+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: 10/9 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 10/9 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Thanks to the great recaps here, I saved two hours of my life and did something ELSE (rather than watching DWTS) last night. I did watch the last 3 minutes. Did anyone else here notice that when they were all applauding for Helio, Bruno and CA were standing to clap, but Len was sitting down with his head in his hands in an "I can't BELIEVE this" attitude? Of the judges, he is the one (I believe) who takes the judging most seriously, and he must be mortified at the travesty of having Bristol still there while Helio is gone. To be honest, even Mark looked embarrassed standing next to the white queen of smugness as the camera moved down the lines of contestants and pros.

As much as I adore Maks, I'm not loving Kirstie as much this season. I love their friendship and their chemistry, but - silly me - I watch dancing shows to see good dancing. My favorites this year (from that standpoint) are Apolo and Melissa.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Disgusting that two former winners got the boot while Bristol continues to clutter up television time (on an all-stars show, no less) that would have been better served by a real celebrity. What an insult to Helio and Drew.

I hope the stupid producers are happy with their dumb choice to bring Bristol back on a show she had no business being on to begin with. Can't wait until Bristol is one of the last ones standing and see how silly they feel then.

I think they have what they wanted - everyone is talking about this show . Good or bad, they love this. If you take her out of this show( say she went home week one) who would be going home now? Drew and Helio. That's the way I look at it, she wont beat Apollo or Gilles, she is being used and she doesn't even know it. This show is able to say, Helio and Drew left because of Bristol, and it get everyone fired up( well I
    am not) I wont let her . If you look anywhere, this show is mentioned and so is she.I am betting The View brings it up today. LOL
    On the JK show, Drew said everyone loves an underdog, and Helio said everyone tunes in each week to see if she is going home( bingo!) both are right.

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Tilden asked, "By the way, does anyone have any idea what "Broadway" would have meant, had Helio/Chelsie been able to dance it? Seems to me that Broadway dancing styles vary greatly depending on the show in question."

If I am not mistaken, on So You Think You Can Dance Broadway dancing style refers to musical theatre. Therefore, we might hear either a classic from a great Broadway musical or even a more recent splash that the pro has choreographed a dance that would be typical of the kind of dance that would be done to that song on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Sabrina can dance.
    Now I have a question for everyone who has been a long time viewer of this show. Why did so many dislike Nicole Scherzinger during her season because she was a singer/dancer in Pussycat Dolls but like Sabrina who was a singer/dancer for Cheeta girls? Aren't they the same thing? I just don't get it.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I saw bits of it -- I liked how Anna & Chelsie were loose and funny. They heckled Drew & Helio because they were rookies to Kimmel since they've never been eliminated before, whereas Anna & Chelsie have been there countless times already.

And you're right, everyone clammed up when Jimmy brought up Bristol. They recited the lines they were instructed to say and left it at that. Bummer.

Wow, Anna's had a bad run of luck. The last time she was in the finals was Evan Lysacek/S10. Then she and Kurt Warner finished 5th, and it's been early dropouts ever since.
    It IS a bummer because all these other dancers are working hard to perfect their routines, spending all that time and effort, wanting to entertain the audience and viewers and have a good time doing it ... while Bratty Bristol is whining, complaining, and going through the motions, counting on a ridiculous block of voters who don't even watch the show because without them she has NO fan base and no likeability whatsoever. That doesn't even take into account her total lack of skill and ability to improve, which apparently the judges are too whipped to point out.
    Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I think half the problem this season is that people had their favorites going in and that isn't likely to change. There are no 'unknowns' or 'little-knowns' like Kyle, JR, Gilles, and Helio, that come on your screen and light it up and you just fall in love with. We already know these people and most often people will vote for their favorites that they had coming into the competition. Helio's season was an earlier one and I think maybe viewership has dropped off since his season (and Drew's and Joey's) and I also think Julianne had a lot to do with the votes Helio got. I find him charasmatic and charming and I was sad to see him go. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a lot of new viewership so people still like who they liked from before. Back in the earlier seasons there were no Twitter campaigns and FB voting either. I don't blame Bristol for still being there, but I do blame the producers and the judges for not scoring her accordingly. Obviously her 'public' (or her Mom's public) is keeping her safe and the producers knew that would happen going in. They knew it would rattle cages and be watercooler talk and it has certainly worked as they planned. How much shorter would this 22 page thread be if there was no Bristol in the competition? That's what the producers wanted an that's what they got. There was no mistake in bringing her back. They knew exactly what they were doing.
    They sure did.I wish I had read your post before I posted the same thing. You just said it better than I did.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Now I have a question for everyone who has been a long time viewer of this show. Why did so many dislike Nicole Scherzinger during her season because she was a singer/dancer in Pussycat Dolls but like Sabrina who was a singer/dancer for Cheeta girls? Aren't they the same thing? I just don't get it.
    You are right. They didn't like Nicole who was clearly a ringer, but neither did they like Sabrina, hence the "most shocking" elimination ever. Unfortunately, the judges/producers wized up after Sabrina, and made sure Nicole's numbers were over inflated from the start just so she wouldn't see similar results...She had nines her second week if I remember correctly and she was paired up with Derek who has a huge fan base of his own. Potato/Potatoe...Either way, I hate to see things being rigged...and to have Sabrina brought back once again for the sake of redemption...a bot of baloney. I want to see those voting numbers because I just do not trust anything they say and do anymore.
    jucamer, Debb70 and Jaceegirl like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Then there was Mel B, she was ringer as well- girl group, she could dance, she was a ringer. I don't know.If you are enjoying the dancing, what does it matter if any of the three are ringers?? it didn't matter to me. I like Sabrina, & I liked Nichole.I wasn't a fan of Mel B, but many did like her.
    -Andy Rooney-

10/9 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

People liked Sabrina? That's news to me.
    jucamer likes this.

So then if no one really liked Sabrina how was she voted fan favorite or was that a vote by TPTB? I personally voted for Carson

I did like Nicole. I loved her AT. I just didn't understyand why there was so much dislike towards her when there have been previous & future contestants who also had dance backgrounds. What about all of the Boy Band contestants as well.

I just have a feeling that this All Start show was set up so Sabrina wins. I guess that is why I am not that into it this season. I watch for Maks & Val then I switch channels.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread