had never done it. I think she competed in International Latin and those five dances are rumba, samba, cha cha, jive, and paso doble.

Shawn/Derek, this was an outstanding dance, but only Shawn would have the necessary gymnastic skill to do it. Derek could never have done that choreography with anyone other than an elite gymnast. That's still my real problem with him; he has never had to choreograph or teach any one who was a real challenge.

Apolo/Karen, I think Apolo did a great job with a style I really don't like. He definitely outdanced Karina tonight and should be rewarded for that.

Below them were
    Kirstie/Maks - they are just fun to watch.

Val/Kelly, nice job, but I don't think contemporary is that difficult for a ballroom pro to do well.

Melissa/Tony, love him, do not love her. As a former Dallas Cowboy cheerleader, she has had a lot of dance training. She's quite good, but I don't enjoy watching reality participants masquerading as stars.

I have nothing to say about she who must not be named. I do think the judges believe we are that stupid or else they just don't care what we think.
    chrisg likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think this is the first season that Derek's pro is making HIM tired! Usually he is cajoling his partner to 'do it just one more time', but this year it's Derek on the ground and Shawn saying let's do it one more time. I like her energy and I think she has definitely improved over her season- she's grown up a bit.

I'm not sure the scoring was all that fair tonight with regards to the different styles tonight. Several of the styles the judges weren't familiar with so they judged the entertainment value and not the dance content. After the Bollywood routine, Len out and out said he had no idea about Bollywood steps but he liked it and scored it well. I do think it deserved high scores, but how can a judge give fair scores if they don't know the dance?

I thought last night's show was weird. I felt like I was watching a mediocre night of So You Think You Can Dance, rather than DWTS.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I thought tonight's show was awesome! The level of dancing is surprisingly good. In half of them, you can't tell which one is the pro and which is the celebrity. Shawn and Gilles blew me away! Gilles's dance was so unique. I really hope to see it again. Yet, Shawn's dance was the best technical dance I have ever seen on the show.

I do feel a bit sorry for Mark. When his "celebrity" is asking for the easiest possible dance, while all of the other pros are getting to stretch their choreographical wings - it must be tough! You can see his disappointment, while at the same time he has to play nice and put on a brave face and kiss her butt because she will throw another tantrum if not. Poor Spats! Maybe he wanted to wear a rabbit suit to get her sent home earlier. You know he's got to be thinking of ways to get rid of her! lol!

The thing about the judges giving Bristol the score they did, and how they commended her, was that everyone knew it. The ballroom was quiet, the applause was small and polite, and when the scores came out, you could hear a pin drop. Everyone watching sees how wrong it is that Bristol is being overscored and kept to long. I am just hoping that some karma catches up and she actually gets what she deserves - her butt booted out of the competition!

I'm worried for Apolo!! I hope he doesn't go home for the problems tonight!

The thing I noticed about B/M is that those in the celebraquarium just don't show the kind of enthusiasm for them that they do for the rest of their fellow contestants. They're not rude, but their response is muted at best. The other celebrities are just kind of hanging over the edge of the rail and watching, as opposed to cheering them on. Can't say as I blame them. For a lot of them, this is either a moment where their pride is on the line, because they're previous winners, or they're anxious to prove themselves because they came as close as second without winning. I doubt any of them want to lose to someone who's consistently scored at or near the bottom of the scoreboard every week--and this week, they're only a point and a half away from the bottom. Not that they want to lose to anyone, but I would think there's something worse about losing to someone who's now been caught on tape saying she wants an easier dance than her partner wants to choreograph when they're all pushing themselves to do as much as they can. I don't think DWTS "accidentally" included that in her package and so many other remarks by other contestants about wanting to push themselves in theirs. DWTS may want Bristol around for ratings or controversy or whatever, but I think they know the kind of backlash that would follow if she actually won an all-star season against the kind of competition that's being thrown out there by the rest of the dancers. Even her own pro is admitting she isn't as good or as willing to stretch herself as everyone else. If she wins, it seriously damages her credibility--and her fans may or may not bother to return to replace the viewers who may feel the show isn't worth their time anymore if the results can be manipulated to the point where a clearly less talented dancer wins.

I'm also predicting that if that seems to be happening, we may see a sudden return of the dance off, so that the show can get rid of her.
    BTW and maude~flanders like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I thought last night's show was weird. I felt like I was watching a mediocre night of So You Think You Can Dance, rather than DWTS.
    Haha! That's funny because that's what I was thinking while I was watching the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I'm not sure the scoring was all that fair tonight with regards to the different styles tonight. Several of the styles the judges weren't familiar with so they judged the entertainment value and not the dance content. After the Bollywood routine, Len out and out said he had no idea about Bollywood steps but he liked it and scored it well. I do think it deserved high scores, but how can a judge give fair scores if they don't know the dance?
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    When I first saw her in the line-up at the beginning of the show, for a minute, I thought she was Karina. The hair was very similar. I agree it's cute, but it was a little bit of a shock at first, because I'd never really thought of them as looking that much alike before, but put them in the hairstyle and you really see a similarity.
    Oh my...I can't believe somebody actually thought the same thing I did. I thought Melissa was Karina!
    BTW likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    Darn - no recap. I have to watch two hours?
    OK - just realized it's only the one hour because of the debate. Awesome! I can be in bed by 8:00pm.

Closed Thread