+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Kelly Monaco & Val Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

Re: Kelly Monaco & Val Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

Sorry.

I wasn't impressed with Kelly when she "won" the first time.

And, yep, she has improved greatly this time around.

STILL not impressed with her.

Count me in on the "We KNOW it's fake . . . but PUH-LEESE!" crowd.

Frankly, after the epic hue and cry after she "won" the first season (which angered the public to the point where a dance-off was held between her and John O'Hurley --- which HE won, BTW!), I personally think she's taken dance lessons since then.

'Cause she SURE as hell couldn't dance the first go-round.

Or, couldn't dance better than John, anyway.

And no, I didn't care for her hard, cold, ball-busting attitude back then. Haven't cared for what I've seen of it THIS season. And am NOT warming up to her because she all but made a ham sandwich out of Val this last performance show.

I found it to be nauseating.

Good for her and Val if they stay a long time.

But I won't be crying when the door hits her in the rear, either.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I went back and watched their dance and they were out of synch most of the time in their contemporary dance and I did not feel all the emotion their overwrought expressions were conveying especially Kelly. It was too weird all of their acting all the way up to the dance and sort of creepy. Get a grip, it's just a show. I actually think it did more harm than good. They were terrific the week before in the Latin dance. That really showcased her beautifully and they did a great job with that. I hope they come back this week with something easier to watch and not so personal just to them because I know I wasn't feeling it. They are really good together so I'm rooting for them to do better this next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi View Post
    I went back and watched their dance and they were out of synch most of the time in their contemporary dance and I did not feel all the emotion their overwrought expressions were conveying especially Kelly. It was too weird all of their acting all the way up to the dance and sort of creepy. Get a grip, it's just a show. I actually think it did more harm than good. They were terrific the week before in the Latin dance. That really showcased her beautifully and they did a great job with that. I hope they come back this week with something easier to watch and not so personal just to them because I know I wasn't feeling it. They are really good together so I'm rooting for them to do better this next week.

I do like Kelly... but I am NOT a fan of Vals.... but I think the emotion Kelly felt during her dance was the pain of a broken foot...

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Holy cow - way to destroy my illusions! I'm going to ignore the facts in this case and just enjoy the fake showmance going on, as I find it enjoyable. I think Kelly is doing well and Val is a sweetie.
    Tobi, mesachick and jucamer like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I found this though I'm having a bit of trouble believing it, especially they since gave him Pamela; but the whole Pam-Tris thing is so fishy to me anyway, I'm almost willing to believe anything ELSE could have happened:

Originally Posted by lady latina View Post, 11/8/12
    Gossip: I just had a chat with one ballroom friend professional dancer, she was in the Dancing with the Stars show last Monday... My friend heard a rumor that the producers paired Kelly Monaco with Val in order to create a showmance story, to boost their ratings even though she has a boyfriend. Apparently she was paired first with Tristan but because Tristan is unlikely to make dramas scenes and go along with the romance story they changed the pairing.... (lots more)
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showt...738281&page=17

Anybody else think there's even a possibility this happened?
    Last edited by Elsa66; 11-09-2012 at 02:16 AM.
    There is no such thing as a person that nothing has happened to, and each person's story is as different as his fingertips.
    Elsa Lanchester

FORT Fogey

I instantly knew it was a set up for ratings when a romance seemed to be afoot. She is 10 years older, they did a very poor job at convincing viewers and it never really got legs. A few staged moments and stilted conversation was all we saw.

I just read her bio.

Kelly headlined and opened the Las Vegas Peep Show performing in front of sold-out audiences.
    hmmmmmm off to google what this is. What was her talent? Dancing I assume.

Whoa...note to self. Do not google Kelly ever again. Yikes.

Ok, I was going to say that she's so skinny, she's more sick looking than sexy. It appears she likes to pose nude and not tastefully, either. Ick.
    Shoepie likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post

Ok, I was going to say that she's so skinny, she's more sick looking than sexy. It appears she likes to pose nude and not tastefully, either. Ick.
    I know. She has a strange little body. Very busty, but skinny. I didn't like it when her boobs nearly fell into Lens lap. I hate when they lay all over the judges table
    Sphere and athomeinfrisco like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I know. She has a strange little body. Very busty, but skinny. I didn't like it when her boobs nearly fell into Lens lap. I hate when they lay all over the judges table
    Yes. She does. There's something about her legs that makes her dancing moves look not very graceful, even when she's doing it right.

She's come a long way since Season 1, but I'm still not crazy about her.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post

I don't think she's posed nude in a while. Many of the things she did were very early in her career. Still, if someone offers her a lot of money and she wants to do it then, you know, good for her.

She looks a lot healthier than she did a year or so ago. I remember on Dirty Soap when she went home to visit her family and her mother pulled out the scale and made Kelly get on. Kelly admitted that she was underweight and wasn't happy about it. I think the weight loss was due to the stress of her very long time relationship breaking up. Strange to say that she looks better, but she does, although she has lost weight since the beginning of the season. Kind of inevitable.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast