+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree336Likes

Thread: 9/25 DWTS Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 9/25 DWTS Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    So she gets one more week.Pam meant nothing to anyone on this board did she? I dont get what the big deal is. Tristan did, poor Trist, blame the show!

Mikesgirl- how happy are you?
    I'm happy I think Bristol has a lot of potential, people need to look past politics (which have ntohing to do with this show) and give her a chance
    sunshine3331 likes this.

I am only going to say this once because, unlike the Palin family, I do not thrive on division but I certainly do not have to like someone like Bristol Palin who has repeatedly displayed homophobic attitudes and I have every right to refuse to be tolerant of intolerant people -- and I will always claim that right but never throw the first stone.

And – as far as I am concerned - gay rights is not a political issue, it is a civil rights and human rights issue, things I have observed Bristol Palin to show precious little respect for over the past couple of years.

As for Bristol Palin’s dancing, it sucks, and if it were not for the division she engenders she never would have been cast on this show on the first place much less the All-Stars which is hardly a place to show potential -- something I see precious little of when it comes to her dancing or her character.

And now I’d like to get back to why I am psyched about this show, to see Emmitt Smith and Gilles Marini dance.
    Last edited by waywyrd; 09-28-2012 at 06:36 PM.
    Florimel, ness, MFWalkoff and 3 others like this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama
    The "All-Stars" did seem like a good idea at first, but after the "Stars" were cast, I found my self less excited about seeing people who had already won going up against people like Pam and Bristol. Also, when Sabrina was cast, I knew the "fix" was in.
    I agree with you. I really didn't want former winners going up against runners-up. Let those who got "oh so close" have a chance to win.

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama
    You can also place me as one of the few who isn't made all gooey inside by Giles - he just doesn't do it for me
    Gilles doesn't do it for me either. Don't know why, as I usually like men with brown hair/eyes. I do find him to be sophisticated and suave while he dances and he always nails the character of the dance. He does have that quality that I love about this show~~take someone out of their comfort zone and turn them into a dancer. As we heard Tuesday night, he's never danced a day in his life. lol
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    I'm happy I think Bristol has a lot of potential, people need to look past politics (which have ntohing to do with this show) and give her a chance
    I knew you would be. Lets see what she does next week.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgirl83 View Post
    While I do dislike her family's politics quite intensely, I can completely disregard that and dislike her on her own sullen, whiny, narrow-minded merits. Plus, not a good dancer so no fun to watch.

Gotta admit though, that I am not at all happy that the director keeps focusing on her moronic harpy of a mother in the audience. Not happy at all.
    Last edited by Rattus; 09-29-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    waywyrd, Florimel, chrisg and 3 others like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I'm worried about Kirstie. She may just disappear, not by being eliminated, but physically. Since she is a size 6 now, in a few more weeks she will be non-existent.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    I'm worried about Kirstie. She may just disappear, not by being eliminated, but physically. Since she is a size 6 now, in a few more weeks she will be non-existent.
    The good thing about Kirstie being a 6 is that I'm now a 4. LOL.
    chrisg, elleprn and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    The good thing about Kirstie being a 6 is that I'm now a 4. LOL.
    I think you're selling yourself short, AC. Claim size 2 or 0!
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

FORT Fogey

You know, a while back, I read a very interesting article about how the upscale, fancy stores a lot of celebrities shop in size their clothing much more generously than the standard department stores the rest of us shop in. I know for years I'd reacted to some stars saying they were a size six (or whatever) with much skepticism, especially if the woman in question was especially well-endowed, because you just can't get that much chest into a standard size six, no matter how skinny you are elsewhere--you'd have to go up a size and then tailor everything else back in.

So, some stars may have clothes that say size six. That doesn't mean they're the size six the rest of us see when we go shopping at Kohl's or J.C. Penney's. I know I've noticed myself that even the better brands in store's like Macy's tend to run at least a little larger than the rest of the clothes in the same store.

All that being said, I do think Kirstie may have put back on some of the weight she lost during/after DWTS last time. I don't think she's as big as she was going in to DWTS last time though (and it may just be the clothes she's been wearing in rehearsals, where she's clearly dressing for comfort, not style, and I can't fault her for that, as I don't much care what I look like when I work out either, and that's essentially what she's doing in rehearsals).
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    If she is a 6, I must be a size 2.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread