Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: 10/8 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/8 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    That was the most enjoyable show ever!

Random thoughts:

Len taking a point off Shawn because she broke hold as Bristol did last week. Really? This show was designed to go over the top and be fun. Why he got pesky with only one is beyond me.

Melissa is an excellent dancer! Not sure why so many don't like her on this board. But I do understand having an aversion to a reality star. If Brad Wolmak were on this show, he could be the best and I would not see it. Cannot stand the guy.

We all read energy if we believe so or not. I am sure Mark was disappointed to get Bristol again. How could he not be?! Certainly she picked up on that. Not showing up for rehearsal and not calling is inexcusable and a clear sign his heart is not in this. He is not handsome enough to shave his head. He must have thinning hair.

Kirsty knows she is out of her league in skill; good for her to go the entertainment route.

It is impossible to guess who will go but I am going to give it a try. Drew and Kelly. If we are talking skill it would be Kirsty and Bristol, but that is not going to happen.

I like Cheryl in short hair better.

Kirsty has beautiful hair but it screams to be tamed.

I love how the dance floor can change patterns from underneath.

I wish the elimination show was only one hour.
    I didn't mind Len being pesky, because he made it clear that he was going to be equally pesky. As long as he maintains the same standards for everyone, his scores will balance each other out, and ultimately, it didn't hurt D/S's overall score this week anyway. I seriously doubt they're in jeopardy this week--and they both admitted they knew they were breaking the rules, were probably going to get dinged for it, and were depending on the audience vote to make up the difference.

I don't care for Mark, but realistically, I can't imagine anyone not being disappointed at getting Bristol, given the caliber of the rest of the dancers. Tristan didn't get a decent shot with Pam either, but other than that, the rest of them got someone with dancing or performing talent or both, and all the rest of them seem to be getting along decently with their partners. I wish they'd gone into why Mark missed a rehearsal. Did he just blow it off or was there some reason he couldn't get there that he couldn't avoid? If he just blew it off, then no, that's not professional, but right after complaining about that, Bristol turned around and walked out on him, and we never got any indication that she came back either. If that's the case, they were both at fault for missing rehearsals. Mark's having to do way more stroking of his partner's ego this season than anyone else. Kirstie, for instance, knows she can't keep up with the rest of the dancers either, but she's decided to deal with it in a more positive way, and she and Maks at least appear to be having fun.

ITA that the elimination needs to be only an hour. I very rarely care about the "entertainment" during that show--I just want to know who's going home. They could cut it to a half an hour, and I'd be fine. As it is, I frequently flip back and forth between it and other shows or just tune in towards the end to see who's in jeopardy.
    karalott and Midol like this.

Who does everyone think is going home? Not who you wish, who you think. I know this is an impossible task because it is about whose fan base trumps another. Just because they won their season does not mean they can make it to the end on this one.
    I have no idea, but I will guess and say Helio and Drew. (Not that they deserve to go home. You know how this show goes.)
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-09-2012 at 12:33 PM.

Who does everyone think is going home? Not who you wish, who you think. I know this is an impossible task because it is about whose fan base trumps another. Just because they won their season does not mean they can make it to the end on this one.

No idea, and you? who do you think will go Shoepie ( btw good post upthread)
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I think Len will be sending Carrie-Ann and Bruno home for annoying him with their foolishness during judging. With Bruno's manic arm gestures and Carrie-Ann kicking up her feet, Len is in a hazardous situation seated between them!

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    OMG!!! What are these people wearing??? Peta? Bristol? I don't even recognize Maks...Is that him or is he injured and someone else is replacing him?
    I didn't recognize Maks neither. NOWAY could a man that hot turn into something so horrible. Everything about his look to his performance I hated! I can't comment on Kirstie as I didn't even see her.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I think Len will be sending Carrie-Ann and Bruno home for annoying him with their foolishness during judging. With Bruno's manic arm gestures and Carrie-Ann kicking up her feet, Len is in a hazardous situation seated between them!
    I love that about them... and then I love Len's reactions!
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I didn't recognize Maks neither. NOWAY could a man that hot turn into something so horrible. Everything about his look to his performance I hated! I can't comment on Kirstie as I didn't even see her.
    I saw his wig. I thought he looked much better then usual.

I didn't bother with their dance - something about her just annoys me, and her hair looks like rats chewed it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I said above Drew and Kelly, then I checked out DI. They are never correct so I don't even know why I bother. Kelly is at the top by a huge margin.

I will change that and say Kirsty and Helio. I adore Kirsty and do not want her to go before Bristol but it is clear, she is not as good as her season and is no where near the skill level. I don't think she is inspiring mad voting this season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I am going to respond to a few posts in this one simply because I don't know how to do one of those mega posts, but I am sorry. I don't mean to disrespect individual posters by not answering individually.

First, piachu, on another site, there is a smiley emoticon where the smiley's arm is beating the ground up and down with mirth. That is the one I would pick for your post if we had such a one in our selection!

I suspect that Len gets outdone at times with the antics of both Bruno and Carrie Ann, but I highly suspect that he has been notified by the producers that he is to allow such antics for the sake of entertainment. Furthermore, considering that Len is the experienced ballroom professional, I very highly suspect that there are times when Len is irked by Carrie Ann and Bruno's scores from a professional point of view, especially when technical aspects flaws have been mentioned, and yet the scores fail to reflect them.

Next, Paula had quite a bit of dance experience although I would suspect little of it dealt with ballroom. That I don't know. If she is fair, not biased, and not too soft, she might be a good judge.

It is still my opinion - and it remains to be seen! - that by hook or by crook (wink) a girl and a guy are going home tonight. Although we possibly could see 2 guys go home, I think the field is too top heavy with talented, popular guys to send home 2 girls regardless of combined scores. I simply think the producers are going to do (pull) whatever (they call "strategic) they have to in order to try to keep the field as level as they possibly can.

Your strongest women dancers - regardless of personal likes and dislikes in my opinion - are Shawn, Melissa, and Sabrina. I think the producers are going to try to keep these three around as long as possible some way to compete against a very strong, popular group of men.
    That leaves the rest of the women vulnerable.

Poor Drew was given that first spot which to me is always a huge drawback. I personally feel that he might have been remembered more and maybe scored a little higher if he had danced further in the line-up. Shawn - on the other hand, would have gotten the same response but may have been slapped harder on the wrist for breaking the rules if she had danced first because they simply could not afford to start the night out letting contestants just do what they want, even if it is Derek.

Back to Drew - his disadvantages to me are that his season was so early in the franchise that (1) like in many other competitions through the years where records have been shattered, what was done on the first couple of seasons pales in comparison to the last seasons - as Apollo told Helio (paraphrased) that if Helio did what Apolo got a "10" for in Season 5, Helio would now get a "5" (2) through no fault of his own, Drew's immense popularity appears to have waned simply because so much time and so many charismatic winners have passed through since Drew's win.

If not tonight it may be very soon for Drew, and the same thing maybe true for the ultra charming, sweet Helio. I think one of them is in danger tonight.
    Shoepie, nanarama and Midol like this.

Who's going home? Oh boy! I think we will probably lose either Drew or Helio, which is sad. I would like to say we will lose Bristol, but I'm not sure how her fans are voting and how her video package helped or hurt her this year. Kristie, I think, has a pretty big fanbase. Isn't there less than 5 points between the top and the bottom of the leaderboard this time? I honestly think this is where we are going to get a good feel for who has the fan votes and who doesn't!
    karalott and Midol like this.

+ Reply to Thread