+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

FORT Fogey

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

While I didn't think Kirstie did well in the group dance, which was pretty much a mess for everyone on their team, I certainly thought she did better with her quickstep than Cloris Leachman did with any of her dances. I don't think it's fair to compare her to Cloris. She may not be as good as the rest of the dancers who are left. I have no problem with admitting that. But she's better than Cloris.

As a side note, I was in the Confederate Museum in New Orleans on Friday, and one of the volunteers there was an extra in North and South and said that he saw Kirstie up close several times during the filming and described her as being "the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen." Now, granted, that was a few decades ago now, but I thought Kirstie fans might still appreciate hearing it. Heck, I suppose Kirstie herself might too.
    Florimel, KatesMom and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    While I didn't think Kirstie did well in the group dance, which was pretty much a mess for everyone on their team, I certainly thought she did better with her quickstep than Cloris Leachman did with any of her dances. I don't think it's fair to compare her to Cloris. She may not be as good as the rest of the dancers who are left. I have no problem with admitting that. But she's better than Cloris.

As a side note, I was in the Confederate Museum in New Orleans on Friday, and one of the volunteers there was an extra in North and South and said that he saw Kirstie up close several times during the filming and described her as being "the most gorgeous woman I've ever seen." Now, granted, that was a few decades ago now, but I thought Kirstie fans might still appreciate hearing it. Heck, I suppose Kirstie herself might too.

North & South is one of my favorites and she was gorgeous!!!

FORT Fogey

Agree that she was a beautiful young woman..... less so in CHEERS and not at all now. The main reason is that she hasn't worked with her age.

FORT Fogey

Kirsty's comment that the best dancer does not necessarily win may help her stay in another week. Her attitude is so good; I love her wit and relaxed way of being.
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

Have not been crazy about her latest exploits....announcing her relationships with Patrick Swayze and John Travolta while filming with each of them, while one or both were married. Old news that can only be hurtful to the surviving partners. Publicity much??

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Have not been crazy about her latest exploits....announcing her relationships with Patrick Swayze and John Travolta while filming with each of them, while one or both were married. Old news that can only be hurtful to the surviving partners. Publicity much??
    She said Patrick Swayze who was married , turned her down, but they were planning a life with one another I dont believe that for one moment, I felt terrible for his wife. I am so tired of hearing about her flings, all she talks about is sex.

I hope once this season is over,she isn't on DWTS ever again.
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

As much as I love me some Maks, it is beyond time for Kirstie to leave. She has over stayed her welcome a few too many weeks. She is not funny anymore, it is not cute, it is actually painful to see her trot around the stage with that disgusting hair of hers
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    Agree that she was a beautiful young woman..... less so in CHEERS and not at all now. The main reason is that she hasn't worked with her age.
    I've never thought she was beautiful, but then I only knew her from Cheers on. To me, her makeup is what ruins her look. It's so severe and ruddy. When she was younger, it made her look skanky. Now that she's old, it makes her look older. And still skanky. I wish she would get a makeover. Tone down the makeup, or at least use tones that are more flattering to her skin tone, get her raggedy hair trimmed and styled. She always looks like she just rolled out of bed and hasn't been getting much sleep.

I have nothing against her personally. I enjoyed her in Music & Lyrics and she is entertaining on Dancing With the Stars. She sure seems to bring the best out of Maks, making him less grouchy and more light-hearted. They're a fun couple.

Kirstie Alley was beautiful as Lt. Saavik in Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Kahn. I don't know and care less about her personal life. Not my business. She's a good actress and entertainer and I love the dynamic between Maks and her.
    RBmumsie, Shoepie, Bet2Win and 2 others like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    She always looks like she just rolled out of bed and hasn't been getting much sleep. . . . She sure seems to bring the best out of Maks, making him less grouchy and more light-hearted. They're a fun couple.
    I wonder if these two points have anything to do with each other. LOL.
    Tobi and AlwaysVeg like this.

+ Reply to Thread