+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree357Likes

Thread: 9/24 DWTS All Stars: Premiere **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/24 DWTS All Stars: Premiere **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I was wondering why Brooke didn't join the all-star season as she won her season. I suppose she didn't want the chance of Bristol stealing her role then. It certainly doesn't come natural for Brooke to be a host.... she sounds like a robot.
    It wouldn't surprise me if she was offered the chance and opted to remain as hostess instead. I'm sure the hostessing gig pays well, it doesn't require nearly the time commitment all that practicing would, and honestly, I wouldn't see her going that far in an AS round, unless she were paired with Derek again, and his popularity got them through. There are any number of people this season who dance as well as she does and who are more charismatic performers too. Or maybe the show didn't want to risk her going out early, since they seem inexplicably committed to her remaining as a commentator, even though all she really does is stand around in a variety of evening gowns, asking the exact same questions of everyone.
    I'm here likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    Yeah, that & maybe also she's trying to push herself out of her comfort zone... WAYYYYY out of it! I admire her guts for going out there & TRYING, even though it obviously scares her & she knows she's going to be loudly disparaged by a lot of people!
    Somehow I think any number of people in any season, including this one, are probably outside their comfort zone in terms of dancing being quite different from what they normally do. They've also admitted to being afraid they'll screw up, especially now that they're considered all-stars and people are expecting more from them. And a lot of them probably have to try/work very hard to get to the performance level they've gotten to so far. The problem with Bristol is that she may be doing all that too, but she's still nowhere near the dancer/performer that a lot of those contestants are. I just don't think "trying" and being outside one's comfort zone is enough to warrant being in an AS season. I think you should have to be one of the previous contestants who were really memorably good dancers too, and a lot of people who aren't there this season were better and more memorable dancers than Bristol is/was.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Somehow I think any number of people in any season, including this one, are probably outside their comfort zone in terms of dancing being quite different from what they normally do. They've also admitted to being afraid they'll screw up, especially now that they're considered all-stars and people are expecting more from them. And a lot of them probably have to try/work very hard to get to the performance level they've gotten to so far. The problem with Bristol is that she may be doing all that too, but she's still nowhere near the dancer/performer that a lot of those contestants are. I just don't think "trying" and being outside one's comfort zone is enough to warrant being in an AS season. I think you should have to be one of the previous contestants who were really memorably good dancers too, and a lot of people who aren't there this season were better and more memorable dancers than Bristol is/was.[/QUOTE]
    I do know what you are saying. But how do we know, that people , that are not on this forum didn't enjoy Bristol on her season. I grew to enjoy her, I thought she tried very hard . Is she an AS, well no, but I don't think two or three others are AS either . Its so odd that so many talk about her, and yet she isn't memorable. I don't think she will win, I don't think she will be here very long. But I dont think she is wrecking DWTS right now. I actually do think someone else is, because she thought so little of this show she didn't learn, she ticked off her partner and she simply didn't show up. Bristol OTOH did.
    sunshine3331 and zookeepertx like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It wouldn't surprise me if she was offered the chance and opted to remain as hostess instead. I'm sure the hostessing gig pays well, it doesn't require nearly the time commitment all that practicing would, and honestly, I wouldn't see her going that far in an AS round, unless she were paired with Derek again, and his popularity got them through. There are any number of people this season who dance as well as she does and who are more charismatic performers too. Or maybe the show didn't want to risk her going out early, since they seem inexplicably committed to her remaining as a commentator, even though all she really does is stand around in a variety of evening gowns, asking the exact same questions of everyone.

Nah I think she's like Ted Baxter - never taking a vacation because he knew whoever they brought in would be better and he'd be replaced.
    judibug and zookeepertx like this.

FORT Fan

Person that I'm rooting for because she reminds me of myself and because I want to see as much as possible of Maks on his last season: Kirstie
    Person who has no business being on any TV show, let alone an All Stars show: Bristol
    Person who wore the most ridiculous costume last night: Derek (WTH was that?)
    Person who mugs too much for the camera and needs to chill: Joey
    Person who mugs too much while he dances and needs to get off my TV: Mark
    Person who got the short end of the stick: Tristan
    Person who seems lost but I hope she sticks around: Kelly
    Person who should go home in the first 5 rounds, because I'm mean that way: Cheetah girl
    Person who could benefit from some really high heels: Shawn (well, and Drew)
    Person who has the worst partner: Tom

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

From what I understand about Brooke, she wanted to do the AS show, but wasn't asked. However, since former celebs are returning during the results show to perform specifically for that, we may see Brooke shake her groove thing again. Me, personally, that'll be like any other commercial break (just like with half the performers they get on here). Already know I'll be getting up during Bieber tonight.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I can't imagine Melissa Rycroft having a fan base.
    I think she does from her stint on The Bachelor. I like her and voted for her last night. She is an excellent dancer.
    Need40winks likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I do know what you are saying. But how do we know, that people , that are not on this forum didn't enjoy Bristol on her season. I grew to enjoy her, I thought she tried very hard . Is she an AS, well no, but I don't think two or three others are AS either . Its so odd that so many talk about her, and yet she isn't memorable. I don't think she will win, I don't think she will be here very long. But I dont think she is wrecking DWTS right now. I actually do think someone else is, because she thought so little of this show she didn't learn, she ticked off her partner and she simply didn't show up. Bristol OTOH did.
    But, see, that's the issue, at least for me--even someone like you, who grew to enjoy her, doesn't necessarily see her as an all-star (and I agree that not everyone else in the cast necessarily qualifies as one either, but the question was raised about Bristol, so that's why I responded as I did). As for her being memorable because people talked about her, I guess I should have chosen my adjective more carefully. You can be memorable without being good. For instance, for me, Marie Osmond's doll dance was definitely memorable but certainly not in a good way. If I could wipe it permanently from my mind, I would. People also talked a lot about that dance, but again, not because it was good.

Lots of people show up, work hard, and learn. Of those who do, in this cast, Bristol just doesn't cut it. She isn't an all-star, and I fear she was asked to be one just for the shock factor and because DWTS knew doing so would get people all riled up. Why do that? Why not ask back people who were better dancers and weren't the subject of so much controversy, so viewers can just have a good time. Last night flew by much more quickly than most opening nights because the majority of contestants were good and weren't overtly controversial.
    Midol likes this.

But, see, that's the issue, at least for me--even someone like you, who grew to enjoy her, doesn't necessarily see her as an all-star (and I agree that not everyone else in the cast necessarily qualifies as one either, but the question was raised about Bristol, so that's why I responded as I did). As for her being memorable because people talked about her, I guess I should have chosen my adjective more carefully. You can be memorable without being good. For instance, for me, Marie Osmond's doll dance was definitely memorable but certainly not in a good way. If I could wipe it permanently from my mind, I would. People also talked a lot about that dance, but again, not because it was good.

Lots of people show up, work hard, and learn. Of those who do, in this cast, Bristol just doesn't cut it. She isn't an all-star, and I fear she was asked to be one just for the shock factor and because DWTS knew doing so would get people all riled up. Why do that? Why not ask back people who were better dancers and weren't the subject of so much controversy, so viewers can just have a good time. Last night flew by much more quickly than most opening nights because the majority of contestants were good and weren't overtly controversial.
    I dont have the answers Tilden. I guess ABC *thinks* they know what they are doing.I certainly dont get riled up over anyone on this show.I thought Bristol showed up. I thought Pam did not show up.She left earlier in her season, and I dont recall her doing anything recently on TV or anywhere else. Perhaps they didn't have that many that wanted to return. The show seemed rushed last night, very similar to SYTYCD felt at times. I guess whoever we don't enjoy, or don't care to watch, we can FF, or just not bother with the show Really it's like any other show .A reality show that is about 'sort of' stars that dance, some better than others.
    zookeepertx likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Somehow I think any number of people in any season, including this one, are probably outside their comfort zone in terms of dancing being quite different from what they normally do. They've also admitted to being afraid they'll screw up, especially now that they're considered all-stars and people are expecting more from them. And a lot of them probably have to try/work very hard to get to the performance level they've gotten to so far. The problem with Bristol is that she may be doing all that too, but she's still nowhere near the dancer/performer that a lot of those contestants are. I just don't think "trying" and being outside one's comfort zone is enough to warrant being in an AS season. I think you should have to be one of the previous contestants who were really memorably good dancers too, and a lot of people who aren't there this season were better and more memorable dancers than Bristol is/was.
    I agree with what you're saying here & I do think there are a number of other previous contestants that could have taken her spot. However, I don't think she deserves to be ripped to shreds; after all, she was asked to come back, she didn't force her way onto the show! I really respected the courage it took in her previous season for her to keep trying week after week when it was obviously so difficult for her to do. And I was very happy for the improvement she had through that season. I'm actually happy she's back this time, now that I see how much more relaxed & (closer to) comfortable she is! I'm proud for her; she's much stronger than I am. (I couldn't even walk out on that stage; I'd be in the back barfing my guts up, LOL!)
    Shoepie, YorkieMom and annettejt like this.

+ Reply to Thread