+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree334Likes

Thread: 10/1 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/1 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by kireelady View Post
    Random Ramblings:

-Gilles wast favorite of the night.
    -The music and singing are so cringe worthy. Ack!
    -I never have and never will understand the Sabrina backlash. It's not like she is the one who keeps mentioning how she left too early. On her original season, I thought she was great and was pretty pissed when she left. I'm glad she got the chance to come back and think it sucks that just because of the big deal DWTS made about her and because the judges give her good marks, people want her to go home. She's a great dancer and should be able to dance her heart out until it's really her time to go.
    -On the other hand, Bristol gets to return and stay around with her terrible dancing because of the Palin voting machine. Not a lot of people seem to be up in arms about that. Strange. Her "slow step" should be enough to get her sent home tonight. One could only hope....
    -I love Emmitt. That is all.
    Gilles is always good. I would have liked to see him dance without the injury.

Totally agree about the music. I don't understand why they just can't get the original music. They still have to pay copy rights for the butchered version.

I think people are just responding to the bashing viewers over the head with the "most shocking elimination EVER!" schtick that ABC is subjecting us and unfortunately, Sabrina becomes a casualty as a result. They are always throwing ABC/Disney stars at us that most people don't know of and then seem to favour them with the scoring. It annoys fans. We are all biased with our own favourites, but there shouldn't be any bias from the show. Also, there have been plenty of early eliminations of good dancers in favour of bad dancers with a rabid fanbase...See Bristol. And I do think lots of people are ticked off that Bristol is even on the show...the first time and even more so this time since this is supposed to be the best of the best. Hopefully we will be rid of her and her mom tonight, but, I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

Emmitt...What can you say? He and Helio just make me .
    chrisg likes this.
    A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. Eleanor Roosevelt

FORT Fogey

I can't help but miss Mario Lopez as a contestant on this AS show. I wonder if he was asked.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I can't help but miss Mario Lopez as a contestant on this AS show. I wonder if he was asked.
    Someone else can comment for sure, but I believe he was (he mentioned it in an interview at one point). I think he was too busy and couldn't make it work.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

If Mark seriously wore spats over cowboy boots, I will say the Sixth Doctor in Doctor Who's multicolored nightmare outfit will never be the worst fashion choice in the world anymore.

And this is when you factor in that the Sixth Doctor wore a patchwork coat, yellow/black trousers, a white shirt with a plaid vest, and green shoes with orange spats.

At least HE knows when spats are appropriate.

As far as the show... all I can say is once Bristol is out, I'll enjoy the show more. I'm sorry, but she was put in there for the political reasonings IMHO.
    karalott, Florimel and Allie like this.

Personally, I think a BIG part of the problem (or at least it feels this way to moi), is that if they were going to do an AS edition, I would've LOVED to have seen NO former champions placed into the mix.

I mean, c'mon . . . The former champions bumped, ground, and stomped their way to the win, once before. They are NOT pro dancers. Let 'em RIP with their ugly-ass Mirrorball Trophies and memories of bruises, sprains and band-aids.

If TPTB had played their game THIS way, it would've opened up the field for a LOT more of our non-winning faves to've shown up.

The show last night just felt, to me, kind of desperate, as well as tired. The only ones --- right now, off the top of my head --- that I felt a warm RELAXED spark from were Helio and Emmitt.

And they REALLY need to drop the: "THEY'RE WORKING EVEN HARDER THIS SEASON BECAUSE THE PERFORMANCE LEVELS ARE SO HIGH THIS TIME AROUND!"

Please.

Drop it.

That has gotten SO old.

Plus, everytime one of The Stooges, Tom, Brooke or the dancers or contestants says it, they don't realize it, but they're just ADDING to the air of desperation and tension that's in the atmosphere, already.

I mean, if you've gotta feel this everytime you watch this show this season, WHY would you bother to keep watching??
    karalott, Shoepie, Midol and 1 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Personally, I think a BIG part of the problem (or at least it feels this way to moi), is that if they were going to do an AS edition, I would've LOVED to have seen NO former champions placed into the mix.

I mean, c'mon . . . The former champions bumped, ground, and stomped their way to the win, once before. They are NOT pro dancers. Let 'em RIP with their ugly-ass Mirrorball Trophies and memories of bruises, sprains and band-aids.

If TPTB had played their game THIS way, it would've opened up the field for a LOT more of our non-winning faves to've shown up.

The show last night just felt, to me, kind of desperate, as well as tired. The only ones --- right now, off the top of my head --- that I felt a warm RELAXED spark from were Helio and Emmitt.

And they REALLY need to drop the: "THEY'RE WORKING EVEN HARDER THIS SEASON BECAUSE THE PERFORMANCE LEVELS ARE SO HIGH THIS TIME AROUND!"

Please.

Drop it.

That has gotten SO old.

Plus, everytime one of The Stooges, Tom, Brooke or the dancers or contestants says it, they don't realize it, but they're just ADDING to the air of desperation and tension that's in the atmosphere, already.

I mean, if you've gotta feel this everytime you watch this show this season, WHY would you bother to keep watching??
    Good post ness
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Re music: They've had a number of "stars" in the past who are music professionals. As long as this is an all star season, why not bring back some of them who might not have had the desire or time to do a whole additional season as dancers to do what they do best? I'd much rather hear Gladys Knight sing, for instance, than what we're getting.

Re costuming: Again, they have the perfect All Star, who was apparently willing to commit to the season: Carson Kressley. Bring him back as a fashion consultant and let him do funny backstage bits with the dancers as he helps them figure out their costuming.

I love Apolo. He was definitely my favorite last night. I think he will go quite far and maybe even win this season. Most of the other dances were quite boring to me. I just can't seem to muster any excitement about this season. Maybe it will be better when many of the favorites are gone, but right now it's kinda a snoozefest.

Oh and Shawn should have no problem doing this with her past knee injury. As someone who went through that twice, there is no way I could do the gymnastics I used to, but I can still play many sports and have no problem training for various things.
    ness and I'm here like this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Quote Originally Posted by umngirl View Post
    I love Apolo. He was definitely my favorite last night. I think he will go quite far and maybe even win this season. Most of the other dances were quite boring to me. I just can't seem to muster any excitement about this season. Maybe it will be better when many of the favorites are gone, but right now it's kinda a snoozefest.

Oh and Shawn should have no problem doing this with her past knee injury. As someone who went through that twice, there is no way I could do the gymnastics I used to, but I can still play many sports and have no problem training for various things.
    I love your avatar, I heard he's the next bachelor

I agree with the rest of your post
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

My Top 5 most enjoyable dances were:

Apolo
    Gilles
    Helio (sorry Emmitt)
    Shawn
    Sabrina

Nobody did a terrible job, including Bristol. She is performing at her level. She did look very pretty last night is about the nicest thing I can say about her.

I did love Kelly's dress. She looked like floating cotton candy.

But those pants that Peta wore were awful, and should be burned. Maybe Helio can run over them a few times with his race car or Apolo can skate over them a few times.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread