+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    I like you and your positive attitude!!! *lifts chin up*

Is Derek DEFINITELY leaving?
    From what I have heard Derek said he was ready to move on.. I hope he doesn't leave. As for Maks I will help him pack
    norealityhere likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    From what I have heard Derek said he was ready to move on.. I hope he doesn't leave. As for Maks I will help him pack

*HMPH* I change my mind... I don't like you at all.... for saying you'll help him pack....
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post

*HMPH* I change my mind... I don't like you at all.... for saying you'll help him pack....
    I don't care

hey we cant like everyone just see the posts above and below.

To Maks
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I don't care

hey we cant like everyone just see the posts above and below.

To Maks
    To Maks...

*wonders if the smilie that fell over is Maks?*

You guys are funny. I am with Fanny on this one - not so much a Maks fan. He's a bit full of himself.

Who knows though, maybe a kinder side of him will be revealed on a different type of program... and maybe someone even hotter will replace him on Dancing with the Stars!

I think Derek is a cutie and I'm really excited he is going to be dancing with Shawn. Now if he goes, I'll be singing a different tune.
    Last edited by Baby's Breath; 09-21-2012 at 07:33 PM.

Sorry BB - better start singing then - Derek has already said this is his last season
    BTW likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby's Breath View Post
    You guys are funny. I am with Fanny on this one - not so much a Maks fan. He's a bit full of himself.

Who knows though, maybe a kinder side of him will be revealed on a different type of program... and maybe someone even hotter will replace him on Dancing with the Stars!

I think Derek is a cutie and I'm really excited he is going to be dancing with Shawn. Now if he goes, I'll be singing a different tune.
    Derek is going, but he's goes out a winner I hope he does well with Shawn.
    -Andy Rooney-

There comes a time in your life when you realize what you are doing you're not having fun with. Sometimes it's burnout, others outside forces come more into play than your opinion, whatnot.

I think with Maks it's a combination of both, but more of the latter.

Given the work schedule these dancers have to take on for the show, I can see a burnout happening at any time.

Worse here though is that Maks is constantly criticized (not so much critiqued) compared to the other dancers. While Bruno and Len tend to be more polite in their comments (they are less harsh unless it's truly warranted) Carrie Ann CANNOT stand the guy and it shows when she butts into Len's or Bruno's comments to disagree with their opinion.

And I would say that between that and the producers ALLOWING for the most part uncalled for notes on him, it leads to burnout and he's heading out where he can do things on his own time - even if it's just give lessons.

I think a lot - not all but a lot - of this darker side of Maks comes from the show. Looking at the photos and interaction he has between some dancers, such as Kirstie (who is really the ONLY partner he's had these 15 seasons I could feel he simply enjoyed working with overall just by his body language - he just seemed happier overall with her (again not so much the favoritism of the judges) you can see he has a humor that is missing on this show. But I think a lot of that is because everyone expects him to be almost a literal stereotype of this stern persona.
    Shoepie and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    There comes a time in your life when you realize what you are doing you're not having fun with. Sometimes it's burnout, others outside forces come more into play than your opinion, whatnot.

I think with Maks it's a combination of both, but more of the latter.

Given the work schedule these dancers have to take on for the show, I can see a burnout happening at any time.

Worse here though is that Maks is constantly criticized (not so much critiqued) compared to the other dancers. While Bruno and Len tend to be more polite in their comments (they are less harsh unless it's truly warranted) Carrie Ann CANNOT stand the guy and it shows when she butts into Len's or Bruno's comments to disagree with their opinion.

And I would say that between that and the producers ALLOWING for the most part uncalled for notes on him, it leads to burnout and he's heading out where he can do things on his own time - even if it's just give lessons.

I think a lot - not all but a lot - of this darker side of Maks comes from the show. Looking at the photos and interaction he has between some dancers, such as Kirstie (who is really the ONLY partner he's had these 15 seasons I could feel he simply enjoyed working with overall just by his body language - he just seemed happier overall with her (again not so much the favoritism of the judges) you can see he has a humor that is missing on this show. But I think a lot of that is because everyone expects him to be almost a literal stereotype of this stern persona.
    I could not agree more with your post. I would place a bet on the fact that Carrie Anne tried to get herself a delicious slice of Maks and got shot down, hence that unreasonalble disdain that she always shows towards him. As for his best partner, that would be Mel B...AKA Scary Spice for me....and his partner in what is for me, the best Paso EVER! That is who I was hoping would be coming back to pair up with him, but Kirsty is my second fave...and Erin Andrews was also good. All of his best partners were strong women with a sense of humour and a strong work ethic, who gave Maks back as good as they got. That is something that people don't give him credit for...he gives it his all and he wants his partners to have that same passion/enthusiasm. He may get mad and blow up...I understand that there are more politically safe ways to deal, but being European myself, I know where he is coming from...and like me, he seems to like people who like to "debate..LOUDLY".

Funny, that as much of a hot head Maks is made out to be, and as much as he is portrayed as a bad boy, he is best friends and business partners with arguably the nicest, most gentlemanly pro...Tony. Can't be all bad, can he?
    Alcohol does not solve problems but neither does milk...

The best exercise in the world is to bend down and help someone up.

FORT Fogey

I like these two and glad to see them back together!

+ Reply to Thread