+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree334Likes

Thread: 10/2 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/2 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    And yet they bring in Pam Anderson and Kirstie who are are( along with Bristol) weaker than those two? something smells
    Sometimes I think all of the reality shows cast a couple of people they know are likely to go first, just so the first elimination won't upset the viewers so much. It doesn't always work, but I could see them thinking that if someone popular goes first, they might lose viewers. In fact, I suspect viewership may be all up and down this season. I have enough people I could be okay with winning, even though my first choice would be Gilles, that I'd probably stick around for a while. But I imagine there may be viewers who are tuning in for one particular dancer that they really like and if that dancer goes, they may not be as committed to watching anymore. In order to keep people around long enough to maybe develop a second or third possible choice as winner, if they don't already have one, they need to have a couple of easily expendable contestants who can go first.

But if Bristol hangs around too much longer, any plan they may have had for her being an early ouster is gone and the whole thing may backfire on them, because I really can't see DWTS wanting her to be the ultimate winner of an AS season--or sending home too many former winners. They've got so many former winners in the cast, it's quite possible that if she doesn't go home soon, one of them may go home instead.
    karalott, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fogey

Am I correct in thinking that of the remaining contestants, the only ones who never made the final three of their season are Sabrina and Bristol?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Vote for the worst are all voting for Bristol.
    Do you think the contestants know about vote for the worst? I kind of hope they don't, because the temptation to check it might be too great for some of them. How embarrassing would it be to find out that you thought you were getting votes because people thought you were good only to find out they were voting for you because they thought you were awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Do you think the contestants know about vote for the worst? I kind of hope they don't, because the temptation to check it might be too great for some of them. How embarrassing would it be to find out that you thought you were getting votes because people thought you were good only to find out they were voting for you because they thought you were awful.
    Yes, I think they have heard of it. Didn't someone tweet about it one year?? maybe that wasn't DWTS, I think it could of been AI( sorry) either way, most of them know about it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Am I correct in thinking that of the remaining contestants, the only ones who never made the final three of their season are Sabrina and Bristol?
    I BELIEVE that's right, yeah.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

With every passing show, I wish more and more that the audience was given a breakdown of how many audience votes were cast for each contestant (I can NOT used the word "dancer"). Of course, then I would want some proof that the number of votes being reported was accurate. I say eliminate the audience votes, have REAL judges, and turn this into a real competition instead of a "show."
    karalott, ness and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    With every passing show, I wish more and more that the audience was given a breakdown of how many audience votes were cast for each contestant (I can NOT used the word "dancer"). Of course, then I would want some proof that the number of votes being reported was accurate. I say eliminate the audience votes, have REAL judges, and turn this into a real competition instead of a "show."
    Either that or they could stop taking the whole thing so seriously. All they win is a silly looking trophy that's probably worth twenty bucks, tops. It's not even like some shows where they at least win money for a worthwhile cause if they win.

Maybe make it more a non-competition show, where they focused on one or two contestants per week learning a dance to perform somewhere--their child's wedding, a charity event, a scene in a film, whatever. Then there isn't any need to vote or have a winner. It's just about learning the dances and performing them as best they can.
    karalott and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I BELIEVE that's right, yeah.
    So then, if Bristol and Sabrina aren't the next to go, someone who was at least in the top three of their season is going home instead. No wonder they all look so nervous, especially the winners. I bet nobody wants to be the first former winner to get sent home.

I swear even Gilles, who got nothing but compliments last night and was barely edged out for first place, looked like he was going to pass out. But maybe that was partly the pain from the hamstring pull.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Sounds reasonable to me, AZ . . .

What I'D like --- and I KNOW this is never going to happen, in THIS world, or any other --- would be for any member of the DWTS TPTB to come here and give us a window into their mindset as regards WHAT THE HELL THEY WERE THINKING when they decided to: 1. Cast an AS season with past winners in the FIRST place, and 2. WHY SOME OF THE DANCERS WITH NOT-SO-SPECTACULAR SKILLS WERE CAST FOR THIS, in the SECOND place? And why they're so limited, so stymied, so uncreative that they keep hyping "THE MOST SHOCKING ELIMINATION, EVER!" Please. If it were THAT shocking, why didn't the world stop turning when it was announced?

Nice to dream, but that'll never happen, I know.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

You know, this would be the perfect time to bring back Carson and give him some kind of backstage duty, like helping the couples design costumes. He's good with interviewing people in the audience too. It's just getting very serious and as Tom pointed out, there's likely to be more booing in the future. Carson might lighten things up some. Not that Tom doesn't do that too, but it may get to the point where Tom could use some help and Brooke isn't going to be of any assistance there. She's good at standing in a dress, and that's about it.
    karalott, ness, KatesMom and 2 others like this.

+ Reply to Thread