+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: 10/8 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/8 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

THANK YOU!!!! I love Kirstie, but that hair drives me batty!!! At the very very very least cut the ends straight across so it doesn't look so scraggly. I also loved it darker- I think the color she has now sort-of washes her out. I liked the darker brown color she had when she played Rebecca on Cheers.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

chrisg, I couldn't agree more with your post. I'm finally excited about this season, and I expected tonight's show to be an epic disaster. I'm still not sure of the whole point of the theme, but whatever.

I really wonder how much say the celebs have in picking the dances, or if their was producer meddling involved. If anything, Gilles should be honored that Apolo chose his smokin' foxtrot. Brandy/Maks re-did it during seson 11, and they totally owned it. Gilles even said after the fact he was sorry he didn't give them a 10. I was a little disappointed in his attitude about that.

Onto the celebs: Bristol, Mark, please just go home. And take your spoiled rotten entitled bratty attitudes with you. Just grab your spats and trophies and dance your wannabe Michael Jackson moves Mark, and Bristol, go home to your family where they'll praise you until the sun comes up over Russia. I'd feel sorry for Mark, but he was no better than Bristol. I'm sure he isn't happy with his partnership, but like I figured, they'll blow off the negative. It's sad to say her dance was the best she's done, but no way deserving of 7.5s. I don't even think 5s were appropriate.

Sabrina and Melissa: these two are one in the same for me. They can dance. Sabrina is the best girl by far, and ties with Gilles in terms of dancing ability for me. Melissa would rank in the top 4, dance wise. But by the end of the night, I find them completely forgettable. I think Melissa was once again grossly overscored. I'm pretty surprised that CA would criticize Sabrina, and I figured the 10s would be coming out. But that was a dance only Mel/Maks could master. I just don't think Sabrina is cut out for this show with her overdancing and hip hop moves. However, why do I feel some sort of story arc playing out where the judges miraclously praise Sabrina for finally getting it, and then it's downhill from there (well, downhill from this viewer's prespective. Uphill for Sabrina as she's handed a finals spot by the 3 stooges). Watching these two is like watching an instructional dance video. I wonder if they're desperate for the women to succeed, as the men's side is stacked against them between Emmitt, Gilles, Apolo, and Helio's charming personality.

Kelly: who is she and what did she do with the Kelly from season 1? I don't know and I don't care, but this is not the same girl who had little confidance on the dance floor 7 years ago. I was thrilled for them, and especially Val. I'm glad he's really able to let his choreography finally come out, that he's getting to do dances he wasn't able to do for the last 2 seasons due to early ousters. He's finally making his mark. That paso was all sorts of amazing. Their chemistry is on fire. And here I was worried about these two. Seriously, they need to last for weeks to come. Kelly is the ultimate underdog and definitely most improved from her previous season.

Kirstie: yes, she's the second weakest dancer, but still miles ahead of Bristol. At least she knows she's out of her league and has to work twice as hard. But I think Kirstie needs to come back every season and monitor Maks's rehearsals. At least be in charge of his wardrobe, because dang. Her creative control was giving the Maks fans exactly what they wanted This is the Maks I love. He's having so much fun. They know they don't have a chance of winning, and I worry their days are numbered. But I'll take her entertainment any day over Bristol, Sabrina, or Melissa.

I'm not surprised Derek/Shawn didn't really get penalized for breaking hold during their quickstep. It's Derek after all But the judges pick and chose who gets called out for rule breaking and who doesn't. CA has ignored lifts when she felt like it and called people out for thinking she saw one. It was an entertaining quickstep, rule breaking or not. My second favorite dance of the night. I enjoy Shawn a lot more with Derek than I do with Mark. Something about their chemistry seems more genuine. It does seem brother/sisterly, but unlike Tony/Melissa, it works for them.

Now for the guys: Emmitt and Apolo were totally robbed in the scores. Week 2 for Apolo. I don't know what the judges have against him, but it's why I hate the judges in the first place. They pick and chose who had to work harder and show their true potential and who can get away with barely walking across the floor. firefly, I totally agree with you on his chemistry with Karina vs Julianne. Karina seems thrilled to bits to have Apolo. He seems distant and apprehensive I think. But on the dance floor, he's a wizard.

Drew gave his best performance yet. I think being in the bottom 2 the first week really shook him up. Sadly, this partnership isn't what I was hoping for. I think he's most in danger for leaving tomorrow. But that cha cha was fantastic. I do think going first, however, will make him last in the shuffle.

Helio was overscored for that trip.

I think tomorrow will be a predictable boot (hopefully Bristol, although the 99% who want her gone are not lucky), and Drew, possibly Kirstie (). Then there may be a legitmate surprise boot (hopefully Sabrina), although I still worry for Kelly. Maybe Melissa or Helio. I think Drew is the most in danger.
    fireflyer, TIA__MA, chrisg and 1 others like this.

On a side note, I do love me some Apolo. I don't think his chemistry this season matches his former chemistry with Julianne Hough. In fact, I don't see any chemistry between he & Karina at all...
    I hadn't fireflyer until tonight .They nailed it! I think he has a lovey face.

Val and Kelly did their dance way way better than the original,I still cannot take to her. She always looks so hard.

Melissa and Tony , they still looks like the Osmonds to me. They danced well, just okay for me though
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    chrisg, I couldn't agree more with your post. I'm finally excited about this season, and I expected tonight's show to be an epic disaster. I'm still not sure of the whole point of the theme, but whatever.

I really wonder how much say the celebs have in picking the dances, or if their was producer meddling involved. If anything, Gilles should be honored that Apolo chose his smokin' foxtrot. Brandy/Maks re-did it during seson 11, and they totally owned it. Gilles even said after the fact he was sorry he didn't give them a 10. I was a little disappointed in his attitude about that.

Onto the celebs: Bristol, Mark, please just go home. And take your spoiled rotten entitled bratty attitudes with you. Just grab your spats and trophies and dance your wannabe Michael Jackson moves Mark, and Bristol, go home to your family where they'll praise you until the sun comes up over Russia. I'd feel sorry for Mark, but he was no better than Bristol. I'm sure he isn't happy with his partnership, but like I figured, they'll blow off the negative. It's sad to say her dance was the best she's done, but no way deserving of 7.5s. I don't even think 5s were appropriate.

Sabrina and Melissa: these two are one in the same for me. They can dance. Sabrina is the best girl by far, and ties with Gilles in terms of dancing ability for me. Melissa would rank in the top 4, dance wise. But by the end of the night, I find them completely forgettable. I think Melissa was once again grossly overscored. I'm pretty surprised that CA would criticize Sabrina, and I figured the 10s would be coming out. But that was a dance only Mel/Maks could master. I just don't think Sabrina is cut out for this show with her overdancing and hip hop moves. However, why do I feel some sort of story arc playing out where the judges miraclously praise Sabrina for finally getting it, and then it's downhill from there (well, downhill from this viewer's prespective. Uphill for Sabrina as she's handed a finals spot by the 3 stooges). Watching these two is like watching an instructional dance video. I wonder if they're desperate for the women to succeed, as the men's side is stacked against them between Emmitt, Gilles, Apolo, and Helio's charming personality.

Kelly: who is she and what did she do with the Kelly from season 1? I don't know and I don't care, but this is not the same girl who had little confidance on the dance floor 7 years ago. I was thrilled for them, and especially Val. I'm glad he's really able to let his choreography finally come out, that he's getting to do dances he wasn't able to do for the last 2 seasons due to early ousters. He's finally making his mark. That paso was all sorts of amazing. Their chemistry is on fire. And here I was worried about these two. Seriously, they need to last for weeks to come. Kelly is the ultimate underdog and definitely most improved from her previous season.

Kirstie: yes, she's the second weakest dancer, but still miles ahead of Bristol. At least she knows she's out of her league and has to work twice as hard. But I think Kirstie needs to come back every season and monitor Maks's rehearsals. At least be in charge of his wardrobe, because dang. Her creative control was giving the Maks fans exactly what they wanted This is the Maks I love. He's having so much fun. They know they don't have a chance of winning, and I worry their days are numbered. But I'll take her entertainment any day over Bristol, Sabrina, or Melissa.

I'm not surprised Derek/Shawn didn't really get penalized for breaking hold during their quickstep. It's Derek after all But the judges pick and chose who gets called out for rule breaking and who doesn't. CA has ignored lifts when she felt like it and called people out for thinking she saw one. It was an entertaining quickstep, rule breaking or not. My second favorite dance of the night. I enjoy Shawn a lot more with Derek than I do with Mark. Something about their chemistry seems more genuine. It does seem brother/sisterly, but unlike Tony/Melissa, it works for them.

Now for the guys: Emmitt and Apolo were totally robbed in the scores. Week 2 for Apolo. I don't know what the judges have against him, but it's why I hate the judges in the first place. They pick and chose who had to work harder and show their true potential and who can get away with barely walking across the floor. firefly, I totally agree with you on his chemistry with Karina vs Julianne. Karina seems thrilled to bits to have Apolo. He seems distant and apprehensive I think. But on the dance floor, he's a wizard.

Drew gave his best performance yet. I think being in the bottom 2 the first week really shook him up. Sadly, this partnership isn't what I was hoping for. I think he's most in danger for leaving tomorrow. But that cha cha was fantastic. I do think going first, however, will make him last in the shuffle.

Helio was overscored for that trip.

I think tomorrow will be a predictable boot (hopefully Bristol, although the 99% who want her gone are not lucky), and Drew, possibly Kirstie (). Then there may be a legitmate surprise boot (hopefully Sabrina), although I still worry for Kelly. Maybe Melissa or Helio. I think Drew is the most in danger.
    Great post, Kara. I agree with everything you said except I thought Melissa was sharper than you did and Drew a little bit weaker. And I am so glad some other people are bringing up Emmitt being underscored compared to some of the other performances because I did not want to be the one to do it but Em put so much into that performance and I think it did deserve a little higher score compared to at least a couple of other performances (or they should have been scored a little lower). And Apolo may have been similarly slighted.
    Last edited by chrisg; 10-09-2012 at 12:29 AM.
    karalott likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I thought it was interesting that they were "reinterpreting" dances from seasons past. Let's face it folks- they used the same song and the same style and that was where the similarities ended. They have used the same songs over and over and over during the past 14 seasons and mostly they were used for the same dance styles as well you never heard any judge say "Oh, you danced to the Conga, well you must be trying to reinvent Pete and Mary's Samba from season 4". It was just a gimmick to pit one star against another and to try and do it bigger and better. I thought it was a great show and I enjoyed most of it, but I'm not buying into their logic here.

I also thought it was weird they left Bristol and Mark's pre-show footage where they did. I thought we would come back from commercial break and hear the rest of the story, the make-up moment, whose dance they were doing, and Bristol's creative input....but nope, they just started dancing. It was strange.

I loved Shawn and Derek's dance, but I didn't think the actual quickstep part was all that wonderful. I watched it a second time and looked only at their feet and they just didn't look quite in sync during the footwork- but as CA says- it was awesome, so who cares!

I think Drew may be trouble for going first. He did a great job, but by the end I had completely forgotten about it.

Kelly and Val only had the big cape for special effects and Sabrina and Louis only had the big pink lighted ring, but Sabrina caught heck for not being creative with it and Kelly did not- I wonder why. I'm no big fan of either, but creatively it appears they put in about the same amount of effort, but one gets called out and the other doesn't. If this was anything but DWTS I would think that was odd.
    karalott and fireflyer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Donald had a physique on him that would make strong women weep and die, remember?

Dancing with Donald, vs. Gilles (WHO IS ALSO A HUNK AND A HALF), it's apparent that Gilles is no Donald, in the body makeup area, so I think that's why we notice Peta's kind of mannish frame more, this year.

Both are COMPLETELY sexy and BUILT, yet, COMPLETELY sexy and BUILT in different ways.
    I can't get "into" Peta... she is just too severe (appearance-wise) for me. I love the way she perfectly holds her head in every dance. I think if she would GET RID OF THAT HORRIBLE BANGS-PASTED-HIGH-AND-UP look, she might look more feminine, which would tremendously enhance her partners' performance. Unfortunately, her dominatrix look does nothing to increase how much I believe her partners to be in charge of the dance. When I see her severe hair, I can see that she clearly rules every dance. It sux. I wish she would just TRY to look feminine, for once.

Perhaps if I could see her in a Farah Fawcett 70's -do, I might admire her more. But I'm just plain tired of her being the man in every dance. It really detracts from her partner.
    karalott, Tobi, nanarama and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    (Maks)and Tony both seem really happy this season...and maybe Peta has something to do with Maks being in such good spirits....
    What are you talking about? Is there love in the air between Maks & Peta?

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Maks and Peta are dating, fireflyer.
    fireflyer likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    fire . . . verily, thou shouldst Google.
    TIA__MA likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    ...Emmitt and Cheryl have a chemistry that just can't be touched.
    Really? I don't see that at all. I keep getting the feeling that Cheryl would much rather be dancing with Drew Lachey. She is always cheering heavily for him, and seems to just be 'doing her job' with Emmitt. Also, I think Drew would prefer Cheryl over Anna, also.
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread