+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree334Likes

Thread: 10/2 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 10/2 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Kirstie is weaker than no one.

In all seriousness, I am surprised to see Joey leave already. I don't think Bristol will last much longer. Maybe another couple weeks, but that should be it.
    I was surprised to see Joey leave, only because I figured he'd have more of a fanbase to make it. I did think he'd be an early exit, but not the second to leave. Kym looked so disappointed. I remember loving their original partnership, and Kym has always been one of my favorite pros. No matter who she gets as a partner, she always has such a good attitude, and can bring out the best side of them, even if they're the worst dancer.

Based on his dancing, I wasn't too surprised he left. Once Kelly was called in jeopardy, I would have bet money she was leaving. I commented just before they were announced safe that Val seemed to know they were going. Of course, he has yet to make it to week 4. Once Helio and Joey were announced in the bottom 2, I figured it could go either way. When Tom was talking to Helio, I felt like Helio thought he was leaving, based on what he was saying.

The judges seemed particularly harsh to Joey on Monday, more so than other couples. Especially Len. I felt like him reading down the list of everything that was wrong was like a Simon Cowell moment. Joey's level of dance was down, I thought, from his previous season, but he was entertaining this week. I hope Kym gets to last longer next season. Plus, he went out with class and I always love when they thank their partners.
    jucamer likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie
    Bristol was invited to be on the show, despite her lack of 'celebrity' status at the time. I'm sure the TPTB saw a ratings bonanza and booked her for that reason. Unfortunately, she was not very good. It's not Bristol's fault that she was invited and it's not her fault that the voters kept her in long after she should have left. When invited back this season, I'm sure she felt she had something to prove after the disaster of her season and she appears to be in much better shape, less timid, and much improved over her first season. That being said, she is the weakest dancer currently in the competition and it should've been her turn to go home last night. I'm sure she knows this (and it appears Mark does too). I don't blame Bristol for still being there- I blame her voting block, but mostly I blame the judges.....Mark also shouldn't be so blatantly obvious that he doesn't give two hoots about the 'rules' when choreographing. It's like he is saying he knows Bristol isn't going anywhere so it doesn't matter about the rules and he's going to do what he wants anyway. I think it's clear Bristol's 'fans' will keep her in despite her dancing, so it's up to the judges to give her scores that match her abilities. I won't hold my breath.
    Good post, Maybaybie. It is true that it is not Bristol's fault that her voting bloc keeps her in over better dancers. Remember Ty Murray? He wasn't a good dancer either, yet he stayed until the F4. He did gain new fans because of how nice he was and his work ethic and I knew that his fanbase would keep him far into the competition, as they are a VERY loyal bunch. I think he even had to ask his fans to stop voting for him because he knew he shouldn't outlast better dancers.

Only the show knows how many votes are coming in for the contestants. IMHO if Bristol keeps knocking out better dancers, especially former champs it's not going to be pretty. If the ratings continue to drop, something like a double elimination might be thrown in to get the results they want.

Ty was likeable, many people don't think the same of Bristol. People who don't like her/her family will have even more reason to spread their hatred. She's already receiving death threats, which is crazy. Why people get so outraged over a TV show or a person on a TV show doesn't make sense to me. I kinda feel sorry for her for having to put up with this kind of nonsense, but then again she signed up for this willingly.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I think where they went wrong was bringing Bristol back for All Stars. She may have made the finals, but it wasn't because of her dancing. Now, I'm no fan of the girl (at all!) but she's so out of the league compared to everyone else it's not even fair for her, if that makes any sense. They brought back the best of the best (Kirstie might be the exception to that but she did have some really good ballroom dances her season) and then they threw Bristol into the mix. I'm baffled as to why they did that. I can think of at least 10 others who have been a more obvious choice. But what's done is done and really, Mark needs to get his head out of his ass and actually follow the rules of the dances and make things easier for her, not harder.
    I am baffled as well why Bristol was brought back other than because she is considered a controversial figure which doesn't even make sense to me because her mother is the controversial figure. I think if a season is going to be called an All Star season that is what should have been there. Celebrities that have shown us that they are capable of fantastic dancing and I agree I could think of many more that would have been an obvious choice. Bristol was the worst dancer on Monday night and should have gone home based on that. Now I feel the season has turned into a joke. I am not blaming Bristol, but the people that are doing the voting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I am baffled as well why Bristol was brought back other than because she is considered a controversial figure which doesn't even make sense to me because her mother is the controversial figure. I think if a season is going to be called an All Star season that is what should have been there. Celebrities that have shown us that they are capable of fantastic dancing and I agree I could think of many more that would have been an obvious choice. Bristol was the worst dancer on Monday night and should have gone home based on that. Now I feel the season has turned into a joke. I am not blaming Bristol, but the people that are doing the voting.
    I think DWTS and ABC should also shoulder some blame.
    jmho
    Midol likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    Given how many people voted for her last time, and how many appear to be voting for her this time, I think it was a no-brainer to TPTB. Here's the flaw I see in their plan: from what I remember about Bristol's season, people were voting for her that were not watching the show. TPTB have one goal and that is to get people to watch, so they want the contestants that are going to get people to watch. But with Bristol, people were voting for her without watching. So she still gets the crazy votes, but I'm not sure that helped viewership at all. In fact, it may hurt it because of how irritated longtime viewers were the last time she was on and the craziness that resulted.

Re: 9/25 DWTS Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    That Joey Fatone went home before that little twit of a girl and her narcissistic pro is nauseating. Joey was never going to win and was not the best dancer, but he was at the very least entertaining.

Fortunately, Placido and Katherine singing together helped me recover.

"little twit of a girl and her narcissistic pro" Hmmmm.... I just don't know who you mean. *ponders*

Katherine looked great! Sounded beautiful as well.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Given how many people voted for her last time, and how many appear to be voting for her this time, I think it was a no-brainer to TPTB. Here's the flaw I see in their plan: from what I remember about Bristol's season, people were voting for her that were not watching the show. TPTB have one goal and that is to get people to watch, so they want the contestants that are going to get people to watch. But with Bristol, people were voting for her without watching. So she still gets the crazy votes, but I'm not sure that helped viewership at all. In fact, it may hurt it because of how irritated longtime viewers were the last time she was on and the craziness that resulted.

I think this season... being an all-star season... with much better dancers... I don't see Bristol sticking around as long. This season it seems the voters are getting it right. First Pam, second Joey... my hopes for third... another "fair" dancer. Bristol and/or Kirstie????

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I think this season... being an all-star season... with much better dancers... I don't see Bristol sticking around as long. This season it seems the voters are getting it right. First Pam, second Joey... my hopes for third... another "fair" dancer. Bristol and/or Kirstie????

If its a double eviction, maybe we can see Bristol and Kirtsie leave. As long as Gilles and Apolo stay, I don't much care who else goes.
    mesachick likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    If its a double eviction, maybe we can see Bristol and Kirtsie leave. As long as Gilles and Apolo stay, I don't much care who else goes.
    I'll drink to that.... One can only hope. I have never been a big fan of Gilles... but this season I'm liking him. But... if I had to pick Gilles or Apolo... I think I might pick Gilles to stay... only because I love Peta.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

FORT Fogey

I am watching this from my observer position and not attached to who wins or who stays beyond their skill. It is a fan based show and not a serious dance competition. I would love to see better costumes.

+ Reply to Thread