+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree334Likes

Thread: 10/2 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/2 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Last week, Bristol was the one who said the first time she did the show, there was an angry backlash. And that she expected that this time. This when being asked what brought them back. She had to have some idea people weren't going to root for her the second time around, which sometimes happens on AS editions (you fall out of love with former fan favorites and learn to love that you disliked before). If Bristol doesn't go out next, TPTB need to drag the season out back and shoot it. It's done. I think even Mark knows what will happen. Bristol seems oblvious, much like Kate Gosselin. It's like she didn't really get what the judges were saying last night, or doesn't get why she'd get called out for breaking the rules. I hope they keep it up. They aren't going to help if they wind up overscoring and overpraising her as the weeks go on. Kirstie may not be the strongest dancer, but she did better than Bristol this week, and Maks stuck to the rules. There's no one left anywhere near as bad as Bristol. I'd say dance wise, Sabrina, Gilles, and Apolo are out in front, with Melissa and Emmitt rounding out the top 5. Shawn isn't really impressing me all that much so far, but I know she's capable. Seeing Kelly's season 1 clip vs what she's like now makes me realize just how much she's improved. I hope she manages to make it a few weeks. Same with Helio. I think Kirstie/Maks have some idea the deck is stacked against them, and their time may be short lived this time around.

The thing about split voting, if it impacts the votes at all, is that whoever is voting for Bristol likely isn't voting for anyone else. After the backlash the show got the first time, I can see why people would want to vote for her just to rile everyone up. The show deserves every negative thing it gets. I hope they regret bringing her back. Kristi Yamaguchi and Mya were passed up, and they wanted to come back. I'm sure they weren't the only ones on the female side passed over.
    Good points!

And they passed up KRISTI for BRISTOL?????????????

Damn.
    BTW likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Omg why is the paling kid still on my tv. I am still trying to figure out why she is considered a star? I guess getting pregnant as a teen out of wedlock is all it takes. I mean really she isn't a good enough dancer to shine the shoes of the dancers left in the show.
    karalott likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

10/2 DWTS Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

I don't hate Bristol but I do think she is the worst dancer this week and it was a toss up between her and Pam last week. I know that the show is more about popularity than dancing though so if she has the fans she deserves to stay.

If the judges would give her appropriate scores it might counteract the fan base. That is something I don't see happening though.
    karalott, annettejt and nanarama like this.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Personally, I didn't take her remark about always getting sixes as something to sympathize with, because it made me feel as if she just doesn't understand, or else want to accept, that there's a distinct difference between how well she's doing and how well the other dancers are doing. She's like that kid in class who thinks she ought to be graded on effort. That may sound like a nice, supportive thing to do...except then what do you do with the kids who put in even more effort and do even better? Don't you have to give them higher grades? And should kids who just happen to be more naturally gifted in a particular area not be given good grades because they didn't have to work as hard to achieve the same, or even better, results? Is that fair to them?

I don't know if it's possible at this point, but somehow someone has to explain to Bristol that she is being "graded" fairly. It's not that the judges don't like her. It's just that her dancing, no matter how much better it is for her personally, still isn't as good as everyone else's. She also needs to be advised that when she's on camera it would be better for her to be gracious about the scores and talk about how much she's gained from the experience, regardless of her scores ala the way Helio and Joey reacted to being in the bottom two tonight. And really, if she could just concentrate on her own personal growth from being on the show as opposed to the scores and be realistic about the fact that she's competing with people who are better than she is and just enjoy being there, she'd probably be a lot happier too.
    Gotcha.

Fair point, well stated!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Just a reminder:

The rules of the forum state that members can insult and voice their opinons about any reality contestant on a show. However, the rules also state that baiting or insulting other members of the forum is strictly prohibited and will earn you an infraction.

To recap: Bristol and any of the other stars are fair game. Fellow members of the forum are NOT.

Thank you. Carry on.

JO
    ness and I'm here like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I just saw Mark with hair! I didn't recognize him( not at all) I didn't see Sabrina's season.

I loved her dance and I think she danced better with Mark than with Louis. I guess we will see.

I also think Drew danced better with Cheryl I bet that's difficult to come back and dance with someone who doesnt know all your quirks and foibles.

Emmitt looks better now , than he did back then.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I just saw Mark with hair! I didn't recognize him( not at all) I didn't see Sabrina's season.I loved her dance and I think she danced better with Mark than with Louis I guess we will see.

I also think Drew danced better with Cheryl I bet that's difficult to come back and dance with someone who doesnt know all your quirks and foibles.

Emmitt looks better now , than he did back then.
    I had seen him with hair before and yet barely recognized him. For a moment, I thought, "Wait, is that Mark?" He really does look better with hair. I wish he'd stop shaving it all off.
    karalott likes this.

FORT Fogey

Bristol has never seemed anything more to me than a petulant dimwitted brat. There has got to be some behind-the-scenes movement to get her votes because she certainly isn't getting them with her dancing skill or winning personality. On another note, the results show was so boring to me that after prying my eyeballs open for most of the hour, I fell asleep during the commercial break right before the final elimination and woke up just in time to see everyone gathered around Joey and Kym. Bristol should have been gone tonight. It was shocking that she was safe when Kelly was in jeopardy. You could see the disbelief on more than a few faces there.
    karalott and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Bristol has never seemed anything more to me than a petulant dimwitted brat. There has got to be some behind-the-scenes movement to get her votes because she certainly isn't getting them with her dancing skill or winning personality. On another note, the results show was so boring to me that after prying my eyeballs open for most of the hour, I fell asleep during the commercial break right before the final elimination and woke up just in time to see everyone gathered around Joey and Kym. Bristol should have been gone tonight. It was shocking that she was safe when Kelly was in jeopardy. You could see the disbelief on more than a few faces there.
    Wonder if Joey's ouster will now get "The Most SHOCKING Elimination EVER!" distinction?
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I had seen him with hair before and yet barely recognized him. For a moment, I thought, "Wait, is that Mark?" He really does look better with hair. I wish he'd stop shaving it all off.
    I agree, he also looked taller( maybe that was the hair) but I seriously didn't recognize him .I know most posters don't like him - but the way Sabrina described their work ethic, and him going over and over their choreography, well that impresses me.He doesn't work any less than the others on DWTS, no matter who his partner is. I have a feeling he would of loved to be paired with her again. jmho
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread