+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Gilles Marini & Peta Murgatroyd - All-Stars

Re: Gilles Marini & Peta Murgatroyd - All-Stars

I do not think he believes he has this locked up. I just think he cares very much and he is very, very French. I do believe the thinks he should have won his first season and I agree with him. I liked him then, I like him now. and I think his acting skills are developing nicely. I'd love to see a guest appearance on a comedy show like Big Bang Theory or Psych.
    combatcutie and xmaskat like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

He was really funny with those big shoes on with nothing but the towel. He has some moves.. did not care for him losing the towel without something to cover up with, and the upside down splits was sort of crass, but he is a versatile, very funny guy with some great loose dance moves. He made me laugh. He is definitely a beautiful specimen of maleness
    combatcutie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I do not think he believes he has this locked up. I just think he cares very much and he is very, very French. I do believe the thinks he should have won his first season and I agree with him. I liked him then, I like him now. and I think his acting skills are developing nicely. I'd love to see a guest appearance on a comedy show like Big Bang Theory or Psych.
    I think they all care in some way.I mean they all want to win, that's why they are there. I wish he would just dance, and ditch the dumb antics.Maybe we are seeing his acting skills, and this is as far as it goes. As for his believing he should have won, again, I am sure some of those that came in second, thought the very same thing
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'm in agreement. He seems overly concerned rather than arrogant, and nearly everyone seems more subdued than they did last time. My feeling about this is that the first time they didn't know what they were in for, so it was a little easier to work through the shock and put on a brave and happy face. This time, they all knew what was coming and when you know what's coming, it's a little more difficult to laugh through it.

And with respect to Gilles doing comedy, he was on an episode of that Chelsea Handler show that starred Laura Prepon last year, but they cast him as a a standard romantic French stud (original, no?) rather than let him play against type.
    ness, Tobi and KrazeeKy07 like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Well, I loved Gilles on his first season and I love him even more this time around. I thought the upside down split bit was funny - his face was so comical. And, when he threw his towel to Bruno and was running around, hiding behind everyone, too funny.

To me, he just seems like a really nice guy. So he's a little competitive - they ALL are. Gilles is a joy to watch.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I wanted to add that I think Peta looks great with dark hair! She looked the best in the wig this week. She should go with that look, it was very flattering to her. I don't think she is meant to be blonde, the or maybe just not so blonde. The dark hair wig and style made her looks so much more interesting and very pretty.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I know they keep showing his wife and kids in the audience, and I like Gilles, but he is NOT acting like a married man this go around. It's pretty sleazy the way he's coming on to Peta.
    I am SO glad someone mentioned this! Those two are all over each other and I don't care if you're European or not, that has got to suck for his wife. There is clearly some major chemistry between them and he is not trying to curb it at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up hooking up. I feel really sorry for his wife having to stand there and watch that while smiling and cheering for him. Any woman in her right mind would be uncomfortable with the way those two are acting, especially him. He's so touchy feely with Peta and he takes every opportunity to hug her, caress her, kiss her. If he wasn't married, great, have a blast. But he's married and I find it really shocking, actually.
    Need40winks likes this.

He's an ACTOR. He and his wife have been together for some time and I'm sure she's totally used to him having to pretend he's interested in other women romantically. The fact that Gille's wife is watching him from the audience every night AND that Peta's boyfriend is on the show tells me that nothing is going on. This show is a popularity contest and selling the partnership helps get them votes.

I don't see the big deal They're both sexy and have great chemistry. As a former dancer, I can tell you that dancers as a group tend to be very physically affectionate and it doesn't mean anything. Just because they have chemistry doesn't mean they're acting on it.
    JLuvs, Florimel, ness and 5 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I don't see him as being "all over" her any more than any other couple is "all over" each other. Last night I saw Maks hugging and kissing Kirstie - oh, the horror - they must be getting it on. In fact, what I do notice is that when the couple isn't overly affectionate, the gossip starts up as to why there is no chemistry - did they have a fight? do they hate each other? does one of them have a jealous spouse?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    He's an ACTOR. He and his wife have been together for some time and I'm sure she's totally used to him having to pretend he's interested in other women romantically. The fact that Gille's wife is watching him from the audience every night AND that Peta's boyfriend is on the show tells me that nothing is going on. This show is a popularity contest and selling the partnership helps get them votes.

I don't see the big deal They're both sexy and have great chemistry. As a former dancer, I can tell you that dancers as a group tend to be very physically affectionate and it doesn't mean anything. Just because they have chemistry doesn't mean they're acting on it.
    I understand all of that but... just because your an actor, doesn't mean you have to play the part of lusting for your partner on a dance show. And I wasn't talking about their performances, I was talking about the way he was treating Peta in rehearsals, and the way he would be making comments about Peta. Pretending that you want your partner sexually (I haven't seen anything romantic lol) in rehearsals - not necessary. So why do it? I found it almost creepy. None of that is necessary to enhance your performance on stage. You don't see the dancers on SYTYCD acting that way, and they are a much younger group - you'd almost expect it from them (and they aren't married). Gilles does seem to have toned down his antics in rehearsals (at least with what they've shown us), but of course now he is putting it in his performances. I am a bit tired of seeing him find new ways to spread Peta's legs and get a good look at her from that angle.

I don't find Gilles all that sexy either this season. I don't really know why - I did enjoy him on his first season. Something about him is just off putting for me this year.
    Need40winks likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread