+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree334Likes

Thread: 10/2 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/2 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    As someone posted yesterday - this season is not shaping up to be what I thought it would be. Bristol Palin has something to do with that but most of the others just aren't thrilling me at all.
    I think it has partially to do with the caliber of dance this season. Everyone has experience and most have done well in the past, but, they were dancing against worse performers so they looked better. This season, most of the dancers are better and the weaker ones stick out more ... even if we thought they were really good last time. Joey is a prime example. I loved him last time, but now I can see relative to the others, that he is actually a much weaker dancer. Since he is in the Vegas show, I expected much better from him.

The other things that are bothering me is naturally, the type casting of Bristol (who has no business being on all stars, or on her first season for that matter), simply because they know she will bring contraversy to the show and the shoving of Sabrina and her "most shocking elimination" down our throats. It is as if producers have their own agenda and are trying to rig the show and frankly, I think this is what is turning off their core audience. The stunt casting may bring the crazy for that season (temporary fans), but it alienates the real fans of the show and hurts their numbers in the long run.
    karalott, JunkieGirl, ness and 3 others like this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

I thought Sabrina danced very well tonight .I might start voting for her ( I don't care for Louis) but then I vote for the dancer. Its not her fault they keep saying over and over the worst or most shocking etc etc.. Brooke did say at the start of the night is this going to be another shocking elimination. It wasn't a shock to me.
    Loved the troupe tonight
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that of the remaining contestants, the only ones who never made the final three of their season are Sabrina and Bristol?
    I thought Bristol made final three? I seem to remember screaming through that whole season and then trying to erase it from memory.

OK I had to Google it. Bristol was third behind Kyle Massey and the winner, Jennifer Gray.
    ness likes this.
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    So then, if Bristol and Sabrina aren't the next to go, someone who was at least in the top three of their season is going home instead. No wonder they all look so nervous, especially the winners. I bet nobody wants to be the first former winner to get sent home.

I swear even Gilles, who got nothing but compliments last night and was barely edged out for first place, looked like he was going to pass out. But maybe that was partly the pain from the hamstring pull.
    I stand corrected, Tilden!.

See Midol's Post #211.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I thought Bristol made final three? I seem to remember screaming through that whole season and then trying to erase it from memory.

OK I had to Google it. Bristol was third behind Kyle Massey and the winner, Jennifer Gray.
    Thanks, Midol!

I'd COMPLETELY forgotten that Bristol with her no-dancing self managed to make it all the way to F3 during her season!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden
    Is ABC desperately trying to draw a younger demographic?
    Yes, they are and are losing badly. DWTS audience is skewing older and older every year. The Voice topped DWTS in viewers AND mopped the floor with the coveted 18-49 demo this week. Other than getting Bieber to compete, I don't know how they will ever get younger viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    That's what I read in an interview with Conrad Green. I didn't expect a double elimination so soon, though. But with the election getting closer, maybe specials or debates are the reason? If they have 10 weeks and do a double elimination already, I'm guessing they will have to have a week to not send anyone home.
    I'm hoping they brought the DE in to get Bristol out. If the show keeps losing those who almost won or did win because of Bristol's fanbase, they will be in huge trouble. I suspect Conrad thought Bristol and Sabrina would bring in the ratings, but they failed miserably. *laffs*

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg
    Embarrassing fact: I actually remember loving Living La Vida Loca when that song first came out!
    Nothing embarassing about that! Ricky Martin exploded on to the scene and started a new revolution of Latin artists bringing sexy songs to the music charts. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden
    Is it just my lousy memory or wasn't there an early season, before the troupe, when the regular dancers demonstrated the dances for the next week instead of having a troupe number...
    Yes, they did do that. I still think that Jimmy Kimmel's instructional videos were the best!

I suspect the trainwreck will run over many well liked dancers this season and the results aren't going to be pretty. If the winners of a season are going home and Bristol stays, viewership will drop even more next season. And it will be their own fault.
    karalott likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I just can't seem to get into the show this season.
    Then I was looking forward to Katherine and Placido and his lip synching was absolutely horrible! Can't he sing live if he's trying to hawk his new CD??!!
    Bristol is going to hang in forever, while others keep getting eliminated.
    I would have preferred them bringing back Kyle instead of Sabrina. Not a fan of hers at all. I think she's a good dancer, but I don't think the judges' praise is totally justified.
    I preferred to see the Voice and the New Normal tonight. I flipped over to DWTS, but it's just not must TV for me this season.
    karalott and ness like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    That's too bad that Joey went home. The judges were extremely hard on him for some reason though.
    Maybe they took the "Robot Chicken" parody where he was supposedly confused as a roadie instead of a member of N'Sync - which leads to a lesson in Kung Fu with the late Pat Morita (probably one of his last bits of work - he was playing himself but confused as Mr. Miyagi) and hilarity.

Sad he's eliminated - Joey may not be the best dancer but he has charm. Not surprised Bristol is still in - she could probably just stand there and not be eliminated until enough there's no choice.
    karalott and ness like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I wasn't initially onboard with an AS season at first, but once I heard the cast, thought it would be fantastic. Now, I'm not thinking that so much. A few of the celebs act like they don't want to be there or are going to break down if they go out early. It's a weird vibe in the room, and I have to wonder if there's hard feelings over the partnerships and who got who and people just not meshing with their partners.

The show itself is just getting monotonous. It's the same thing every season anymore. Len always has to say it's the best, most competitive group they've ever had, Tom has some tagline about it being the most competitive and most talked about season ever, Brooke's questions and comments are repetitive, the judges critiques are identical (and you can tell when they're just trying to be nice to someone that they really want to dig into), their actions are tiresome, the dances all blend together, the band is getting worse (hard to believe they were ever any better), the results shows drag on and don't have any interesting segments but the same old stuff about rehearsals, pressure, getting along, sizing up the competition. I thought DWTS would see a huge increase in ratings this season, but ratings are down from last week even. Even factoring in football and the DVR/On Demand crowd, does that really make a huge difference? I think the problem with this season might have been casting so many former winners, or just knowing what to expect with the partnerships and celebs. Kirstie wasn't a train wreck her first season and didn't fail as people expected. Same with Pamela. We've heard every week and every season since it happened that Sabrina is "the most shocking elimination ever!" Emmitt, Apolo, Drew, Helio, Shawn, and Kelly all won. Drew, Shawn, and Apolo are two that I get some sort of distant vibe from-like their body is there but the rest of them is mentally checked out. Gilles seems to feel the pressure to win after coming so close season 8.

As was alrady mentioned earlier in the thread by me and a couple of different posters, I think chaning up the dances and bringing some new ones in might do some good. Get rid of theme weeks and story week and go back to 2 dances a week, the same 2 dance styles, instead of 5 rumbas for one group, a paso for someone else, and then 2 salsa's for the remaining 2. I hate when the judges start in with 'highest score of the season, best dance of the season', when it's only week 2. They're purposely scoring everyone close, and that's why I think Bristol and even Kirstie (as much as I love her and Maks-but I'll be unbiased and say dance wise she's out of her league with everyone else) won't get the scores they always deserve. I do think Kirstie did better than Bristol last night, so since she got 6s, I think Kirstie's scores were fair.

If Bristol continues to advance, I just don't want the judges to belly ache about better dancers going home. If Kirstie were the next to leave even, and Bristol continues to advance, I think the ratings will tank. Next season, I won't be surprised if there's changes, but it'll probably be the wrong changes and make things worse and more grating. I'm still in favor of a shake up at the judges table and getting rid of Brooke Also, does anyone know why they don't use the actual music for the dances? I thought it might have been some sort of copyright issue or whatever, but I've seen other dance shows use the actual recorded songs by the original artists
    nanarama likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Kirstie is weaker than no one.

In all seriousness, I am surprised to see Joey leave already. I don't think Bristol will last much longer. Maybe another couple weeks, but that should be it.

+ Reply to Thread