Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Pamela Anderson & Tristan Macmanus - All-Stars

Pamela Anderson & Tristan Macmanus - All-Stars

Pamela Anderson
    DWTS All-Star

Pro: Tristan Macmanus

#TeamPamela

She used to run on the beach, but we saw her Tango and Cha Cha with lightning speed in the dance floor. Now Pamela Anderson is headed back to the ballroom as one of our most beautiful All-Stars!

A multi-talented model, actress, entrepreneur, writer, philanthropist, activist, spokesperson, designer and mother, Pamela Anderson is one of the most diversely talented stars in history.

Pamela follows her passions, whether it’s “Learning French in fast cars...” (A play she has written and will produce) or lending herself, with complete faith, as a death defying magician’s assistant in Las Vegas. As a film, television and musical theatre star, her resume speaks for itself, from the iconic hit Baywatch to the smash film Borat, Pamela regularly impacts popular culture. She has appeared on the cover of countless magazines throughout the globe including the cover of Playboy Magazine 14 times in America alone.

Beyond media, Pamela is an esteemed art collector of the likes of Richard Prince, Ed Ruscha, Jeff Koons, Marilyn Minter, Mel Ramos, Santé D’orazio, Terry Richardson, Luca Pizzaroni, Marc Quinn and David LaChapelle. After a fulfilling experience building her Malibu home, Pamela has also branched into design, currently heading up ATHASI, a firm with partner Josh Chrisant, that specializes in green architecture.

Pamela is also appearing in multiple campaigns for her comrade and mentor, the legendary Dame Vivienne Westwood. As a philanthropist, Pamela’s work and dedication is unmatched in the celebrity community. A long time supporter of PETA, she has also lent her time and resources to causes such as JP/HRO, Waves For Water, USO, Cool Earth, Sea Shepard Conservation Society (Pamela recently flew to Germany to defend Captain Paul Watson for his wrongful imprisonment), and The MAC Viva Glam 5 campaign raising awareness for AIDS testing around the world. Pamela is also producing a documentary series with activist Paul Manley in Canada called Whatever It Takes, showcasing people who dedicate their lives to a cause at all costs.

Full of surprises, and always one to pursue new passions, Pamela excelled as a participant and competitor on the smash-hit ABC series Dancing with the Stars. Her hard work and talents caught the attention of the musical theatre community and she is on the cusp of announcing an incredible project that will serve as the next chapter in the career of this powerful woman, devoted mother, sex symbol and style icon who continues to inspire fans across the globe.

Pamela Anderson Bio/Media Page - ABC.com

FORT Fogey

Re: Pamela Anderson & Tristan Macmanus - All-Stars

I know this is awful, but all I see is a teenage boy with a hooker in that picture. I am so not a fan of her overdone look, way too much to be called sexy.
    maude~flanders likes this.

He looks okay( strange hair) her. YUCK!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

She looks like a used-up stripper/prostitute. Poor Tristan! I don't remember her being a good dancer either.
    combatcutie and PA Snow Bunny like this.

I think it's a shame that women judge other women almost entirely on their appearance. Ms. Anderson may be a flamboyant dresser, but she is also smart, funny, dedicated to the causes she believes in, and self-deprecating. In short, the sort of woman I like to hang around with. Plus, not a half-bad dancer.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Smart? she went bankrupt! she started building a house in BC and she couldn't pay for it. She says all this isn't true. She needs to speak to that builder. She turns up at the opening of an envelope and she is only Canadian when it suits her. Now about her look, she is over down, and it looks awful. I dont find her smart or funny. Peta is her cause and yet she has been seen in fur and leather.

At least she can say her sex tape was out and about before Kim Kardashian's
    Mikesgirl83 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I liked the quality of her dancing with Damian. I'm worried about her. She's very lucky to have drawn Tristan because he's the most patient male pro they've got, imo, and I suppose the most flexible. I can't imagine how perfectionist Derek would have dealt with the lack of practice time and her unbelievably heavy schedule abroad. But Tristan's lucky too, I think, because I agree with Rattus that she's a cool person, but with some severe issues - maybe insecurity, one of the gentler personality disorders (I don't think she's a narcissist), or addiction issues? I don't know enough about her to figure it out, but I like her.

Even the little time I've watched her on this show, I can tell she's bright, quick-witted and funny, self-deprecating, and has a good heart (and wants to help, in the world, but there's those personal issues that trip her up.) There aren't many who reach that level of fame who handle it smoothly, and I fear she's on a course like Marilyn Monroe, Anna Nicole, Michael Jackson - well not that whack - but there's something going on. I'm thinking (this is her third DWTS in three years or so) that she sees doing this show as a form of trying to discipline herself or rehab?? Anyway, I hope things work out ok for her, and for Tristan. I'm actually pretty surprised they chose her for All-Stars, especially if they knew ahead of time about the schedule she had!

Here's a link to a short, sweet article Tristan gave yesterday where he says he knows she'll be in his life for a long, long time (Question #4):

Tristan MacManus – Ready to Light Up The All Star Cast With Irish Charm | Steph Pham
    Last edited by Elsa66; 09-18-2012 at 01:08 PM.
    RBmumsie likes this.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Well, I liked her on DWTS before and I think I'll like her again this time. Glad she's paired with Tristan. That said, I don't care much for this picture of her, but I've taken a lot of not so good pics myself.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

She's cool, but I think I'm of the rare male kind that doesn't find her attractive whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    She's cool, but I think I'm of the rare male kind that doesn't find her attractive whatsoever.
    That's interesting. I'm a woman and I find her sexy. I like that apparently ditzy sex-goddess type who really isn't, underneath it all, like Judy Holliday or to a lesser extent, Marilyn Monroe (too far gone.) Oh, and the best example of all, Dolly Parton. Absolutely brilliant woman, but gives the image-side of this business a wink and milks it for all it's worth. Which is what most do, but they take themselves seriously and think they really are all that - they buy into their own hype, I mean. I think Pamela's a real person and not lost in her image, like Marilyn or Elvis or Michael Jackson were.

But that kind of fame is just not healthy. I suppose some have survived it, and she's got the kind of sense of humor that should help her survive it, but to be a "commodity" like that is soul-destroying. I'm rooting for her, and hope she survives and thrives. She's got the tools, but living in L.A. might not be the best place to be, as the years go on. Maybe back to Canada was a good idea, especially if she's got roots there, family still around - and a steady type job instead of all this gallivanting. Nobody could thrive constantly hopping continents to open Playboy nightclubs and be photographed by tabloids.
    Last edited by Elsa66; 09-19-2012 at 02:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast