Like Tree308Likes

Thread: 10/9 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 10/9 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Sad to see Helio go.
    Dahlia97 and jucamer like this.

And I miss Kyle Massey dance?! Boo!

I thought All-Stars had real potential, but when your favorites from way back when start going home and that HORRIBLE dancer just won't...it gets frustrating. I never wanted to relive the Palin days and now that we are, I just want to scream! Love seeing old faces, but hopefully another all-stars season doesn't happen.

Did I expect Drew & Helio to make it all the way? Heck no...and I truly did expect to see Drew go tonight, but two former champs leaving before Bristol is just nuts to me...just nuts. Oh well, at least both have their own ugly, cheap mirror balls to go home too

And can I just say, whomever gave Apollo hip-hop is CRAZY?!...he is going to kill it and Len better not play the "I hate all that humbug and boogie-woo" crap when it's a style that he is being forced to do!

Is it almost Spring yet? I love seeing all these old amazing faces, but I think I'm ready for a regular, Bristol-free season at this point!
    law638 likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

So Bristol is going to knock out all the former champions. *sweet*

If she gets into the finals or *gasps* wins that gawd awful trophy, It serves those stupid producers right.

*bye bye* ratings.

I would feel bad for Tom, but he is the only sane one on this show!
    fireflyer, KrazeeKy07 and Midol like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    So Bristol is going to knock out all the former champions. *sweet*

If she gets into the finals or *gasps* wins that gawd awful trophy, It serves those stupid producers right.

*bye bye* ratings.

I would feel bad for Tom, but he is the only sane one on this show!
    Ratings are already bad, they were when they announced the AS.

Paula sounds ( on another show) like she has this gig all the time, not just one night. Interesting.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

IF Paula becomes a regular, I see this show going down a steep hill, and fast. The only shred of hope it has is a thin belief in the credibility of the judges, their ability to score a ballroom competition correctly. While most may argue that the current judges don't judge correctly, I feel it's 100% certain that Paula Abdul can't judge a ballroom dance. So it then becomes the Flava Flave of dance shows.
    NFL1 and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Aww it would have been fun to see Maks and Kirstie do R&R!!
    I wanted to smack Sabrina for giving M/K the Charleston, simply because it left Rock and Roll, which likely has no rules about being in hold and might be something Bristol's vaguely familiar with, for M/B. If nothing else, Mark can dance frenetically around Bristol in R&R. He wouldn't have been able to get by with that with the Charleston, and possibly the judges might have had the guts to give them the score they deserved for a change. Even Sabrina looked like she wanted to take back her answer after she blurted it out without consulting with Louis first.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Gilles got Bollywood, Sabrina got disco, Shawn-mambo, Emmitt-bolero, Apolo-hip hop (both Mario Lopez and Apolo had hip hop freestyles), Melissa-jitterbug, Kelly-contemporary, Helio-broadway, Kirstie-charleston, Bristol-Rock n Roll.
    How is Rock-n-Roll a dance style? I remember Len said "he could never give a jitterbug a 10!" so we will see if that holds up.

Some people are going to be pretty limited and some will be able to do of a more freestyle type dance...hmm, doesn't seem too fair, but when has this show ever been fair.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-10-2012 at 11:44 PM.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

Is it my imagination or was there a distinctly less than enthusiastic reaction from the rest of the dancers that Bristol and Mark were safe?

And what was with Mark and Bristol's assumption that Derek and Shawn would be choosing for them? And after she so snarkily announced that they'd give "him" (Gilles) Bollywood, I hope G/P kill that dance and make her look foolish--and that she has a lot more trouble with RR than he does with Bollywood.

I'm also really, really sorry we won't be seeing Helio and Chelsie doing Broadway. I bet that would have been a lot of fun. Certainly more fun than watching Brisdull walk through rock and roll. Anybody have any idea how they even define r&r, since it's a pretty broad music category, unlike disco, hiphop etc. which are more specific.
    NFL1, jucamer and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    IF Paula becomes a regular, I see this show going down a steep hill, and fast. The only shred of hope it has is a thin belief in the credibility of the judges, their ability to score a ballroom competition correctly. While most may argue that the current judges don't judge correctly, I feel it's 100% certain that Paula Abdul can't judge a ballroom dance. So it then becomes the Flava Flave of dance shows.
    I'll take Paula over CA any day!
    And Melisa Rycroft can host.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I think that's why I'm actually enjoying Derek this season. If it's really his last season, he seems to be just going out with style and enjoying himself. So it might be the same for Maks. He knows they aren't going to win this season (hopefully he gets that stupid tacky trophy before he's gone, though), so I can see why they're taking that approach.

And I can just say the amateur singers on The Voice are 1000x better than our singers on DWTS. Can we take the rejects from that show and have them sing on DWTS?
    Heck, the local choir I'm in is 1000x better than the DWTS crew--and we did a whole concert of dance related music last spring.

+ Reply to Thread