+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: 10/8 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/8 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I say send Bristol and Sabrina home!
    Kip, Florimel, Midol and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think Maks looked like Freddie Mercury with that wig?
    Now that you mention it, kinda sorta, YEAH.

He did.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Tonight was totally the best night so far this season!

Lots of enjoyable dances tonight and though I may not have completely agreed with all the scores, I think for the most part, the scores were pretty fair.

Heres to hoping the right two go home tomorrow night...or that "the most shocking elimination ever" becomes the second most shocking elimination ever
    ness, chrisg, jucamer and 1 others like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Yes..they definitely give off more of a bro/sis vibe!

I enjoyed it, but like you said, they lack in the heat department. To be honest, now that I think I back, I really don't know if Tony has ever had real "heat" with any partner...though I can see how that could be a tad difficult given his crop of past partners.
    I don't know. I think he got kind of steamed with Kate. But that's an altogether different kind of heat.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I don't know. I think he got kind of steamed with Kate. But that's an altogether different kind of heat.
    Oh yeah, that was more of steam blowing out of his ears kind of heat...totally different!
    ness likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    That was OK. Just OK. I thought she would pop out of her top but I don't really see how that reinterpreted the original. Sorry...I hate to agree with CA but she is right.
    Didn't she say something to Tom after the dance about having to tug the strap on her dress up three times? I thought as soon as she started dancing that she might be in trouble with that bodice. I can't imagine why, when she was designing the dress, she didn't take into consideration that she could use some support in that area. I mean, what woman wants to worry about a costume malfunction when they're performing?
    Midol likes this.

Maks should wear this wig every time he looks way way better
    fireflyer likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

The phone lines were busy right after the show but I finally got my votes in (for Apollo). I kept track this time and I got 15 busy signals, 11 votes. Thank goodness for the redial button!

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else think Maks looked like Freddie Mercury with that wig?
    Yeah you're right on,... his makeup was something else. Since I'm not much of a max fan, I truly LOVED seeing him transformed into someone else. He didn't really have a great Jagger strut, but it was passable. Overall, a really fun performance.

FORT Fogey

I decided to watch without being on-line simultaneously this week, mostly because I was just tired and partially...I don't know, maybe just for a change.

Unfortunately, I think Bristol's scores kept her close enough to the rest of them to mean she may survive the double elimination. I agree it was her best dance thus far, but that's not saying a lot--and wasn't the paso one of her better dances in her first season too? I'm not sure whether the coverage they gave of her spat with Spats will help or hurt her. It may make people sympathize with her or think she's delusional or wonder if she's really, honestly happy being there. I fall into the third category myself. Everyone else seems to be having a more or less good time in rehearsal. I'm sure they don't enjoy falling down or having trouble learning a particular move, but they seem generally upbeat. She doesn't. I'd also have to disagree with Mark when he said he's only had two dancers of the caliber of Shawn and Sabrina, because he also had Kristy Yamaguchi, with whom he won his first trophy. She wasn't exactly chopped liver either. I wonder if Bristol wasn't also annoyed with Mark saying she wasn't the best dancer this season, but honestly, she has to know that's true, doesn't she? Heck, this season it isn't even an insult, because the cast is overflowing with dancers who won or came in second, sometimes by a hair.

I'm not a Kelly fan, but that paso she did with Val was very good. I have to say I watched Val more than her, but I think the paso tends to favor the man anyway. Another big plus for me with their dance was that the music was a genuine paso tune that did not require anything from the singers but silence. I didn't think it was a wise idea for Sabrina to try Mel's paso. Most of the rest of the dancers chose a dance that was well done but wasn't necessarily the dance most closely associated with a particular dancer, and I think Mel's paso really is the one people think of most readily when they think of her season. I hate to agree with CA, but Sabrina didn't do that much to make it her own, and that dress she chose for herself was a big mistake.

Kirstie isn't the best dancer left either, but she was smart to go a direction she knew most people wouldn't and take a fun dance by someone who was more of a performer than a dancer. That meant she wasn't trying to compete with someone who is a better dancer than she is, she was picking a dance people remembered as being a lot of fun, and she got to do comedy, which she handles well and she knew wasn't something a lot of other contestants would be doing. Unlike Bristol, she seems to understand that she can't necessarily out dance a lot of the people left, so she has to do what she does best and be happy with that. And, again unlike Bristol, she does seem to be pretty happy with her efforts.

I felt sorry for Helio tripping over that dress after having been in the bottom two last week. I fear he may go if Bristol stays, and that really isn't right, because he is a better dancer than she is and he does seem to be having a much better time than she is. Plus, I'd like to see Chelsie hang around more than I'd like to see Mark hang around, as she's had fewer chances with competent dancers than he has, and I'd enjoy seeing what she could do with choreography.

I wish they'd declare a week that was special effects free. I really didn't think the extras added that much to most of he dances, and even when I enjoyed them, they didn't really have that much to do with the actual dance in question. Sometimes they were more or less just there, ala the huge chess pieces in B/M's dance, and other times, as in A/K's dance, I could have enjoyed the dance just as much without them. I actually liked Kelly's idea of just using the big matador's cape and the beginning and nothing else. I'm also happy the poor little donkey didn't have to come on stage, since it wasn't incorporated into the dance in any way (and for a while, I was trying to figure out who could possibly be using a donkey in the actual dance and why) and was not likely to be used to the kind of noise and commotion in the studio, even if it had been used in television and film before.

I'm with Gilles on the "iconic dance" thing. I think it would have been more interesting if they had redone their own favorite dance from their previous season or had been assigned a dance from their previous season to reinterpret, though I guess that would give a definite advantage to couples that are the same as they were in their original seasons. Or maybe not--maybe it would be harder to reinterpret something you've already choreographed. If Bristol survives to next week, I wonder if the person who gets to choose her dance will do the logical thing and try to get her out with a dance she's less likely to manage well or feel sorry for her and not want to be the one who picks on her weaknesses. Really, I think it would be better if everyone just got a dance they'd never done before and let it go at that. Or have the judges assign a dance that they think might be more of a challenge for each dancer as opposed to sticking the cast in that position. I can't imagine why they think it's a good idea to add Paula Abdul as a guest judge either. She just seems like CA 2.0 to me. Can't they get someone who's actually a big time ballroom judge instead?

My choices for double elimination: Bristol and Sabrina. I hate to do that to Louis, but I don't enjoy Sabrina all that much and pretty much everyone's good this season, so it's not like she stands out that much for me. Plus, I guess there's part of me that just wants to watch the show try to deal with her "shocking elimination" again. I fear Helio or Drew may be in trouble, though. Heck, they're packed so close together score wise that almost anyone could be in trouble. I'm trying to just look at this as a non-competitive season for that reason, as more than ever, it's going to depend more on fan bases than dancing ability.

+ Reply to Thread