+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Last weeks dance wasn't any better... IMO.
    They don't pair up well... other than the OoOoOoOoOoOoh sooooooo funny humor *rolls eyes*. What IS funny... is when Maks drags Kirstie across the floor like a sack of potatoes.
    And she takes more breaks standing around, or laying on the judges table than anyone else.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I really like Maks and Kirstie as people and enjoyed their dancing the last time they were together. Kirstie impressed me with her dancing then. However, this go around she is acting more like Cloris Leachman and it's distracting. Where did some of her dancing ability go this season? She should be the next one to be eliminated, though I like Maks and will miss him.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

I feel bad for her because she has regained some of her weight and maybe that has something to do with her confidence and movement. It has to be so hard on her being the oldest one there and feeling so much different than the others. That weight thing no matter what people say, it's upsetting and it is just harder to do everything! I think she was brave to go back on the show again, especially with such young dancers coming back to compete. Good luck to her! But I would hate to see any of the others go at this point too so if it came down to it I would choose her to go next just because it would be the right thing to do and she would probably even be relieved! Bless her heart!
    Debb70 likes this.

She and Maks did a good job last night but I think they are still on the bottom of the leder (sp?) board. I agree Tobi that her weight situation has taken some of confidence away.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    I really like Maks and Kirstie as people and enjoyed their dancing the last time they were together. Kirstie impressed me with her dancing then. However, this go around she is acting more like Cloris Leachman and it's distracting. Where did some of her dancing ability go this season? She should be the next one to be eliminated, though I like Maks and will miss him.
    I think this time around she and Maks just can't hide... they are against ALL good dancers. Kirstie sticks out like a sore finger...

Just another night where Kirstie was horrible! Everybody in the team dance but Kirstie did very well. Even their outfits were nice... but Kirstie's. I'm tired of the ..... oh we can't dance as well as the others... so we will just act like clowns.

It really IS time for Kirstie to go!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I disagree. Yes, she is older and she has gained some of her weight back. And yes, technically she is the worst dancer left. But I would not go so far as to say she can't dance. I think she can and I think she has. Compared to the others, no, she is no where close. And she knows that. I don't think she has hit Cloris Leachman levels at all. I think she knew she would never win and so her and Maks are having fun for as long as the run lasts. It is great to see - especially when you look at some of the others (Sabrina, Kelly, Gilles, Apolo) who do not appear to be having as much fun. So, is she the worst one left and if this was based on technical ability should she be the next one to go? Sure. But the girl absolutely can dance, and she is having fun, so I give her props for that.

^^^ I can certainly appreciate that... being on the show should be fun. And its obvious that some stars aren't just on it for the fun of it.

I think she is at the level of Cloris Leachman. Especially with last weeks dance... when she was ontop of Maks... either swimming or playing as a worm. I couldn't decide what it was that she was doing.

For me... her weight isn't an issue. As there are many heavy set people that CAN dance... and do it well.

I do believe they showed her crying and wanting to do better just as a symathy ploy. Sorta like they did with Bristol when she was crying.
    Last edited by I'm here; 10-24-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    ^^^ I can certainly appreciate that... being on the show should be fun. And its obvious that some stars aren't just on it for the fun of it.

I think she is at the level of Cloris Leachman. Especially with last weeks dance... when she was ontop of Maks... either swimming or playing as a worm. I couldn't decide what it was that she was doing.

For me... her weight isn't an issue. As there are many heavy set people that CAN dance... and do it well.

I do believe they showed her crying and wanting to do better just as a symathy ploy. Sorta like they did with Bristol when she was crying.
    Last week wasn't good at all.She really did look like Mrs doubtfire to me. Last night she looked more feminine . They still score her way too high.But they did the same with Sabrina .. This so called AS is a bit of a joke .I will be glad when its all over.

The crying doesn't work, the only one I truly felt sorry for was Melissa, I think she is working out and in pain, and it took its toll on her. She will bounce back, she did well in their team dance.
    Need40winks likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

With it being All-Stars, I find myself caring a lot less if the "best" dancers make it to the finals. I'm more comfortable rooting for my favorites, even if it means technically better dancers may go home first.

And I like having Kirstie and Maks on my screen, so the longer they can get away with avoiding elimination, oh well.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread