+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 39 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree357Likes

Thread: 9/24 DWTS All Stars: Premiere **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/24 DWTS All Stars: Premiere **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    What did Pam do to her face? I know we said what Bristol had done. But I was rewinding and Pam has a perma scowl That's botox for sure ( ugh) .I think Sabrina is spitfire but Louis seems to be tired, not keen on his choreographer

ness or midol I finally heard what CA said to Tom. What a snark she is! sheesh

I also thought that Chelsea looked absolutely lovely

I don't get the marking - What difference will that make
    Yeah. CA IS a snark.

I made sure to play that back so I could try to get it straight..

The way I saw what happened was:

CA started her crit, then, the way her voice went down, it sounded as though she had ENDED what she had to say. Tom, trying to move the show along, obviously, because that is his job, turned to Kym and Joey and indicated they should go on up. The camera cut to CA waving to try to tell Tom she'd not finished, but his attention was across the floor and he missed that.

Then, when scoring time came, she made that juvenile, CHILDISH crack about giving her score NOW, because Tom had cut her critique off and maybe she'd get to finish that later on. At that point, I STILL don't think Tom realized he'd cut her off until she snarked at him like that in front of God and everybody. He did say "Sorry!" to her.

JMHO . . . Nine times out of ten, CA --- BESIDES having unofficially designated herself the Lift Policewoman of the show --- doesn't really bring anything of strong substance to her "critiques" anyway. Also, she has the nerve to snark and snarl at Tom for an honest mistake, when SHE very unprofessionally sits on the panel and regularly makes commentary about the male guests and dancers along the lines of what one would expect from a hormonal sixteen-year-old? And she's supposed to be there to professionally judge the dancing?

Please.

They can get rid of her right now. And if they DID, it'd STILL be about six years overdue, I think.

And, yep, I STILL think a big part of how she acted was backlash jealousy at Tom's Emmy. I believe she felt that since he's supposed to be such a great host that they Emmy'd him, but, he "rudely" cut HER, a JUDGE, off, she'd fix his wagon and "put him in his place" with that childish crack she made before she gave her score.

Idiot.
    karalott, Coco46, jucamer and 2 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Catchup . . .

Based on what I saw, the doorknob could hit Bristol in the rear tomorrow night and I would feel no remorse at all.

Pam was shaky and acted more than danced, but in the past she did well for herself up to the point that she left.

I'd rather have her stick around and improve than continue to suffer Bristol.

And Kelly wasn't what I would call a world-beater, either.

JMHO.
    karalott and jucamer like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

What did CA actually say towards Tom? I missed it, since I was flipping back and forth between DWTS and the Voice.

I think I figured at what CA's newest "critique" is going to be throughout the show, "YOU NEED MORE BODY CONTACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

You know what I don't understand...The Voice, American Idol, The X Factor, and just about every other talent show has had a revolving door of judges and co-hosts in recent years. Do TPTB ever think of maybe doing that with 2 of our 3 stooges? And it's nice to see Brooke the Incompetent Co-Host who doesn't know how to ask an intelligent or non awkward question is back Since Carson didn't get the fan choice slot, can he fill in to co-host? Oh well CA, Tom will always be funnier, quick witted, charming, classy, and charismatic, and that's why he has an Emmy and why this show would likely suffer without him. You on the other hand probably wouldn't be missed.

I had such high hope for Pamela/Tristan, but yikes, that was all kinds of bad. I know she didn't have the same amount of practice time as everyone else, and it sounded like TPTB didn't help. But I remember her being much better, and looking less strung out, in season 10. I'll be shocked if she isn't voted off tomorrow. Maybe Tristan can get a real contender next season, finally. Poor guy. And just like Tony and Jonathan, he smiles through it and works with what he has. I wouldn't mind losing Bristol tomorrow, however. Any hope I had of the judges not sugarcoating her dancing was tossed out the window tonight. Hopefully it's not a full season of that again. I don't think she was as bad as the rehearsal video showed, but I also don't think that's saying much. Speaking of other surprises: since Joey had been doing the Vegas show, I was expecting something more from him. I think he had the disadvantage, as other couples had, of going first and getting lowballed in the scoring. But I'm sticking with him as a potential early boot. I think he'll get lost in the shuffle. Melissa is another one I expect to lack a fanbase to make it far this season, despite being a much better dancer (probably one of the top 5). Everything could change next week, though. Nerves definitely seemed to be high tonight, and it'll likely be an ego blow to whoever gets eliminated these first few weeks. A potential trip to the bottom 2 might make some of these celebs up their game. I was slightly disappointed in Drew/Anna tonight, too, after having such high hopes for them. Drew just seemed kind of stiff and flat. I hope he snaps out of it next week. He'll have the jive, which is a much more energetic, fun dance. I loved both the jives he did season 2. He had a lot of my favorite routines that season, so he has it in him. And Anna can certainly bring that out.

Now, for the good. Gilles . My Chmerkovskiy boys-Kirstie was underscored, I think. I really hope the show doesn't try and portray him as the 'bad boy' this season, and just shows him and Kirstie having fun. I won't buy any footage that says otherwise, because they had a really fun partnership before, and have remained close friends since. I think Kirstie will be safe for the time being, and I'm glad she's getting the jive out of the way next week. That'll probably be a harder dance for her, and I remember her jive being kind of weak season 12. Though she tried her hardest with it. Kelly was more of pleasant surprise than I expected. She seemed nervous and the routine kind of stiff at times (she messed up a little), but aside from that, Val and her did a great job and I hope she's able to stick around for awhile. Even with her soap fanbase, I do worry she'll be on the chopping block sooner rather than later. Emmitt can still move! Definitely the way to end the night. I'm with those who think it could be an Apolo/Gilles/Emmitt final 3. At the very least, I expect 2 of those 3 in the finals.

I hope the show got Sabrina's "shocking elimination" out of it system and don't harp on it. Was actually surprised they called her out for overdancing the cha cha. I remember Len telling her the first time she did the show that she was too hip hop and needed to reign that in. I liked the fact that the judges actually gave constructive criticism and didn't overinflate any scores, and I hope they keep it up. But it starts like this every season, and by week 3, the tongue baths start, favoritism kicks in, nitpicking begins for the non chosen ones, the terrible twosome start interrupting Len and acting like his opinion doesn't matter, and Len can act like he didn't get his prune juice. It's a great start to the season, so hopefully they don't blow it.
    mesachick and jucamer like this.

My thoughts....

The 2 hours flew by! Usually I am pretty bored about 45 minutes in, but I really enjoyed it this time around. Maybe because I knew who everyone was...a lot of times I have no idea who half of the 'stars' are.

I love Joey's attitide and you can tell he enjoys working with Kym and her with him, but I hate that they went first- luckily there are others that weren't as good so I'm sure he'll be fine this week.

Pam...holy heck...what happened to her? I remember rolling my eyes when I found out she was on her first season, but being pleasantly surprised at the fact she was witty, worked hard, and turned out to be a decent enough dancer. Last night she looked like a baby deer trying to stand on its new wobbly legs and she seemed confused like she had too much to drink or something- it was very weird. I so wanted Tristan to get a contender this season- he always has such a great attitude and I enjoy watching him and will be sad to see him go early.

Melissa- She is a great dancer and I hope she sticks around, not because I care about her one way or the other (pretty indifferent really), but Tony's face lit up when he saw her and he said she was 'arguably his best partner' (did he forget about Stacey Keibler?) and for some bizzarre reason he thinks he let her down. She can dance so hopefully Tony will throw some serious choreo at her this season.

Bristol- I have no feelings about her as a person/political figurette/teen Mom one way or the other, but I will say that I don't think she belongs on All Stars. I think they should have only brought back those that made the finals, so on that note, I also don't think Pam shouldn't be there. Of course then they couldn't have had Miss Most Shocking Elimination either and that would've ruined their plans. I think she looks completely different too- I'm not sure I would've recognized her if they hadn't announced who she was. That's Hollywood for ya! She is improved...but that wasn't hard to do after her debacle of a season.

Kelly- snore

Kirstie- I was expecting a little more- it was a little dull for me. I've always loved her and she's one of the only pros (except for maybe Mel B) that is a match for Maks and whom he seems comfortable with so I'm happy he got her.

Cheryl- uh...that hair-do was a hair-don't!! Too much!! Love Emmett's smile!

Shawn- She is just the cutest thing and I just want to squoosh her! I think she will do great with Derek- his choreo is more challenging and Mark seemed to only want to choreo around her gymnastics ability. Mark feigned his happiness when he got Bristol, but I think he was secretly hoping he got Shawn or Sabrina back this season. Too bad, so sad! (not!)

Apollo- always been one of my favorites and he has a good work ethic so I'm sure he'll go far again this season as will Gilles.
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    Did I miss the Bachelor announcement during the show? Was anyone from the show even shown in the audience?
    No nothing about the Bachelor

Surprisingly... I enjoyed the first show. I thought everybody did well. Except for Pamela and Bristol. (Though, Bristol seems improved this go around).

Remind me again WHY Pamela is on the all-star show? I don't remember Pamela getting far on her season and she doesn't dance well.

For me... an all-star season should be based on winners and runner-ups.

My picks for now are Kelly and Melissa. I'd like to see them go far....

I'm ready for Kirstie to go.... She is way tooooo full of herself. I'm torn for saying that as I want Maks to stay.
    Need40winks and Fanny Mare like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    I don't have a problem with people doing that, but just what is the career that she is trying to rejuvenate?
    I think I'd place her more in the category of someone trying to jump start a career--she's had her own reality show, but I don't think it's been renewed. I thought I read/heard something about her thinking she'd like to go into commentating. Maybe she feels being on the show will remind people that she's around and interested in some kind of entertainment-related career. I'm not saying it will work or even that it's a good idea--he seems a little uncomfortable on camera to me to be a commentator, but then, so does Brooke, and they keep bringing her back--but maybe she's thinking it might.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I'm not saying it will work or even that it's a good idea--he seems a little uncomfortable on camera to me to be a commentator, but then, so does Brooke, and they keep bringing her back--but maybe she's thinking it might.
    Ironic - the one person on TV with LESS charisma than Bristol is Brooke. Maybe Bristol is looking up to her as an example of how high mediocrity can rise in the pay scale.
    jucamer and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Oh, I just mentioned Herlihy because he was in the finals with her--and then after she won, they had a later dance off special, and I believe he won that (though no one ever mentions it--it's always just "Kelly Monaco, season one winner!")
    Actually I believe Kelly won the dance off too. There were those that though that John was a better dancer and so they had the dance off and Kelly won both.

+ Reply to Thread