+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: 10/8 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/8 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Tonight after Shawn's & Derek's quickstep, one judge said it was the best dance of any season, ever. But earlier in the night, a judge told another pair that their's was the best dance this season. Who was that first couple?
    karalott likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Bristol came in last again? Get her out.
    karalott likes this.

I spent Sabrina's entire dance really worried that her boob was going to fall out of her dress. Seriously, I don't even remember much of the dance, other than her head movement was beautiful, and was her boob still safe....
    karalott, pikachu and TIA__MA like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I spent Sabrina's entire dance really worried that her boob was going to fall out of her dress. Seriously, I don't even remember much of the dance, other than her head movement was beautiful, and was her boob still safe....
    Can you imagine if they called it that way tomorrow night? "Louis and Sabrina's Boob--You're Safe!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Bristol came in last again? Get her out.
    Does anyone really foresee a week when Bristol isn't likely to come in last with the judges, barring a huge mishap with one of the other dancers? No matter how nice they try to be about it, realistically, she is the worst dancer left, both in terms of technique and performance.
    karalott and TIA__MA like this.

Hey Tilden I loved your whole post #203.
    I agree with almost every paragraph, except that I would've liked to see the donkey, and I would like to keep Sabrina around a little longer. Not a Sabrina fan, but I think she's surely a better dancer than Emmett. Emmett seems slightly clunky to me. (non-dancer opinion, of course).

I too am worried about Helio. If he's a quickstep king, I didn't get that impression from his performance tonight. Yes I know he stumbled on the dress, but despite that, his whole dance seemed to cloud the quick foot movement you'd expect a quickstep to highlight. (Actually the dance didn't cloud it, but the huge skirt clouded it.) I think Derek & Shawn (performing Helio's quickstep from a previous season) showed a much sharper version of quickstep than Helio's performance tonight did. Perhaps having the girl in pants during the quickstep was ultra-smart.
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Can you imagine if they called it that way tomorrow night? "Louis and Sabrina's Boob--You're Safe!"
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

Wow, I just finished watching the show and there were so many entertaining performances that I think the whole All-Stars concept really came into it's own tonight. I thought Apollo, Gilles, Emmitt, Kelly, Melissa and Shawn all really took the creative control idea and either ran with it or worked with their pros to come up with something really special. Helio, Drew and Sabrina were kind of middle of the pack, I thought - even though they all danced well - because the performances just did not really stand out like the other six.

And, as much as I love Maks, I think Kirstie and Bristol just so lag behind in a season with so many other stronger performers that they should probably be the two to go -- although Drew or Helio may fall in there since they each have been in the bottom two so far. Drew may also end up being hurt by having gone first with a pretty strong performance, but one that may have been somewhat forgotten by the end of the show when it was followed by so many really impressive performances, I thought.

I would hope Emmitt would be safe after pulling off that epic slide between Cheryl's legs , but I think I'm going to be in seclusion until he is declared safe tomorrow.
    Last edited by chrisg; 10-09-2012 at 12:48 AM.
    karalott likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just saw Bristol and Mark. The music sounded like "Monster Mash" . . . and when I looked at Mark's hat, I spent half the dance trying to remember whether any of the pieces are supposed to be the court jester.

My husband simply said, "Yep, Bristol got back at Mark. She made him look like Jughead."
    karalott, ness, TIA__MA and 1 others like this.

I thought Gilles was way too preachy about not wanting to choose a dance that was previously performed by a current contestant. Other contestants did it, and those performances were just fine without all the Gilles' insinuations. I kinda think there was some ego involved.... i.e. Gilles was worried that he'd probably outperform the original contestant. I wish he had taken a lighter (more positive) viewpoint on the whole thing. Gilles' comment about not choosing a current contestant's dance "out of respect" sounded like he was implying that the other dancers (who chose all-stars' former routines) were being disrespectful.

I don't think anyone's choice was disrespectful. Each person wants to dance something that they loved from the past. Shouldn't be a big deal.

When Apollo chose a former Gilles dance, I thought Apollo's reasoning was entertaining as well as valid. "I chose a Gilles dance because I wanted to channel my inner sexy..."

On a side note, I do love me some Apolo. I don't think his chemistry this season matches his former chemistry with Julianne Hough. In fact, I don't see any chemistry between he & Karina at all... yet. What I need--to really enjoy the season--is a good romance rumor between Apollo and Karina. C'mon kids, lets get some love in the air. If not with Karina, then somebody PLEASE put me in touch with Apolo... I'm game for it
    karalott, KrazeeKy07 and TIA__MA like this.

+ Reply to Thread