+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree334Likes

Thread: 10/1 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/1 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Best for me were Gilles/Peta, by far. Sabrina/Louis were good buy not nearly as good as Gilles or Apolo. I hope the judges favoritism works against her before the season is over.

Worst for me were Bristol and Joey, thouigh Joey was much, much better.

Melissa is an ok dancer, not a great one by any means. Talent is good enough that she should not go home this early, but I'd never vote for her because I can't stand her.

As for Shawn and her bad knees, what she's doing with Derek is far from what's required to do double and triple somersaults with twists and then stick the landing. It's like comparing basic arithmetic to advanced calculus.
    BTW, karalott, Shoepie and 1 others like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Gilles was the best for me too, both technical and entertainment wise. Apolo is also right up there. Both got robbed in the scoring department. Sabrina's may have technically been good, and I'm not surprised Louis of all pros would put together a text book quickstep (especially after last week and getting called out for her over dancing). I have a feeling the judges overscoring and praise are here to stay for her. But while Sabrina is a good dancer (I won't argue there), I find her forgettable. Joey's quick step I didn't think was so horrible but it was far more entertaining. The judges seemed to be pretty harsh to him, especially Len. I didn't think his was the worst of the night, and not any worse than some couples who got better critiques. None of the dances really blew me away tonight, except Gilles, Apolo, and Helio.

I loved Helio when he was with Julianne, but I think I like him even more with Chelsie. They are definitely doing better than I expected, and he might pull an upset and knock some other big favorites out of the way. I don't think he'll make the finals, but I'm thinking he has a decent chance of making the top 4-5. Originally I thought he'd be one of the first to go. He's definitely improved. Kelly is also such a pleasant surprise, and I'm happy for Val. Now here's hoping he can get through these next two weeks. He hasn't made it to the 4 week mark yet.

Bristol will hopefully be going home tomorrow. I'm thinking that Melissa, Drew, and Joey won't be far behind, and maybe throw Kirstie or Kelly in there as well. I thought Derek made a good effort with Shawn on her jive, but all I remember is Derek's dancing. I don't even know if it was a case of overdancing or intentionally outdancing his partner, but I felt like Shawn was overwhelmed and couldn't keep up. Melissa's jive was forgettable. Something is just off with Drew. That band not only ruined Fall Out Boy, but their so-called singing really effects the dances. Gilles had that same song for a jive back in his season, and while it wasn't as bad as tonight, the band of course butchered it. Nice to see they can stay consistant. Emmitt had a luckluster night, although I can't resist the smile and charm. He'll no doubt do better in the coming weeks. I can't wait for him to get another latin dance where he can shake his hips and boogie all over the floor like week.
    chrisg likes this.

OK....this is going to sound mean, but I just have to say it. Has anyone ever told Necklace Head that she looks ridiculous?!! There...I feel better. Seriously, everytime they get announced as the "greatest live band and singers on TV" and the camera goes to a close-up of her, I cringe. Where is Tim Gunn when you need him? Tim, we need a make-over- STAT!
    nanarama and AZChristian like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Two thoughts about Bristol and Mark:

- I wonder how much time he spent trying to fit spats over his cowboy boots.

- If - as he said during the interview - for them it's all about Bristol having a good time (so he doesn't have to choreograph to the formal rules everyone is supposed to follow), why doesn't he just take her out on a date to a country/western bar and not inflict either of them on the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Y'know . . .

Tonight, this show kinda felt to me like a sad, little abandoned balloon lying on the ground, leaking its last bit of air away.

Same here ness. They all seem to be trying too hard and over dancing. Its not enjoyable to watch. Even Gilles (who I really like, ) was very showy , it was less dancing - more antics .I almost think, he thinks, he has won this. If that is the case, maybe they could let two go each week

Take Kelly and Val ( please) , we all know she has a chest, can we please move on? the thing with the balloons, childish and not funny.I cannot take to her, even though she looked pretty. Something about her I don't like.

Its not must see TV that's for sure, the football game was more interesting last night.The judges fake joking , what is that about?
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 10-02-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Random thoughts:

They need designers with a modern/hip perspective to bring these cosutumes into 2012. The designers on SYTYCD are phenominal. And that goes for the hair stylists, as well.

Production and the network want props and breaks in the traditonal dances because this is an entertainment show not professional dance competition. So, Len, with due respect shut up! Carrie Anne, you can shut up too.

Kirsty at 61 looks good. I adore this woman but she is way out of her league this season though thinner. Yes, it is true she is.

I like Melissa; she is an excellent dancer. She deserved higher scores. Or maybe Tony is not clicking with better choregraphy. She has the ability to do what she is given.

All of them shined brightly in their seasons because the competition was not as tough. It is interesting to see how someone we thought fabulous is now near the bottom of this pack.

In danger: Bristol, Joey, Drew and Kirsty. I don't see Joey or Drew having enough of a voting block to outlast Bristol, unfortunately.

Shawn and Sabrina are in direct competition. I have no clue, at this point, who will outlast the other.
    karalott and jucamer like this.

Shawn and Sabrina are in direct competition. I have no clue, at this point, who will outlast the other.
    Given her footwork last night, I would say Sabrina. As much as I adore Derek, I just don't care for Shawn. I am not sure how she won her season
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think for me the best dance went to Apolo. Gilles was up there and so was Helio. Could this be an all men finale showdown? Gilles did dance well, but you could tell he was hurting, there was no pleasure on his face during that dance at all hehe. Hope he heals up soon, hamstring injuries are near impossible to heal while you are still working them as hard as he is with the dancing. I am thinking Bristol is out this week, although I think she is definitely most improved overall. Joey will stay simply because he had the best dance entertainment wise. Drew still isn't as good as he was his first season. Someone asked how old Kirstie is - she's 61. She does seem out of shape too, but she brings lots of fun to the show, which is part of lasting awhile.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

10/1 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Random Ramblings:

-Gilles wast favorite of the night.
    -The music and singing are so cringe worthy. Ack!
    -I never have and never will understand the Sabrina backlash. It's not like she is the one who keeps mentioning how she left too early. On her original season, I thought she was great and was pretty pissed when she left. I'm glad she got the chance to come back and think it sucks that just because of the big deal DWTS made about her and because the judges give her good marks, people want her to go home. She's a great dancer and should be able to dance her heart out until it's really her time to go.
    -On the other hand, Bristol gets to return and stay around with her terrible dancing because of the Palin voting machine. Not a lot of people seem to be up in arms about that. Strange. Her "slow step" should be enough to get her sent home tonight. One could only hope....
    -I love Emmitt. That is all.
    BTW, Shoepie, Allie and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Who chooses the music? Some of the choices are terrible!
    BTW likes this.

+ Reply to Thread