Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Helio Castroneves & Chelsie Hightower - All-Stars

Helio Castroneves & Chelsie Hightower - All-Stars

Helio Castroneves
    DWTS All-Star

Pro: Chelsie Hightower

#TeamHelio

He went from putting the pedal to the medal to moving his feet all over the dance floor. Now Helio Castroneves is going back to the ballroom. Will he race his way to another Mirrorball Trophy?

One of the most popular personalities in all of sports, Helio Castroneves, Team Penske's elder statesman, has accomplished much in his illustrious career, yet he remains passionate in his desire to achieve much more.

Helio returns for his 13th season with Team Penske in 2012 driving the No. 3 Shell-V-Power Pennzoil-Ultra and AAA/Automobile Club of Southern California Indy car. Known for his electric smile and enthusiasm, he has driven and danced his way into the hearts and minds of people around the world. He is one of the two active drivers to have earned the distinction of being a three-time winner of the Indianapolis 500 and the only race car driver ever to become a Dancing with the Stars champion.

In many ways, Helio is in a league of his own. He has parlayed his foray in the entertainment world into working as an occasional correspondent for Entertainment Tonight and, in the fall of 2010, he was invited back to the set of "Dancing with the Stars" to serve as a judge on the show after being voted as one of the top-10 best dances from the first 10 seasons of the show.

Helio’s celebrity status has afforded him an array of opportunities worldwide, the highlight of which came in 2004, when he had the once-in-a-lifetime experience of a private audience with Pope John Paul II while visiting Vatican City. His garage boasts the 2001 Indianapolis 500 Pace Vehicle Oldsmobile Bravada; a 50th Anniversary Special Edition Chevrolet Corvette, which he received for winning the 2002 Indianapolis 500, and his latest addition – a 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Indianapolis 500 Pace Car.

Helio enter the new race season once again ready to compete for the IZOD IndyCar Series championship for Team Penske and battle for a record-tying fourth Indy 500 victory.

Helio Castroneves Bio/Media Page - ABC.com

Re: Helio Castroneves & Chelsie Hightower - All-Stars

I bet she is so glad she has him as a partner. WTG Chelsie
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I agree! Good for Chelsie! She has a winner. I love his smile!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I liked Helio the first time around, up until he beat Mel B. But I thought the judges were kind of unfair and harsh to him (not to mention the other men) that seasons versus the girls. So his winning isn't the worst thing that's ever happened to me watching this show, and I don't mind that he's back. He and Chelsie should be a lot of fun together. I was hoping she'd get Drew or Apolo (I figured Helio was too tall for her), but I'm really looking forward to seeing them. However, I won't be too surprised if they wind up being an early exit.

I was hoping she'd get either Drew or Apolo, too. Never was a fan of Helio, but he's growing on me (thanks, Chelsie). From their tweets, their rehearsals seem to be going well and they appear to get along great, so that's a good start.
    karalott likes this.

I am happy she is with Helio, he has great fans .Those that loved his dancing, and his race car fans. I think he could be one to watch, especially with Chelsie who seems to get better with each season
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Newbie

My least favorite returning celebrity partnered with my favorite pro. Sucks to be me, since he gets my votes for her. At least Helio seems to be respecting and working hard for Chelsie and she's having fun.

FORT Fogey

There was a little blurb about Helio in the Sunday newspaper magazine today. He said he came back to show his two and a half year old daughter that Daddy could do something other than drive a race car, and to try and show her mother, who keeps turning down his proposals of marriage, his romantic, dancing side.

I think the thing with Helio is that it's hard to judge anything about him from a rehearsal tape. He's one of those people who lights up for an audience and just doesn't shine as brightly without one. I've worked in community people with people like that, and it was always amazing to me that someone who could seem almost dull during rehearsal could be almost someone else entirely as soon as a curtain went up and an audience responded.

There was a little blurb about Helio in the Sunday newspaper magazine today. He said he came back to show his two and a half year old daughter that Daddy could do something other than drive a race car, and to try and show her mother, who keeps turning down his proposals of marriage, his romantic, dancing side.
    I like hearing that.He can certainly light up the Indy circuit .He's also a bit of of hot head when he is disqualified ! yowzer!
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't know why anybody can NOT like Helio. Well -- I did dislike him for an hour or so after he won against Mel B (She was better than him, and I think he's great)... but only for that short period. lol.

Other than having a great smile, I think he's a great person. I don't think I ever saw him unhappy while he was practicing with Julianne Hough, except when he practiced to the Rumba routine. He obviously has great musicality in him, though he might have a bit of problem with his footwork. Other than that, I'm glad Chelsie got him for a partner for this season. I guess Chelsie will be able to develop great routines with Helio as her student.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast