Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Shawn Johnson & Derek Hough - All-Stars

Shawn Johnson & Derek Hough - All-Stars

Shawn Johnson
    DWTS All-Star

Pro: Derek Hough

#TeamShawn

So, what’s more challenging—competing in the Olympics or Quickstepping on Dancing with the Stars? Shawn Johnson is one person who can answer that question, as she’s excelled in both venues.

At 20 years old, gymnast Shawn Johnson has accomplished a lifetime of achievements including an individual gold medal in the balance beam and three silver medals in the individual all-around, floor exercise, and team categories at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing, China.

In April 2009, Shawn was named the 79th Amateur Athletic Union (AAU) Sullivan Award recipient, one of the most prestigious honors in amateur sports. At the age of 17, Shawn became the youngest ever contestant on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars, where she danced her way to becoming the Champion of Season 8.

After a two-year hiatus from competitive gymnastics, Shawn returned to training in 2010 in an effort to make the 2012 Olympic Team. Just weeks before Olympic Trials, she was forced to withdraw due to injury and retired from the sport. Shawn hopes to attend an Ivy League school and would like to study business, medicine and to own a gymnastics facility some day.

Shawn’s second book, Winning Balance: What I've Learned So Far About Love, Faith and Living Your Dreams, was published in June 2012. Her first book, Shawn Johnson, Olympic Champion-Stories Behind the Smile was published in January 2009.

Shawn is involved in a number of philanthropic activities such as working with animal and children’s charities, working with cancer charities, particularly those that affect women and children, and is a strong advocate of health and wellness initiatives. Shawn is also involved in programs that help build good character amongst youth across the country.

Shawn Johnson Bio/Media Page - ABC.com

FORT Fogey

Re: Shawn Johnson & Derek Hough - All-Stars

Not interested in this pair at all.
    jucamer likes this.

I think Derek will be able to bring out more elegance from Shawn than Mark was able to (even though they won, but don't get me started on how season 8 went down, lol).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

There's something slightly "To Catch a Predator" about this picture.
    spockwhat likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Yeah, the boy-stache gives Derek that creepy Jeff Gillooly vibe. He really needs to get over the fact that he has a baby face and shave that sucker.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Love me some Derek. I bet they dance very very well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    There's something slightly "To Catch a Predator" about this picture.
    Yeah, there is. I think he's trying very hard to look sexy, which is fine in some dances, but she's just staring straight at the camera as if she's unaware of the look on his face, which makes him look as if he's entertaining some inappropriate thoughts about a young woman. I think she's still a teenager, isn't she? Or has she turned twenty?

At any rate, she still looks young, and looking sexy wasn't her strong suit last time out, so if she was trying to match his look, she failed badly. Whoever set up that photo just didn't do either of them a good turn with it. They end up looking mismatched in it--the lecherous cad and the innocent, wide-eyed teen (BTW, I'm not saying that's who either of them really are--it's just the impression the photograph gives of them).

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Love Derek! Love Shawn!! Can't wait to see them together!

Isn't this season supposedly the final season for Derek on DWTS?
    If so, I smell high scores all around for this pair whether they deserve them or not.

Derek looks smoking hot in that picture! Love Shawn too. This could be the pair to beat, and that's saying something with all the great competition this year.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast