+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: 10/9 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: 10/9 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Yeah, I thought it was funny during the recap show when Bruno commented to Len and Carrie-Ann that Maks looked like an ugly woman. LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Yeah, I thought it was funny during the recap show when Bruno commented to Len and Carrie-Ann that Maks looked like an ugly woman. LMAO!
    Its true... he did. That was one hideous looking man and/or woman.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Val made a prettier girl in his water balloon bra. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I have to admit I feel the same way - the ONLY explanation I can see as to why she would be there other than interference from production is if we split the votes between Carson and Kyle and she slipped through.

I admit Carson would just be there for fun (which is what I want to see) but Kyle would've been a serious contender.

I don't see the charm in Sabrina - sorry, I don't. And I don't even know what season she was in or really who she is - I keep thinking she is the girl who royally screwed up that Mission: Impossible tango.

As far as Helio and Drew leaving - love both of them but the fact they're winners has to be it.

What I don't like is Bristol being there - she can't dance but she's surviving because of the TEA party and politics. She seems like a nice enough woman, but seriously, politics of any side have zero relevance to a silly dance competition to begin with.

Not only that but if she manages to make the final three or win again over much better dancers? - "DWTS" will take such a huge hit it won't be able to recover from it.
    I agree with you about Sabrina. I will not dispute that she is a good dancer. But I just don't feel anything when she dances - she is technically good, but the passion and emotion is missing. Same thing with Bristol, except she's not nearly as good. I don't get any emotion from her at all and I don't enjoy her dances.

Drew and Helio weren't as good as some of the others, but I at least enjoyed watching them dance. I really enjoyed Drew's dance Monday night.

Kristie I do enjoy, but she is not on the same level with many of the others. Gilles, Apolo, Emmitt, Melissa, Shawn and Kelly I really like. Kelly is not as expressive as the rest of them, but I do find great enjoyment watching her with Val. And she is definitely better than the last time she was on. I worried that she would not be able to keep up - and it may catch up with her because of her other job. But for right now, I like that there are 7 dancers left that I really enjoy watching. Even Sabrina I can stomach and appreciate for the technical ability. Bristol - meh. But she is just one person and I can flip channels while she is dancing.

I honestly don't care who wins. I know some people get so wound up in it all. What I hate is the controversy and the game-playing that goes on. Like the people that rig the system - wow, you rigged the system for a silly dance show on TV - how special do you feel now? What really bugs me is that I used to really enjoy this show without all the gimmicks and games. I loved just tuning in each week to see the dancing and see some favorites from year's past. I loved that this show, at least initially, didn't get sucked into the crap that over reality shows have done. Sadly, that is no longer the case. This show goes for the shock value just like so many others. Unfortunately, I think they are doing it to try and bring in the younger viewers who seem to love that stuff. But what has gotten lost in all of that is what truly made this show great and different to begin with. It's sad.

Unfortunately, I think they are doing it to try and bring in the younger viewers who seem to love that stuff. But what has gotten lost in all of that is what truly made this show great and different to begin with. It's sad.
    I don't think really young people are watching this show Katesmom, and they haven't for some time .(if at all) .This wont bring them in( jmho) I don't know why they dont want to keep the viewing audience they have always had happy. It bugs me.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There have been quite a few of them who have had some dance training over the years, but only Mya and Nicole were professional dancers with choreography backgrounds -- Mya even more than Nicole. It was unfair competition.

The main reason that Gilles has become my favorite male contestant ever is that he was without any dance experience at all. He worked in father's bakery in a small town in France from the time he was 8 years old until he graduated from high school. Then he enlisted in the French army where he became a firefighter in stationed in Paris. It was there he was discovered by a photographer and became a model. He is just a naturally gifted dancer who had a great teacher in his season.

If I had my druthers, the pros and celebrities would refuse to compete as long as she whom I will not name is there. Unfortunately, they are all under contract and can't. Perhaps the judges can start calling the "the most shocking non-elimination ever."
    jucamer, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't think really young people are watching this show Katesmom, and they haven't for some time .(if at all) .This wont bring them in( jmho) I don't know why they dont want to keep the viewing audience they have always had happy. It bugs me.
    It's true, younger people are watching The Voice nowadays. The Monday DWTS show usually has the most overall viewers of any show of the night (around 14-15 million lately), but The Voice has almost twice as many 18-49 viewers as DWTS.

Whatever DWTS is doing to try to attract younger viewers, it's not working that well. Even The Bieb didn't create a huge bump for them.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    It's true, younger people are watching The Voice nowadays. The Monday DWTS show usually has the most overall viewers of any show of the night (around 14-15 million lately), but The Voice has almost twice as many 18-49 viewers as DWTS.

Whatever DWTS is doing to try to attract younger viewers, it's not working that well. Even The Bieb didn't create a huge bump for them.
    Did he make any bump for them? I don't think many of his fans knew he was on this show.They do know he is going to be on the X factor, because that has young people on it, and its singing, which is what Biebs does ( sort of)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm just glad he didn't puke onstage when he appeared on Dancing With the Stars. Looking at him and listening to his music already makes me want to puke without having the visual cue of him doing it!

My favorites: Melissa, Apollo, Derek um I mean Shawn, Kelly. Those dances Apollo and Karina and Val and Kelly did were so beautiful and really sexy. Apollo is just so cool and Kelly did that dance the best I have ever seen her dance. She has the acting part down pat. She reminds me of a little Italian Godfather's wife. So cute.I hope someone will notice her and give her some good movie role along those lines. She's really very good. I like her a lot this season but not so much the first time she was on. She has really improved greatly and is impressing me with her dancing and expression. I love seeing Tony so happy. Hope they get to stick around awhile.

+ Reply to Thread