+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Gilles Marini & Peta Murgatroyd - All-Stars

Re: Gilles Marini & Peta Murgatroyd - All-Stars

Yes, he is gorgeous and charming, but more importantly for me on this show, the man can DANCE! I hope Peta's choreography will show him at his best. The producers will never let it happen, but I 'd love to see Gilles, Emmitt, and Apolo in the final 3. I just think they won't allow an all male final.
    chrisg likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I know they keep showing his wife and kids in the audience, and I like Gilles, but he is NOT acting like a married man this go around. It's pretty sleazy the way he's coming on to Peta.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but it looks like Gilles tore his hamstring which is a pretty serious injury and it seems like he may have done it prior to the show on Monday but then further aggravated it. Hope he'll be ok...

Gilles Marini visiting hospital for dancing injury

Actor Gilles Marini tore his hamstring during rehearsals for U.S. reality show ‘Dancing with the Stars.’

The ‘Sex and the City: The Movie’ hunk is among the celebrities taking part in the all-star season of the program, and he showed off his fancy footwork during the series debut on Monday.

Marini admits he was worried injuries he picked up during practice would harm his chances of success, writing in his blog for Parade.com, "I had a few set back (sic) during rehearsals. I tore my hamstring and a joint in my lower back and I wasn't sure if they would affect my performance, but I pushed on and realized nothing can stop me once I am on that dance floor."

However, the actor's foxtrot with partner Peta Murgatroyd has caused him some pain and he is preparing to visit the hospital on Thursday.

In a post on his Twitter.com page on Wednesday, he writes, "Heat and Ice! Doing this all evening! Tomorrow Hospital at 10 to assess the damage! Then, no matter what I'm practicing!"
    Gilles Marini visiting hospital for dancing injury | TV | Entertainment | Toronto Sun

As far as Gilles being flirtatious, I see that as being a common European trait and it usually does not necessarily mean anything more than that with regard to the guys I've seen it in.
    Living likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere else, but it looks like Gilles tore his hamstring which is a pretty serious injury and it seems like he may have done it prior to the show on Monday but then further aggravated it. Hope he'll be ok...

As far as Gilles being flirtatious, I see that as being a common European trait and it usually does not necessarily mean anything more than that with regard to the guys I've seen it in.
    I agree. The Europeans are far less uptight about this than many of us. Plus, he is an actor and does loves scenes that are far more suggestive than anything he's doing on this show. I've never been jealous over things like that, so I don't see anything wrong with his apparent flirting. That would be true for any of the dancers, not just Gilles.
    chrisg and Living like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    Plus, flirting is just plain fun and I don't know why anyone would choose not to indulge upon occasion.
    Florimel and chrisg like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I hope he will be okay. I wish him well, at least he isn't like Jennifer Gray- and is constantly whining.Although, this is only week one.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Plus, flirting is just plain fun and I don't know why anyone would choose not to indulge upon occasion.
    I totally agree, but one doesn't normally do it knowing that their spouse will be witness to it, European trait or not. Plus that is not at all how he behaved during his first go round on the show. Just because something is common or "fun", makes it condonable.

I don't see Gilles behaving any differently now compared to Season 8. He's more comfortable in his own skin, and probably feels less awkward being called a "star" this time because he's accomplished a lot more since his first time.

I think the difference in perception to his rehearsal footage is due to the change in partner. Peta seems more flirtatious than Cheryl, who is more of a taskmaster. I think Gilles is just reacting to the different coaching style, because one way or another, he has to get the routine down in a limited amount of time.

And I wouldn't think his wife is too worried -- she's a knockout herself, and she was around every week during season 8.
    chrisg likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

She is a beauty no doubt, but beautiful people get divorced from each other all the time due to one of them cheating. Beauty does not keep your marriage safe. Anyway, it's cool to disagree. It's just not how I would choose to treat my husband, nor would I appreciate watching that kind of blatant flirtation with another woman on national tv from him. I think it's disrespectful, but to each their own. That being said, I do love Gilles, but I don't find his actions towards his marriage and his children who are also watching, very lovable.

Gilles & Peta are on "Ellen" today -- it's on right now in my area, I just turned it on -- hope I didn't miss them already!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread