Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

Kirstie Alley
    DWTS All-Star

Pro: Maks Chmerkovskiy

#TeamKirstie

She was on Cheers and she drew cheers as a contestant on Dancing with the Stars. Now Kirstie is back to dazzle us once again in the ballroom!

Kirstie Alley has emerged as one of the great actresses of her generation, proving time and again that she is capable of great depth and range, as well as possessing comedic timing second to none. Kirstie’s work in television has earned her seven Golden Globe and eight Emmy nominations, winning one Golden Globe, two Emmys and three People’s Choice Awards. She co-wrote and starred in Showtime’s critically-acclaimed comedy Fat Actress, and played the title character, while also serving as Executive Producer, on the NBC sitcom Veronica’s Closet.

In 1994, Kirstie showcased her dramatic range starring in the CBS TV movie David’s Mother, for which she won her second Emmy. In 1987, she joined the cast of the long-running hit NBC sitcom, Cheers, as the neurotic Rebecca Howe. Kirstie received critical accolades and won both an Emmy for Lead Actress in a Comedy Series and Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actress in a Comedy Series in 1991. She made her movie debut in 1982 in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, in which she played beautiful Vulcan officer Lieutenant Saavik.

In 1999, Kirstie starred in the dark comedy film Drop Dead Gorgeous, a cult-classic mockumentary that follows the contestants in a beauty pageant in Minnesota. She starred in Woody Allen’s Deconstructing Harry, and alongside John Travolta in the hit films Look Who’s Talking, Look Who’s Talking Too and Look Who’s Talking Now. Some of her other film credits include Shoot to Kill, Summer School, For Richer or Poorer and Champions.

In 1995, Kirstie was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. She served as the spokesperson for Pier One from 2000 to 2004, Jenny Craig from 2005 to 2008 and is currently the Poise Fairy. In 2010, Kirstie worked with experts in science, nutrition, and medicine to launch Organic Liaison, which includes Rescue Me, the first ever USDA certified organic weight-loss product. Kirstie has successfully lost 100 pounds using the Organic Liaison program. Kirstie's second book, The Art of Men (I Prefer Mine Al Dente) will be released this November by Atria, an imprint of Simon and Schuster.

Kirstie Alley Bio/Media Page - ABC.com

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

Kirstie Alley has emerged as one of the great actresses of her generation
    Boy, they sure got out the big shovel this season, didn't they?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

goofy picture!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Greatest actress of her generation? Yikes!

I am one of the very few who wasn't a Max and Kirstie fan. She bugs me for some reason. I've never liked her personality. But, I'm sure her fans will be glad about this and she will do well in the competition.

I don't LOVE her, but I liked what she brought out in Maks and their first dance was so fantastic. I thought she was going to be more Cloris Leachman, but she proved she was a serious contender from week 1. I still don't love her, but I think she's got a terrific work ethic and I love that she's competing with people who could be her children and, heck, grandchildren!
    KatesMom and AZChristian like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

OF, Critical, I think you just ruined my day! LOL

I'm around the same age as Kirstie, and the thought that i could have grandchildren old enough to compete on the show, well it makes me feel ancient!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Kirstie is 4 years younger than I. My grandkids are 25, 24, and 17. Yep, she could be.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Greatest actress of her generation? Yikes!

I am one of the very few who wasn't a Max and Kirstie fan. She bugs me for some reason. I've never liked her personality. But, I'm sure her fans will be glad about this and she will do well in the competition.
    I think what they have said about her acting is hilarious!
    -Andy Rooney-

Uggghhh.... another season Max won't win!

Just say'n...
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Uggghhh.... another season Max won't win!

Just say'n...
    I think one of the guys will win, but I imagine Maks will have more fun than he did last season.
    Shoepie and Midol like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast