+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree334Likes

Thread: 10/1 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/1 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    Oh and Shawn should have no problem doing this with her past knee injury. As someone who went through that twice, there is no way I could do the gymnastics I used to, but I can still play many sports and have no problem training for various things.
    Thanks for the info, umngirl!

It's always a big help when someone who's been there, done that weighs in. 'Cause, frankly, I was ABSOLUTELY raising eyebrows left, right and center when I heard Shawn was doing this, after bowing out of the Olympics. Even though I know full well that she would NEVER have gotten an insurance clearance to do the show otherwise.

Doesn't make a lick of sense, my thinking on this, but I'll cheerfully plead guilty to that!

I still think that Shawn winning over Gilles robbed Gilles, but Good Luck to her, anyway!

God, knows, I'd rather have her on my screen than Bristol, ANY day of the week!
    karalott likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    I love Apolo. He was definitely my favorite last night. I think he will go quite far and maybe even win this season. Most of the other dances were quite boring to me. I just can't seem to muster any excitement about this season. Maybe it will be better when many of the favorites are gone, but right now it's kinda a snoozefest.

Oh and Shawn should have no problem doing this with her past knee injury. As someone who went through that twice, there is no way I could do the gymnastics I used to, but I can still play many sports and have no problem training for various things.
    I agree with you about the snoozefest. I wasn't impressed with most of the dancers. My three favorites were... Apolo, Gilles and Drew. Though, I was mostly liking Anna's outfit. That girl looked amazing last night. Even my all time favorite let me down. While I knew I wasn't going to like Kirstie... I was less impressed with Maks.
    karalott and ness like this.

I finally watched last night's episode. I'm admittedly not a Sabrina fan, but IMO, she was NOT better that Gilles. He was amazing. He looked as close to a pro as anyone has looked on that show. His kicks and flicks were SO sharp and he had so much personality on the floor. He's such a good performer. It's going to suck if injuries cause him to lose the competition because I think he's the best of the bunch.

I love how, when any of the dancers - pros or stars - are interviewed, they talk about how "all" of the competitors are SO good. I keep imagining them saying "except for one" in their heads!

I'm really impressed with how well Kelly is doing. She had a pretty creaky start in her season and, although she got SO much better, so was never excellent. I think she's doing miles better than she ever did during her season.
    karalott and Shoepie like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I finally watched last night's episode. I'm admittedly not a Sabrina fan, but IMO, she was NOT better that Gilles. He was amazing. He looked as close to a pro as anyone has looked on that show. His kicks and flicks were SO sharp and he had so much personality on the floor. He's such a good performer. It's going to suck if injuries cause him to lose the competition because I think he's the best of the bunch.

I love how, when any of the dancers - pros or stars - are interviewed, they talk about how "all" of the competitors are SO good. I keep imagining them saying "except for one" in their heads!

I'm really impressed with how well Kelly is doing. She had a pretty creaky start in her season and, although she got SO much better, so was never excellent. I think she's doing miles better than she ever did during her season.
    Sadly... so many of them get kicked off because of injury. Gilles was on The Ellen show yesterday and mentioned how he hurt his leg... by trying to do a split.

I really liked Kelly in her season and I agree she is doing miles better this time around. I don't know if its her partner or if she feels like she has something to prove? No matter the reason... I hope she sticks around for awhile.
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Sadly... so many of them get kicked off because of injury. Gilles was on The Ellen show yesterday and mentioned how he hurt his leg... by trying to do a split.

I really liked Kelly in her season and I agree she is doing miles better this time around. I don't know if its her partner or if she feels like she has something to prove? No matter the reason... I hope she sticks around for awhile.
    I loved how Peta said how dumb he was to try it( the splits) just because she could do it.
    As for Kelly, I don't care if she stays or goes. I loved her dress, she looked like candy floss.
    Shoepie and I'm here like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I loved how Peta said how dumb he was to try it( the splits) just because she could do it.
    As for Kelly, I don't care if she stays or goes. I loved her dress, she looked like candy floss.
    It was pretty stupid for him to try the split... especially since he didn't have to do it. She was doing the split.

Everybody IS pretty in pink.

I am suddenly having a panic attack about Emmitt because the Cowboys played last night and Emmitt did not have the strong performance he did the first week. And there is another two hour results show this week? I may need Haagen Dazs to get through this...

I finally saw the other performances and Gilles was amazing even with his injury. I would say this is Gilles' to lose but I am not sure about his fan base and whether some people who do appreciate him may have a more definitive favorite that they are more familiar with like Apolo or Helio or Emmitt -- all of whom have much higher public profiles than he does.

Just my random thoughts for the day. And, if you guys don't see me later, I am in seclusion with my Haagen Dazs rocking back and forth hoping that the Cowboys Nation came through for Emmitt. Have fun!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    I am suddenly having a panic attack about Emmitt because the Cowboys played last night and Emmitt did not have the strong performance he did the first week. And there is another two hour results show this week? I may need Haagen Dazs to get through this...

I finally saw the other performances and Gilles was amazing even with his injury. I would say this is Gilles' to lose but I am not sure about his fan base and whether some people who do appreciate him may have a more definitive favorite that they are more familiar with like Apolo or Helio or Emmitt -- all of whom have much higher public profiles than he does.

Just my random thoughts for the day. And, if you guys don't see me later, I am in seclusion with my Haagen Dazs rocking back and forth hoping that the Cowboys Nation came through for Emmitt. Have fun!
    The first hour is mainly filler. It's just the judges talking about their favorite dances from past seasons. 9-10 is the actual results show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    The first hour is mainly filler. It's just the judges talking about their favorite dances from past seasons. 9-10 is the actual results show.
    Oh, thanks, Crit. I still get Haagen Dazs, though, right?

And great show analysis, I thought you might have abandoned us for TV parts unknown.
    karalott, ness and Allie like this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    Oh, thanks, Crit. I still get Haagen Dazs, though, right?

And great show analysis, I thought you might have abandoned us for TV parts unknown.
    We may need a truck load just to get through 1 hour

At least this week they aren't being sneaky and disguising the recap as part of the results show.
    ness and chrisg like this.

+ Reply to Thread