+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Kelly Monaco & Val Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

Re: Kelly Monaco & Val Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

I have never liked Kelly at all, she always looks angry, she hardly smiles. I can't beleive that she wasn't voted off yet. I don't think that she is a good dancer. To me her only claim to fame is modeling for Playboy and another nude magazine. Pam was much more sexy than this little squirrel who thinks the world owes her something.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sphere View Post
    I have never liked Kelly at all, she always looks angry, she hardly smiles. I can't believe that she wasn't voted off yet. I don't think that she is a good dancer. To me her only claim to fame is modeling for Playboy and another nude magazine. Pam was much more sexy than this little squirrel who thinks the world owes her something.
    I find her dancing very stilted. Or, as CA says 'clipped,' but that's her style. I don't enjoy her . I would rather have had Apolo- but watching his dances last night( and Emmitts) I think Kelly was better, but only slightly.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I like Kelly and I think that her dancing ability has really progressed since the beginning of the season. As far as the "showmance", I'm enjoying it, even if I have to put my fingers in my ears and sing "lalalalalala" when I hear about it being staged.
    SassyStarr likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I don't understand why there is so much hate on this site for Kelly. First who cares if the showmance is staged, it wouldn't be the first time. I find it fun to watch. I also think her dancing is so much improved. Her steps are always precise. Funny how people think its a personality show sometimes. If she smiled more some would say they hate her fake smiling. Give the girl a break. Sheesh!
    BTW, GabbyG, Need40winks and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyStarr View Post
    I don't understand why there is so much hate on this site for Kelly. First who cares if the showmance is staged, it wouldn't be the first time. I find it fun to watch. I also think her dancing is so much improved. Her steps are always precise. Funny how people think its a personality show sometimes. If she smiled more some would say they hate her fake smiling. Give the girl a break. Sheesh!
    Very true - look at everyone hating on Melissa because she's always so happy & smiling. I wish more people were like her. I enjoy watching Kelly & Val and don't care about the showmance. They are great dance partners.

Quote Originally Posted by SassyStarr View Post
    I dont hate her, I don't know her. I just don't like her dancing, or her miserable face.Each to their own. Others dont like Shawn for their reasons or Melissa's toothy grin.
    Shoepie likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I have never liked Kelly at all, she always looks angry, she hardly smiles. I can't beleive that she wasn't voted off yet. I don't think that she is a good dancer. To me her only claim to fame is modeling for Playboy and another nude magazine. Pam was much more sexy than this little squirrel who thinks the world owes her something.
    Well, she does have that other job as a major lead on the daytime soap, General Hospital. I don't watch DWTS, but do watch GH, and have to say doing the two shows is telling on her looks on GH. Luckily she's supposed to in mourning for her GH presumed dead husband, so it's ok for her to look worn down and a bit bedraggled. I don't think she's getting enough sleep and she's probably losing weight.
    She's a lot more famous for her acting now than for any photo shoots she's done.
    Anyway, just checking in here to see how one of the few "stars" I've heard of was doing, couldn't pass that bolded remark by. I never have any idea how to judge the dancing when I do drop in on DWTS, barring a major goof... they all look good to me--I could certainly never do those dances!
    BTW, GabbyG, Need40winks and 2 others like this.

I know she is on General Hospital which I never watch. I do remember though, a few years back that GH devoted a day or more just for her "return", oh please..Susan Lucci never got that treatment and La Lucci is much bigger and better star than Kelly can ever be.

FORT Regular

I know she is on General Hospital which I never watch. I do remember though, a few years back that GH devoted a day or more just for her "return", oh please..Susan Lucci never got that treatment and La Lucci is much bigger and better star than Kelly can ever be.
    Kelly hasn't left GH since she started on the show in 2003. I think you might have Kelly mixed up with Vanessa Marcil, who had episodes devoted to her character before her return to GH in 2010 (ABC pre-empted All My Children and One Life to Live to play old Brenda episodes). You're right that Lucci never got that treatment, but she also never left AMC. Hypothetically, if Lucci had left AMC during her run and returned, I'm pretty sure ABC would have given Lucci promos that were bigger than Vanessa Marcil's considering her star power!

To get back on topic: I really liked Kelly's performances on DWTS this season. I wasn't bothered by the showmance script she and Val were stuck with, since the DWTS producers give someone the showmance script every season. I'm glad she made it to the finals.
    Last edited by Valancy; 11-27-2012 at 01:28 AM.
    GabbyG and Imperfect1 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Valancy View Post
    Kelly hasn't left GH since she started on the show in 2003. I think you might have Kelly mixed up with Vanessa Marcil, who had episodes devoted to her character before her return to GH in 2010 (ABC pre-empted All My Children and One Life to Live to play old Brenda episodes). You're right that Lucci never got that treatment, but she also never left AMC. Hypothetically, if Lucci had left AMC during her run and returned, I'm pretty sure ABC would have given Lucci promos that were bigger than Vanessa Marcil's considering her star power!

To get back on topic: I really liked Kelly's performances on DWTS this season. I wasn't bothered by the showmance script she and Val were stuck with, since the DWTS producers give someone the showmance script every season. I'm glad she made it to the finals.
    You are right Valancy, I did get her confused with Vanessa Marcil.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast