+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Valancy View Post
    Kirstie makes live TV so entertaining. That kiss last night was one of those impromptu moments on DWTS that make the show so fun to watch.
    I don't know about that kiss... it was just really awkward... and unnessary. But... I must say, its hysterical when Maks squeezes Tom's butt.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    All I can say is, he better go out in a blaze of leather pants and flaunting his beautiful chest
    I am with you on this one. I don't want to see him go at all. He is the only reason I watch the show
    jucamer and Midol like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I adore this woman. I always watched Cheers but hated Shelly Long. When Kirsty took her place, the already good show improved 100%

I get the feeling that she isn't going to make it as far as she did on her season. She was very winded the first night. I know she will improve, but just a hunch.
    Florimel likes this.

All I can say is, he better go out in a blaze of leather pants and flaunting his beautiful chest
    Yes.. PLEASE!!!! I will surely be voting for that... um... for him that night!

Maks' blog from earlier this week -- It looks like he did this prior to the show on Monday but still thought I'd put it in the thread.

Hey everyone!

I'm back! Hope you had a great summer!

First of all, I want to say a huge congrats to Tom for his Emmy win last night for reality show host. It's so well-deserved. There is truly no one else like him in the business!

Well, tonight's the big night! It's going to be a good one. We're all excited here. I am ecstatic to be with Kirstie again. I kind of knew I would be paired with her again. We're friends and we talk frequently, so when the All-Stars season came about, she was like, "Do you wanna do this? Do you wanna do this with me? I said, "Yeah, of course!" I have to say, I am happy I only have one partner back. I know a lot of you want Mel back, but the truth is, Mel was never going to be able to do it. She had prior commitments. I'm not upset that she couldn't come back. There's nothing to be upset about. She's doing her thing and I honestly don't know what I'd be like if I had two partners back and have to see one of them paired with someone else. I don't know how the other pros are doing it. You grow really attached to someone for three months and it's gotta be hard seeing them working with someone new now.

Kirstie deserves to be an All-Star. She's fantastic in so many ways. I know she's been saying she's been dancing since Season 12, but she hasn't! I've been calling her out on it. She definitely took to this whole dancing thing a lot more than probably most of the other celebrities have on the show. But after the show, she realized really quickly that without the element of time, this is a whole new ballgame. It's not the same. It's like building a sandcastle. You can have fun at your leisure. But imagine building a sandcastle with someone watching over you telling you have a minute left. It's her and me building the sandcastle together while the show dictates the rules. It's funny because in rehearsals, she's been saying, "What the hell was I thinking?" And I say, "After all the pain and bruises went away and you were no longer exhausted every day, you were left with a very positive experience from the show. After that, if anyone asks you how the show was, you say, 'It was amazing!' So when they come to you for All-Stars, you say, 'Of course!'" Maybe that's why we don't have any celebrities from the last two seasons — they haven't gotten enough distance from the show yet. It's still too fresh.

We're having fun. Kirstie's having fun, and that's all that matters to me. How ready are we? We are as ready as we'll be the day of the show. There's nothing more we can do. This season is the best of the best. Last season was arguably the best level we ever had. This is going to top that. We have so many former winners, so many finalists who probably should have won. There are people who won personality and some who won on skill. I told Kirstie, "You just gotta dance." The fact is, she can't compete with a 20-year-old. That's the truth. She's 61 years old. She just has to go out there and do her thing. What makes her happy is what she will show on the dance floor. We left off on a very positive note on how far she came last time, so now how much father can she go? Right now, she's at Week 7 or 8 from last season. I just want us to have fun and dance.

I know I made a lot of headlines over the weekend, which I thought was hilarious. We live in an age of illiterate news, if that makes sense. People read half an article, draw a conclusion and social media goes crazy without reporting the facts. I was asked what my plans were post-show and I answered honestly. I said after my contract ends in 2015, I won't re-sign. I just feel at that point, it's time to move on and explore new opportunities. It'll make sense for me and the show. We have amazing talent, as you've seen in the troupe, and it's a natural progression. The show will be in good hands.

I've also gotten a lot of questions regarding Hope's comments in her book, and I have nothing else to say on that topic anymore. I've moved on from that.

Lastly, I just want to give a big thank you to all of our students and Dance with Me supporters. I don't think I realized until this summer that we've create a huge family and I'm deeply humbled by it. Dance with Me was a fun project when we first conceived it, and now it's been eight years with multiple locations with an enormous amount of support from each of them. It's been amazing to read people's responses and hearing them tell me and Val and Tony how they've feel like they've become part of something bigger. I just want to say thank you to the staff and students. I feel it now more than ever. I know we have a lot of viewers, but I don't know them personally. When you come home and you have thousands of people show up to your studio, it's amazing. I feel the support now more than ever, so thank you.

That's all for now. Enjoy the show tonight!

Maks
    Dancing's Maks: Kirstie and I Are Having Fun - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Sorry, too late to edit, but I forgot to say that Maks seems to clarify how long to expect him to be around because he says here that his contract with DWTS ends in 2015 -- after which he says won't re-sign again -- so that means he'll be around for several more seasons if they continue to do the show twice a year.

Hopefully the above will still hold true no matter when Maks goes, out, Kara.
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Gee, someone who honors a contract -- something professional athletes could learn from.
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

IF Maks doesn't start showing more skin... then I'm going to have to pick somebody else to drool over...
    Last week was unacceptable.. only showing his ankles.
    jucamer likes this.

I'm shocked that I'm saying/typing this... BUT... Maks looked awful last night. OMG! I didn't like anything about his look or the dancing. The long wig... the clean shaven face... the striped pants... ALL BAD!!!!! Oddly enough, I didn't even like the way his chest looked. *passes out from the shock*

I can't even comment on Kirstie... as I didn't even see her. Like usual... I tend to focus on Maks... but in this case... I was just shocked at how awful it all was...

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I still have trouble believing it was him. Didn't look like him, didn't move like him. Until the end when they were talking to the judges, my brain was just not accepting that it WAS him.

+ Reply to Thread