+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: 10/8 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/8 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post

However, I'm underimpressed about Paula's appearance. What the heck can she offer? I don't want to hear any more feel-good critiques. I'd rather have true helpful constructive critiques from an official ballroom judge. DANCE.
    Paula can offer her patented "seal claps" after each and every performance. LOL

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    She is a part of the thundercat nation. My nickname for the Botox clan lol

I thought Maks looked liked,Freddie Prinze Sr.
    I'd love to see Freddie Prinze jr do the show, and his wife, Sarah Michelle Gellar. You are right that he looked a lot like FP sr, though. Maks was pretty unrecognizable with the wig. Makes me glad he cut his hair during the third season.

Great post, Kara. I agree with everything you said except I thought Melissa was sharper than you did and Drew a little bit weaker. And I am so glad some other people are bringing up Emmitt being underscored compared to some of the other performances because I did not want to be the one to do it but Em put so much into that performance and I think it did deserve a little higher score compared to at least a couple of other performances (or they should have been scored a little lower). And Apolo may have been similarly slighted.
    I've always been a conspiracy theorist with a lot of things on this show, especially the scoring. I have to wonder if Emmitt and Apolo are so far ahead in the fan vote that they could give them 1s and they'd still make it. So maybe that's where the underscoring comes from for them, and the overscoring for other couples comes in. Which is disappointing for me if that's the case with Sabrina. I absolutely love Emmitt, and am betting he'll be in the finals, standing next to Gilles in the final 2. Melissa is an amazing dancer; I am so incredibly happy for Tony. He always has that toothy grin that lights up a room, but I don't think he's stopped smiling since this season started. However, by the end of the night, I totally forget she was even there. Drew's dance did pale in comparision to some of the rest; I think it was his better dance, but nowhere near the strongest of the night. Going first, coupled with stronger and more memorable performances is why I think he's going bye bye tomorrow.

RE: Cheryl. Gilles wanted Cheryl and was vocal about his disappointment getting Peta instead of her. He had said that he wouldn't return if they couldn't dance together (Drew had said similar things through the years). Either they changed their mind or were tricked by producers. Either way, Drew seems down with Anna, and as though he's trying, but he's not. Cheryl doesn't seem to be as enthusiastic with Emmitt as she was her original season, but aside from Gilles, I think he's the next best shot at making the finals for her. Even with Cheryl I don't think Drew would have gotten close. I do feel bad for Anna; as I said, they were a partnership that I was looking forward to with great expectations. Anna seems to be giving it 110%. Drew is doing the dancing, but his personality is gone. However, as some people commented in his thread, maybe he just feels overwhelemed and in over his head. He didn't have the competition like Gilles, Apolo, Sabrina, Melissa, or the popularity factor in Helio and Kirstie. Plus, it's really a different show than when he danced.

RE: Bristol. The only person who could possibly finish lower than Bristol on the judges leaderboard is Kirstie, and I'd say they'd do that as a charitable gimme me. Can you imagine her in a final 6, with 2 dances and a total score of 60, dancing against Shawn, Gilles, Apolo, Emmitt, and Sabrina?
    chrisg likes this.

However, I'm underimpressed about Paula's appearance. What the heck can she offer? I don't want to hear any more feel-good critiques. I'd rather have true helpful constructive critiques from an official ballroom judge. DANCE.
    She is better suited to this, than AI imho
    She has danced, she has been a choreographer. I have seen her work, I have seen nothing that CA has done.I wonder if this is a trial run, and PA will replace CA next season.

Well, the producers could throw us for a loop... eliminate TWO GIRLS. The. Most. Dramatic. Rose. Ceremony. EVER.
    Maybe, I can't say I care who goes home. I doubt it will be the one I am rooting for
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

That was the most enjoyable show ever!

Random thoughts:

Len taking a point off Shawn because she broke hold as Bristol did last week. Really? This show was designed to go over the top and be fun. Why he got pesky with only one is beyond me.

Melissa is an excellent dancer! Not sure why so many don't like her on this board. But I do understand having an aversion to a reality star. If Brad Wolmak were on this show, he could be the best and I would not see it. Cannot stand the guy.

We all read energy if we believe so or not. I am sure Mark was disappointed to get Bristol again. How could he not be?! Certainly she picked up on that. Not showing up for rehearsal and not calling is inexcusable and a clear sign his heart is not in this. He is not handsome enough to shave his head. He must have thinning hair.

Kirsty knows she is out of her league in skill; good for her to go the entertainment route.

It is impossible to guess who will go but I am going to give it a try. Drew and Kelly. If we are talking skill it would be Kirsty and Bristol, but that is not going to happen.

I like Cheryl in short hair better.

Kirsty has beautiful hair but it screams to be tamed.

I love how the dance floor can change patterns from underneath.

I wish the elimination show was only one hour.

The fanbases are all so unpredictable, I actually voted this week. I split my votes between Gilles, Shawn, and Sabrina, mostly as a strategic move against any of the others. I went to DI late last night, and Drew was leading in the raw numbers by a mile. Gilles was second and Bristol was third, and nobody else had anything to speak of. Shawn, Kelly & Sabrina were the only ones with a decent-sized bar in the busy percentages.

If they can't get rid of Bristol in a double elimination after a rehearsal clip shows her and her partner imploding, it's going to be a long, depressing season for me.
    Shoepie and Dahlia97 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Someone please tell me what happened on camera right after Kelly fininished her dance. They were standing there waiting for a comment from the judges, when it looked like Carryanne mouthed something to Kelly. Then there was a picture on the screen that said DWTS for about 3 seconds, then it went back to the judges. What happened. I didn't notice a wardrobe malfunction, but what else could it have been?

I thought she used a profanity, but I could be wrong.
    jucamer and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey

Reality TV is an illusion. Reading a report on what actually goes on behind the scenes of reality TV shows, how the producers manipulate them, and how what we see is really not what we see, will shatter preconceived ideas about this show in particular as well as the other Reality TV shows in general. Those articles can be found, I would think, by googling or going to Ask.com if interested.

My suspicion is and has been for quite a while that DWTS is producer manipulated in several areas, and I don't have to spell it out. We have talked about it on the show and results' threads.

We do all have our own couple preferences, and those "color" the way we view the couples,and everything about them from each person in the couple, their outfits, their individual abilities, as well as their chemistry and finally the couples ' performances. This accounts for why some "can't stand" so and so, and yet someone else loves that person.

I wonder, though, how a new set of judges - cognizant of and upholding the rules and yet expecting creativity as per the instructions - would have judged last night's performances?
    Would there have been some of the same judging biases?

Derek and Shawn reminded me of a miniature Julianne and Derek. In that dance - which looked more like a season winning, awesome freestyle to me - Shawn was more than a match for Derek's ability. In fact, Derek was a match for Shawn's ability!! The dance included floor splits and cheerleader-type jumps with splits high in the air that most men simply do not have the flexibility to pull off. Derek was able to match Shawn's athletic prowess, and they looked like mirror images.
    It really was a splendid routine.....but it was not a quickstep that was what they were supposed to be dancing.

Paula Abdul was a professional dancer she had done choreography for many in the music industry, Janet Jackson, Jlo, etc so she has the dance chops to be a judge more than Carrie Ann
    Florimel and Shoepie like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Who does everyone think is going home? Not who you wish, who you think. I know this is an impossible task because it is about whose fan base trumps another. Just because they won their season does not mean they can make it to the end on this one.

+ Reply to Thread