+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Gilles Marini & Peta Murgatroyd - All-Stars

Re: Gilles Marini & Peta Murgatroyd - All-Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    But every time he's on camera he has to be "on." It's not just about the time on the actual dance floor. The whole show is the performance. Some people are just naturally more affectionate. I'm sure his wife is used to it and secure about their relationship. Like I said upthread, he's an actor.

"Creepy" is a judgment. I don't see it
    We'll just have to agree to disagree Critical. I don't see any of the other married contestants feeling the need to be "on", or making sexual comments towards their partners during rehearsals.
    nanarama likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Choreography: Created by Peta - blame her.
    Costume: Created by the costume department - blame them.
    He couldn't say no. I think he could have. I doubt she said look here, I think he has a say in what he will do. We will have to disagree, I see quite a few women have been turned off by him

From what I saw of rehearsals of that particular group dance, Gilles was giving a bunch of choreography ideas. I'll blame the both of them. Same with the costumes. This was Gilles baby (the whole group routine), I am sure a lot of the ideas for him and Peta originated from him.
    Exactly.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I think every contestant tries to (and is probably TOLD to) use their particular strengths to try to win this thing. So for Kirstie, that's her comedic talent, for Shawn it's gymnastic moves, for Ty in his season it was that good ol' down home boy personality, for various actresses it's been the ability to act the part they are dancing, and for Gilles it's sex appeal ... besides the fact that he can really dance, which is more than you can say for Kirstie, Ty, and many of the others over the years. I don't find him arrogant, and I think it was cute when he tossed the towel to Bruno and then was obviously embarrassed and hiding behind the other dancers until someone brought him a robe. If he were really arrogant and showing off, he would have stood there displaying his "jewels."

I guess it's fair to say that there are different feelings among us as to what is acceptable behavior and what isn't, and I doubt any discussion will change any minds. I have no problem with what Gilles does and I think he's what this show was originally supposed to be about -- someone who was not a dancer, but who became a very goo one during the course of his first season.

Gilles had virtually no fan base when he began. Apolo probably had only those who followed Olympic speed skating. Helio was unknown, too, except among race car enthiusiasts and I'd guess not too many of them watch a dance competition show unless someone tells them that one of their own is appearing. Each of them grew dedicated fan support, as did Katherine, who most likely was known only to those of us who enjoy opera. I liked each of them as I got to know them and I as watched them dance.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I don't find him arrogant, and I think it was cute when he tossed the towel to Bruno and then was obviously embarrassed and hiding behind the other dancers until someone brought him a robe. If he were really arrogant and showing off, he would have stood there displaying his "jewels."
    Actually, it looked to me that Tom was trying to get him out of view. They could've had a problem with Standards and Practices otherwise. (Remeber MaxS concern in that regard on an earlier episode?) Not quite sure why the crotch looks were deemed okay. I don't think Gilles is particularly shy about flaunting his "assets." This is a man who was made famous by a nude scene.

I guess it's just the difference in our perception. I wish I liked him more - instead I find myself liking him less each week.

FORT Fogey

The nude scene was a requirement of the role he was playing in a film, hardly comparable to an impromptu moment on DWTS. He also played an artist on Brothers & Sisters. That doesn't make him one in real life.

I haven't watched that much of DWTS as it's on opposite the Voice.
    I do think Gilles is a very good dancer.
    And, I do think he's an attractive man.
    However, I just really don't find him sexy, not on this or when he was in SATC.
    To me, he just tries too hard with the sexiness. And, when people try that hard and aren't tongue in cheek about it, I just don't find it sexy.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I don't think Gilles is particularly shy about flaunting his "assets."
    Edyta wasn't shy about flaunting her assets, but she didn't attract nearly the same amount of vitriol that Gilles has been this season. In fact, there's nothing that he's done that hasn't been done at least once by someone else during the run of the show. He's not my type (physically that would be the pale skinny dude who wore a hat all the time a couple of seasons back - can't recall his name - or Steve-o), but that still doesn't mean that I can understand the venom being directed at him. He's a tall, handsome entertainer out to do some entertaining. He hasn't insulted or belittled anyone, he hasn't gone on long, whining rants, he appears to have a work ethic and an interest in doing well, and he's a decent dancer. Soooo
    Florimel, xmaskat and AlwaysVeg like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I haven't watched that much of DWTS as it's on opposite the Voice.
    I do think Gilles is a very good dancer.
    And, I do think he's an attractive man.
    However, I just really don't find him sexy, not on this or when he was in SATC.
    To me, he just tries too hard with the sexiness. And, when people try that hard and aren't tongue in cheek about it, I just don't find it sexy.
    He didnt. When he started , I remember thinking how he didn't have to be half undressed to be sexy. Now, he just looks a couple of the others there. Maybe you are right, he is trying too hard, & looks almost desperate.

Maybe this show is forcing this on us, as many have said they forced Sabrina on us. I wont be voting for Gilles.
    I think Apolo is sexier than Gilles
    combatcutie and norealityhere like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He didnt. When he started , I remember thinking how he didn't have to be half undressed to be sexy. Now, he just looks a couple of the others there. Maybe you are right, he is trying too hard, & looks almost desperate.

Maybe this show is forcing this on us, as many have said they forced Sabrina on us. I wont be voting for Gilles.
    I think Apolo is sexier than Gilles
    Me too!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread