+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - All-Stars

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - All-Stars

Got all my votes in, too! Come on, T-Croft! Win it!
    Sphere, luvlady345 and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Used all my votes via cell and landline for them. I truly hope they win.

Kelly is boring. Shawn just uses her gymnastics to wow us. Melissa actually DANCED
    Shoepie and ilja like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fan

Tony's whining has started getting me down, crying last week like his dog had died and going on and on about how he's never won. Its old news, they are definitely looking for they pity vote.

Good for you, combatcutie! I agree, Melissa is the best dancer of the three finalists. I just hope the better part of the audience has voted by that criteria.

As for the so-called whining & pity vote: Everybody's entitled to their opinion. In their defense, both Tony & Melissa were emotional after a tough week which included not knowing if they would dance after his back went out & because they had just said their final goodbyes to a close friend they considered family. I wouldn't call that whining. I'd call that becoming overwhelmed with emotions out of their control. Imo, they haven't been after the pity vote, either. They both have said in post-show interviews that they want people to vote based on how they did on the dancefloor, not due to sympathy or pity. Thus, best dancer should equal Mirrorball trophy. This season, imo, that is Melissa.
    combatcutie, ness and jucamer like this.

Also, as Bloomers mentioned recently, we never know when what they have said is in response to a question the producers have asked. For example, "So, how does it feel to be the last 'non-winners' left in the competition?" They answer the question but all is shown is their answer, not the question that prompted their answer. It's a common tool producers use to present the "story" they want for each reality contestant.
    luvlady345, Shoepie, ilja and 1 others like this.

Not to mention the fact that we have heard nearly every week about how Shawn has to win this because she didn't get to go to the Olympics. How this will be her "Gold Medal Moment". Way more often than Tony and Melissa mentioning not winning the Mirror Ball.
    ness, luvlady345, Shoepie and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Need40winks View Post
    Not to mention the fact that we have heard nearly every week about how Shawn has to win this because she didn't get to go to the Olympics. How this will be her "Gold Medal Moment". Way more often than Tony and Melissa mentioning not winning the Mirror Ball.
    I love her but hate her sense of entitlement. I mean, come on! She already got an Olympic gold and a DWTS ball, and she's still entitled to the All-Star ball?? P-leez!!
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

The best dancer won a well deserved victory last night. Melissa & Tony's dancing, personalities and brother/sister vibe & relationship drew me to them in season 8. Those qualities were enhanced for me this season. An amazing & "right" end to cap off what I consider a great season. Out of all of his previous partners, I'm happy Melissa was the one to help get Tony to the top on this show.

Huge congratulations to both of them!
    combatcutie, ness, Shoepie and 7 others like this.

This is the first season in a long time that the outcome was both surprising and enjoyable. The congratulations from the cast was more than the usual polite hugs. The audience cheered loudest for Melissa and Tony as Tom read the names of each couple.

I always enjoy it when someone that doesn't have a large built-in fan base does well; it makes the show seem more legit and less like a popularity contest.

I was worried based on the fan idol prediction, which showed Shawn winning, but all that did was make the results sweeter.

Congratulations to Melissa and Tony!
    ness, Shoepie, Arielflies and 6 others like this.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I thought Tony's reaction to winning was so sweet - he's put in a lot of years with some less able partners. Tony & Melissa definitely deserved this win.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread