Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Kelly Monaco & Val Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

Kelly Monaco & Val Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

Kelly Monaco
    DWTS All-Star

Pro: Val Chmerkovskiy

#TeamKelly

So does the drama of a soap opera compare to that found on the dance floor? We’ll have to ask Kelly Monaco about that one, as she’s been a part of both worlds.

Kelly Monaco originated the highly anticipated role of Samantha McCall on ABC’s General Hospital in October 2003. In the category of Outstanding Lead Actress, Kelly was an Emmy nominee for this role in 2006. Her television credits include co-hosting the 33rd Annual Daytime Emmy Awards as they were broadcast for the first time from Hollywood.

Kelly also starred in the first season of the ABC primetime summer mega-hit, Dancing with the Stars, where she won the dance championship. She had a three-and-a-half-year stint on the ABC Daytime drama Port Charles, garnering her first Daytime Emmy Nomination for Outstanding Supporting Actress in 2003.

Kelly’s television debut occurred in 1997, when she landed a recurring role on Baywatch. While shooting Port Charles, she also guest starred opposite Charlie Sheen and Heather Locklear in a season finale of ABC's Spin City. In addition, she has appeared in the feature films Idle Hands, Mumford, BASEketball, and was most recently seen on Hallmark’s movie Edge of the Garden.

Kelly headlined and opened the Las Vegas Peep Show performing in front of sold-out audiences. She was also featured in the Emmy-Award winning documentary Daytime Gives Back, Africa and allowed fans a peak into her private life on E!’s Dirty Soap.

Kelly grew up on the East Coast, where she participated in soccer, swimming, track and softball, among other sports. Her family moved from the bustling city of Philadelphia to the more peaceful environment of the Poconos. In addition to athletics, she participated intensely in speech, debate and theater in high school. Kelly is involved in Feed the Children and Children’s Hospital. She resides in Los Angeles.

Kelly Monaco Bio/Media Page - ABC.com

Re: Kelly Monaco & Val Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

I am interested to see how they do.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I never saw season one, so I am curious as to how she will do. I've never heard of her outside of being the season one winner. My gut says she won't last long.

I never cared for her on season one, so I doubt I will care for her this time around.

I actually liked her, and she was the reason I tuned in to the first season. Because of her role on General Hospital, I think she will have fans. The hard part for her is that everyone is coming into this season with a fan base - and some of the later season starts have bigger bases. I think she will suffer because of that. I do remember her being a pretty good dancer - and I think she is beautiful as well.
    karalott and Imperfect1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    I never cared for her on season one, so I doubt I will care for her this time around.
    Same here. I didnt think she was very good dancer, and I wasn't a fan

I wonder this time how she will be? different parter, she is older. I am interested to see her with Val- no loss if she isnt in it that long.
    -Andy Rooney-

One sister leaves a reality show (Kara Big Brother) and another enters. I haven't watched videos of season 1 either so I don't know how she did or even what the format was then. I'm looking forward to seeing her with the newer pros and the mix of newer (to DWTS) celebs.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I didn't know that was her sister. They have also both been in playboy, I was just reading about them.
    -Andy Rooney-

Kelly has four sisters, but Kara isn't one of them. They just have the same last name
    mesachick likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Was Val a horned dog all over Kelly or was that JMO?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast