+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - All-Stars

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - All-Stars

I think it is, yes. Of course TPTB could change all that.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

It is, but the votes from this week will carry over to next week.

Video footage of the injury.

Dancing with the Stars: Melissa Rycroft Injured - Rehearsal Footage : People.com

What happened to Melissa Rycroft?

The Dancing with the Stars contestant was rushed to an L.A. hospital Sunday after injuring herself while rehearsing a group number for Monday's show and now video of the accident is available.

In footage taken during the rehearsal, Rycroft's partner, Tony Dovolani, jumps over Rycroft and then pulls her by her arms between his legs along the ballroom floor. When she pops up, she immediately puts a hand to her neck, grimaces and cries out in pain. Later, she's also seen on the floor wiping tears away and holding her neck.

"Melissa Rycroft suffered an on-set injury during Sunday's camera blocking rehearsal and was immediately taken to the hospital," a rep tells PEOPLE. "We can confirm Melissa was diagnosed with a disc herniation at the C4-C5 level of her cervical spine. At this time, Melissa's ability to perform in tonight's show will be a show time decision."

The footage also shows Rycroft, 29, strapped to a stretcher while wearing a head and neck brace and being carried away in a Los Angeles Fire Department ambulance.

Rycroft is one of the eight remaining all-star contestants competing on the show.
    Last edited by umngirl; 10-22-2012 at 06:32 PM.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Ouch! I briefly read up on herniated discs and from what I see the first thing they say is to rest. Shoot for Tonys sake if this takes her out. Of course know that nothing is a important as her health, but I'll feel bad for Tony since he seems so HAPPY! I hate his opportunity to end this way.

FORT Fogey

I think the important thing to remember is that it's just a stupid mirror ball trophy, after all. It's not worth doing potentially serious damage to yourself. If the doctor says, rest, that's what she should do, and I'd wager that's exactly what Tony would say too, no matter how much he's enjoying having a contender for a change.
    combatcutie likes this.

She looked great! and she danced really well. I am glad she got the doctors okay - otherwise she wouldn't have risked it.I was happy to see her, what a trooper!
    -Andy Rooney-

I am really glad that she was not more seriously injured; I don't like to see anyone get hurt. That said, I doubt the herniated disc diagnosis. Unless she was on heavy painkiller medication, she could not have done those moves with a herniated disc. I saw that some of her dances moves were toned down so I'm sure she had an injury, but I think it was not quite as described.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I really like Melissa. She is an underrated talent. She can dance and she catches on really fast and makes it look easy. She seems like a nice person too. I hope they stay in a long time since I really enjoy Tony and her dancing together. Loved them in the group dance.

She should wear a wig more often.

I agree, she looked very good .She was on ET last night - I think she should do Brooke's job, she has way more personality
    Tobi and Shoepie like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread