+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Emmitt Smith & Cheryl Burke - All-Stars

Re: Emmitt Smith & Cheryl Burke - All-Stars

A few words that I thought were inspiring from Emmitt today on Twitter:

It’s what you do with a football that makes it special. Same holds true for dreams. Their value is only realized when you put them into play.

Emmitt also tweeted this earlier in the week and I thought I'd post it for CombatCutie and anyone else who missed Emmitt on Monday or wants to watch the dance again. I know Emmitt and Cheryl did it again for the encore, but it looked a little sharper the first night I thought.

Emmitt Smith's First Dance - Dancing With The Stars - YouTube

Oh, and Emmitt and Cheryl are doing the Quickstep next week.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 09-28-2012 at 10:58 AM. Reason: No embedded videos, use a link please
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Love this team! They are going last tomorrow according to Cheryl's twitter,
    chrisg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by EnglishCadbury View Post
    Love this team! They are going last tomorrow according to Cheryl's twitter,
    Thanks for joining us EC and ! Emmitt is one of my childhood sports heroes and I actually found FoRT when he was on DWTS the first time because I wanted to see what people were saying about him. I only lurked back then but eventually joined so I am glad you signed up and are jumping in to talk about Emmitt and the show. I hope my power holds out to see Emmitt since he and Cheryl are going last tonight. Fingers crossed!
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Wow, thanks for the nice Welcome. I love Emmitt and Cheryl together. I think although the Foxtrot wasn't his best he really did an outstanding solo, best of anyone in the competition!
    I am really looking forward to his Rumba/Samba fusion this week. This could be really fun.
    chrisg likes this.

I just heard an ugly rumor on the news. Cheryl is looking at becoming the next bachelorette. What is the world coming to?

Dancer Cheryl Burke Could Be The Next ‘Bachelorette’ « CBS San Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I just heard an ugly rumor on the news. Cheryl is looking at becoming the next bachelorette. What is the world coming to?

Oh, heaven forbid!!!! Know TPTB asked Emily Maynard again but think she is dating a race driver now, so this may be true about Cheryl. Ugh!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Well, she already has plenty of sparkly dresses to wear for the rose ceremonies!
    chrisg likes this.

Well, Maks did the Bachelor Ukraine so maybe that is what is inspiring Cheryl? I'm a little skeptical because Ryan Lochte said he would do the Bachelor for like $500k, I think, and I would have thought the show would jump at that but apparently he is not going to be the next Bachelor which made me think that the producers lean toward wanting relative unknowns for the US franchise. We'll have to see, I guess.

Emmitt was on Sportscenter this morning and he said that he thinks the routines are much harder this time around on DWTS and that the competition is much tougher. He actually mentioned the competition being tougher this time around twice and said flattering things about most of the other dancers left this season. I really think all of those thousands of hits Emmitt took in the NFL are starting to taking a toll on him and that he has lost some steam from his performances several years ago but -- other than mentioning his neck being crooked in passing in one of the rehearsal clips from earlier this year -- I think he is unlikely to say anything that would sound like an excuse. He is one of the older contestants this year, though, and even though I think your forties is young for most people, most of those people don't take thousands of contact hits the way NFL running backs do in a very long career.

I am still totally enjoying seeing Emmitt compete, though, and it is great to see his positive personality shine through. I especially loved, loved, loved hearing him ask Cheryl, "When is the last time we laughed?" Emmitt has always had such a great attitude that I think that is all too rare in life and, beyond that, I think that many very accomplished people unfortunately seem to become jaded, but I really don't think that will ever happen to Emmitt and that makes me feel really proud of him. Go, Em!
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post

I love this idea! Why not Cheryl? She many fans, me being one of them. Viewers mean ratings and she could easily bring over DWTS fans who don't watch the Bach franchaise.

I'm a little skeptical because Ryan Lochte said he would do the Bachelor for like $500k, I think, and I would have thought the show would jump at that but apparently he is not going to be the next Bachelor which made me think that the producers lean toward wanting relative unknowns for the US franchise. We'll have to see, I guess.
    Ryan is not blessed with charisma, charm or ability to string several sentences together! That is why he was never considered.
    KrazeeKy07 and chrisg like this.

Emmitt and Cheryl's dances are the "Leave Me Alone" Tango from Michael Jackson's Bad album. I hope they dance it as well as when Drew did the "Shut Up" Tango, it's got the same vibe and the same tempo.
    And he's doing a Lindy Hop to "Secret Agent Man" I hope he takes his cool vibe and kills it. Since Lindy Hop was invented in Harlem in the 30's it requires a style that isn't strict ballroom, but urban cool.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast