+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: 10/9 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/9 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    This just occurred to me: if the dancers are unfamiliar with the dances for next week, are the judges any more familiar with them? I mean, do Bruno, CA, and Len really know much of anything about how a proper Bollywood dance should look? If so, is it more of an advantage to have a dance that the judges can't pick apart so easily or is it a disadvantage in that they won't give a high score to something they're not as comfortable with in the first place?

I also think whoever gave T/M the jitterbug wasn't thinking too clearly. They did well with the jive, and the two dances aren't dissimilar.
    No, but Paula might - CA wont be there
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Can I just say how much I love Maks. When Kirstie explained what androgenous meant, and he said "I want to go back to not knowing what it means" ... he is the cutest. And I thought he looked fabulous, I was kinda hoping for a wardrobe malfunction.
    judibug likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Kirstie still in? Goddess will never go down <333

Ugh at Bristol still being in. Two former winners out already.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Maybe not even on the DVR - it's just not right! But really - who is voting for that dumb girl????
    You didn't hear that she has a radio station (her mom's station which is dedicated to voting for her). Bristol does a guest performance each week. Her mom took to Facebook because of what poor Bristol has had to bear and several new sites were started all in the name of voting for Bristol.

If I sound disgusted I am. I belong to a site that is all about DWTS only and people who love the show. I voted every way possile for Helio and many others from the site did as well, but how can anyone win when you are up against something like this. We figured that Helio and Drew would be in trouble. I knew Helio would not win again, but please this is an All Star season. For me it is about dancing. For others it may be for entertainment value. Whatever your reason I can respect that. I just think that Bristol brings neither. Helio was not even my first choice to win this season, but he brought me the biggest smile and gave it his all each week. He provided me with entertainment. For him it was all about having fun and pleasing the audience. Even this show made a big deal about the so called fight. Did you see anyone else have that? No, they were concentrating on what numbers they were going to entertain us with. I am sorry, but just had to vent. I have enjoyed watching this show since the start because I love anything to do with dancing. We have had to put up with a lot with the judges, TPTB - even the music and wardrobe, but for me to see two previous winners go home before someone who has received the lowest scores each week is just wrong. It would not surprise me to see her win the whole thing. Someone mentioned she seemed to be comfortable like she knew she was staying. I believe she has a pretty good idea the number of voters she has behind her. The sad part is when I listened to that radio station even the guy who runs the show said most of the listeners have never watched the show and they are doing this for her and having fun supporting her. I have seen sites where people leave comments and if you say anything negative about Bristol you are considered a hater. I don't hate Bristol. I don't hate anyone When Pam Anderson left the first week she was the lowest scored dancer and should have left. I never saw anyone called a hater when people said she should leave. Don't mean to offend anyone who truly thinks she deserves to stay. All I can say is tonight made me sad.

You mean I have to put up with this smug Brat Bristol Palin another week? Why America why?
    NFL1, karalott, KrazeeKy07 and 1 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I also hope Gilles/Peta can handle Bollywood well, but as for anyone making Bristol look foolish, she needs no help with that. Looking/being foolish is just about the only talent the nasty little thing has. May she trip and fall flat on her "brains."
    Or over Mark's spats and sequined pants next week.

Brother, he'll really be trying to pull off the punk bad boy rocker look even harder next week. I'm just resigned to the fact that Bristol likely isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I guess the backlash that ensues is worth it, as well as knowing this is pretty much it for her in terms of opporunities. Or at least opporunities in shows that I watch.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    This just occurred to me: if the dancers are unfamiliar with the dances for next week, are the judges any more familiar with them? I mean, do Bruno, CA, and Len really know much of anything about how a proper Bollywood dance should look? If so, is it more of an advantage to have a dance that the judges can't pick apart so easily or is it a disadvantage in that they won't give a high score to something they're not as comfortable with in the first place?

I also think whoever gave T/M the jitterbug wasn't thinking too clearly. They did well with the jive, and the two dances aren't dissimilar.
    My guess is the judges probably won't be all the familar with them. I can see why Paula is being brought in next week, and CA will probably be more in her glory, since she was a hip hop dancer. I just hope these aren't styles we'll be seeing again in the future (except the mambo). I don't even know how one dances Broadway or Rock n Roll; Strictly Come Dancing had RnR as a dance style, and I don't think it was as much about the dance as it was about the props and entertainment. The other dances, except Bollywood, have been done before. I don't remember their being a lot of charleston in season 9s dances (again, more theatrics, which is why I think Kirstie is perfectly suited for it-I don't get their reaction at all ). Bolero was danced in season 9, and is just a slower version of the rumba as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather see the lindy hop than jitterbug. So it's some ballroom, some other styles. Either way, I don't think the judges will really know what they're looking for. Which is why some dancers will likely get away with anything, and others who actually have to make the dance work will struggle.

Shawn, Melissa, Apolo, and Emmitt will probably have the easiest time. Kirstie I again think will be a good fit for the charleston. Gilles isn't going anywhere so I'm not worried whether he bombs or not. I'm curious about Sabrina and disco (they did that dance style season 7). I bet we'll see the 10s next week.

FORT Fogey

I know it would never happen, but I wish all the remaining contestants would get together and plan to protest en masse if one of them gets booted next week instead of Bristol. And if the judges gave her the scores she really deserves and critiqued her honestly, then it would be even more obvious that she doesn't belong there. The fact that she survived a double elimination of two former champions shows how phony this show is, and if the judges didn't want to look like fools, surely they would have enough power among the three of them to protest this farce. If she winds up in the top three of an AS show, I don't know how or why anyone would want to watch another season. I sure won't.
    Florimel, TIA__MA, JohnnyK and 1 others like this.

Damn loved seeing Derek and Shawn again.

I did LOL when Bruno said Maks looked like an ugly girl

I can't believe how teeny Kelly is.She is very thin. Still cant stand her though

Drew was upset at the judges. He wanted better scores I guess.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

How are the professional dancers supposed to teach their star a dance if they don't know it themselves? I really hate this stupid twist. If they're going to have to do a dance their pro isn't experienced in teaching, at least let them choose their own dance. That way the ones who do know Contemporary can do that with their star, the ones that know Hip Hop can do it, etc. Work it out ahead of time between the pros and the judges which dance each couple will do and then let the stars and the audience know the picks at the show.

I feel so bad for Drew but honestly, he hasn't been as good this season as he was in his original season. A lot of time has passed and he's gotten stiffer over the years. I take it he hasn't continued with dancing since leaving the show. I think some of the ones who are doing better either were on more recent seasons or they've kept up with some dancing since leaving the show.

I liked Helio ok but I thought he didn't show enough range. He was always doing the Guy Smiley thing with his face and the choreography of his dances was too much the same, where they all blurred into one. I wish he had shown more sides of his personality and done more to make each of his routines unique. Part of the fault for that was on whoever did his choreography but Helio himself could have added more to his performances with different facial expressions or something.

I wish Bristol had gone home but I'll keep hoping her time comes soon. I'll be spitting mad if Apolo comes home before she does!
    Last edited by pikachu; 10-10-2012 at 12:29 AM.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

+ Reply to Thread