+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree334Likes

Thread: 10/1 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 10/1 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Better than last week, but I hate when they make them do the jive to a rock song!
    ness likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    OOOoooh.

Love D&A, but something was not right with that one.
    It doesn't seem like there was much to the routine. I thought Drew did a decent job. But I don't feel like he and Anna have the chemistry I was hoping for. Something was off, but better than last week. I think being in the bottom 2 woke him up at least.
    BTW and ness like this.

FORT Fogey

Me, either.

Was she chanelling dear Edyta, d'ya think?
    I think Edyta wore even less than that sometimes. But then, I thought that sometimes it appeared that Edyta's costumes had about the same amount of material in them as the average Kleenex.
    karalott and ness like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    It may not have been, but it still ticks me off that people who play certain sports always are the ones to make that kind of jokes, while other kinds of athletes who work just as hard in their own sports don't make them. It's the whole "some sports are macho and others aren't" general mindset that bugs me. Would Apollo never make it as a pro football player? Of course not. But I am equally certain that Emmitt would suck at short track and find it infinitely harder for him that football (and quite dangerous in its own way).
    Well, maybe those guys should make jokes like that, there certainly isn't anything precluding them from doing it and I am pretty sure Emmitt would take it totally in stride and find it equally hilarious because he truly is that kind of guy.

And Emmitt is a great athlete based largely upon sheer will who was told over and over that he would never make it the NFL and then, not only made it, he became it's leading rusher of all time -- so I would not definitively say that Emmitt Smith would suck at anything he would try to take on.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    It doesn't seem like there was much to the routine. I thought Drew did a decent job. But I don't feel like he and Anna have the chemistry I was hoping for. Something was off, but better than last week. I think being in the bottom 2 woke him up at least.
    I think you're onto something here. Lack of chemistry. For me, Anna, is lacking in chemistry with a lot of her partners. Maybe it's a lack of chemistry in her because he seems like a guy who could have chemistry with the right female partner.

The costumes tonight are not as good to me. I hope it's just the bad music choices that are influencing the bad costumes.

FORT Fogey

Listening to the music this week is making me long for another classical music night, just so I wouldn't have to listen to the house band/singers.

I still think they should have a Big Band night with a genuinely fine big band. Get someone like Harry Connick Jr. to "host" it, so to speak (don't get rid of Tom by any means...but if Brooke took a week off, I'd be fine with that).
    Midol likes this.

Scores: 7.5/7.5/7.5

Respectable, for what they put out.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Listening to the music this week is making me long for another classical music night, just so I wouldn't have to listen to the house band/singers.

I still think they should have a Big Band night with a genuinely fine big band. Get someone like Harry Connick Jr. to "host" it, so to speak (don't get rid of Tom by any means...but if Brooke took a week off, I'd be fine with that).
    Let's give her more than a week

Big Band would be fun! As long as they don't let their singers anywhere near the mic. And classical night needs to be like season 12 classical night.

Respectable, for what they put out.
    I know they only got a 1.5 points higher than Kirstie, but I didn't think it was any better. Oh well.

+ Reply to Thread