Closed Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Like Tree438Likes

Thread: 10/15 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/15 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    So did he intentionally take off his microphone, or was it accidental?
    I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure whatever it was, it was what Karina slipped on...I'd have to rewatch it to be sure, but thats what it looked like to me.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

So did he intentionally take off his microphone, or was it accidental?
    Tom mentioned after the dance that he had the mike pack and it was broken, but it had Apolo's name on it, so he was putting it on e-bay. I think the thing broke and then Apolo had to get rid of it--maybe he was afraid it would interfere with a dance move later on or he wanted to get rid of it before it fell off at an inopportune moment on the floor.

FORT Fogey

I hope if she ever has to do a sensual dance, she hides the choppers a little.

She's a performer for sure, but I'm worried Shawn won't be able to submit to "the mood" of dance the way Kelly did tonight, to tell an emotional story...
    She does seem to have that same big smile on her face regardless of the dance. That look doesn't really suit all dances, but so far, they haven't given her anything that doesn't suit her natural bubbliness. At some point, though, I'd think they'd have to do so.
    BTW, KrazeeKy07 and Midol like this.

I am so frustrated with the last two weeks of the show! First I lose Helio (my all-time favorite contestant) partly due to a dress, and now I'm in danger of losing Apolo (my 2nd all-time favorite contestant) to a mic pack incident. If he goes home too, I'll be so upset!

I love Shawn too though, so at least she should survive. I like Melissa as well; it's great to see Tony so happy for a change!

Kelly & Val were impressive, and I love Kelly on GH, but they seriously need to quit with the fake showmance nonsense. It's annoying and comes across as a desperate vote ploy to me, because her longterm boyfriend Heath is sitting right there in the front row every single week, next to the actress who plays Alexis on GH (Kelly's character's mom on the show).

If I'm lucky, Kirstie, Bristol, or Sabrina will go buh-bye tomorrow night. Cannot lie, would love to see Sabrina go before the other two just to see the look on her face. I can't stand her, never could.

FORT Newbie

oops...I'm not referring to the Kelly who is Val's partner....
    I was talking about Kelly Osbourne.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I wish Karina hadn't said anything at all at the end of their dance. I hadn't even noticed she had slipped during their dance. I thought she was emotional because she was so relieved that their routine was done. Then I thought, did she hurt herself? I think if she hadn't said anything about making a mistake, the judges would have thought her routine went as planned and she and Apolo would have gotten higher scores. Granted they weren't the best of the night but they had nothing to apologize for!

I'm kind of surprised a replay wasn't shown during the judging, like they did for Melissa and Tony's little flub.

BTW, when Karina squealed last week on getting hip-hop, I thought she did that because she was looking forward to it. I didn't realize she made that sound because she didn't want hip-hop.
    pika . . .

Problem is, if KARINA hadn't said something, SOMEBODY --- MOST LIKELY CA --- WOULD'VE. CA, ESPECIALLY THIS season, seems like, LOVES to throw ice water on people and nitpick, then let others slide.

Also, I believe one of Karina's hallmarks is being a strong, fabulous dancer. In the time she's been on the show, right now, at least, I don't EVER recall her having flubbed in a dance THAT majorly. Or being in a position where her PARTNER outdanced HER.

And I think she squealed last week about Apolo getting hip hop because she remembered that that was his freestyle, and he ended up winning the whole megillah.

Then, after that, reality hit and she started quaking in her boots about having never choreographed or danced hip hop in her life.

Reality bit, for her.

And HARD.
    KrazeeKy07 likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Finally got a chance to watch, and I was pretty underwhelmed. When they have nights like this, I feel like they should just give everyone 10s just because. I really wish the dances were more balanced together. Some could rely more on entertainment, whereas others really needed the dance element. I still don't get how you dance rock n roll but I didn't watch Bristol, nor will I, but I'm not surprised the judges caved and gave her 8s. I knew Kirstie would wind up at the bottom of the leaderboard this week, just to give Bristol a break. But when Kirstie is gone, then what? Will they really score Bristol as high as Emmitt, Apolo, Sabrina, or Melissa? Sadly, the answer will probably be yes. The judges/producers do it to themselves by feeling like they have to bust out the 8 and 9 paddles early on, and keep people moving on up. Rather than, you know, give them the score they deserve.

Sadly, I feel Kirstie's number is up this week. Entertaining dance, there were mistakes (noticable ones), but I just love her enthusiasm. And I can't even attempt a cartwheel in my 20s (funny story, I thought over the summer maybe I finally could, but still can't, and am still nursing a high ankle sprain as a result). She and Maks are just magic together. I love this side of him. They know they aren't winning, and that their time is coming. But they're giving it all they got while going out with a bang. Treating every week as though it's their last. Being entertaining won't be enough, and Kirstie has tough fanbases to compete with. The only bright side to her leaving before Bristol, is that Bristol will look even worse when she doesn't have a second weak dancer to compare to.

I knew Emmitt would do well with the bolero. I still don't see what the difference is between a bolero and a rumba, but with that dance, only Gilles or Emmitt would have rocked it. He was tops tonight. I can actually buy Cheryl never having done a bolero before, off the show. There's probably a lot of ballroom dances our pros haven't ever even attempted before. I can't remember what season it was, but I remember Derek saying he had to google a dance to know the elements (might have been season 7 and the jitterbug).

Sabrina is just meh to me. I just can't get into her. And I did cringe somewhat at Melissa's jitterbug. I'm glad Tony is happy, I'm glad he has a partner he doesn't need to worry about breaking (or strangling), I'm glad he's got a real shot to show his stuff, and is getting such praise from the judges for his choreography. Must be nice to hear for a change. But I worry if he keeps attempting this tricky stuff with Melissa, we may get another season 8 rib injury moment, or worse, a Kym Johnson AT lift incident where she hurt her neck. I'm with those that would rather see more dancing, less lifts, tricks, gimmicks, and props. I knew Gilles would rock Bollywood. It doesn't matter what dance style that man gets, he can bring sexy to an insurance convention. I'm not sure what the exact elements are to Bollywood, so I just looked to enjoy the dance. And I did. I'm glad he was able to get it. I do wish, however, that Anna got lucky to be with Gilles instead of Peta.

And those boys better watch out for Shawn. I usually don't give Derek much credit for his choreography, but holy crap, that deserved a higher score than the judges could possibly give That dance is one of the best in history. Shawn has grown and improved so much, and I think she got lucky having Derek as a partner. I'm not sure we'd be seeing this with someone else. Speaking of improving-Kelly and Val. I worried for them having contemporary, an unfamiliar dance to the audience and the pros. I was somewhat glad they were going last, as that meant they'd probably get decent scores, and be memorable (for better or worse), to the audience. I liked Kelly well enough her first season, but wasn't a huge fan. Now I am. Her and Val are just That dance deserved one 10 at least. I fully expected Apolo to rock hip hop-he had a hip hop freestyle, and Karina choreographed a fantasic one for Mario Lopez. But that was probably the most overscored dance of the night. He did okay, but something about those 2 is just not meshing for me. It's like they go through the dance and make the chemistry convincing, but once they're done, I feel a gap between them. Karina, I know she was upset, but I thought she was being a bit of a drama queen about it. I think she had high hopes for the dance, obviously, but I think she failed in the choreography. I don't agree, however, that the star should automatically be penalized for something the pro did (within reason).

Predictions for tomorrow:

Hopefully going home, but not likely: Bristol

Most likely going home: Kirstie , bottom 2 might be Bristol or...not sure at this point. Maybe Sabrina or Melissa again? If there's a true shocker, I'm betting Sabrina or Melissa gets it. Last week's bottom 2 placement might give Sabrina a boost.
    chrisg and jucamer like this.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    Derek's incredibly gifted and the show will really miss him when he is gone. And I also get why people think the show greases the wheels for him as well.
    Is he leaving the show? Could he please take Mark with him.
    combatcutie, ness, Moontat and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    Is he leaving the show? Could he please take Mark with him.
    We can beg, plead and pray.

But I don't see that happening.

Spatz is way too focused on catching up to/surpassing his brother from another mother on DWTS.

Derek.

Something COULD happen to change that.

But I seriously doubt it.
    karalott and jucamer like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Not a fanboy of Kelly or her GH character, but she knows how to sell sexy.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Closed Thread